What's new

The Donkeys are Braying: Rivalry with the Broncos

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
The NFL keeps me interested until Jan then there is preseason games etc so.
I've tried watching it. Just can't get into it. Play seems to stop for an extended break every few seconds. I know in RL they also have to play the ball but in NFL, the play seems to come to an end quicker and the break is much longer and a complete break. Even in play the balls the defence is moving and the offense if getting organised.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I've tried watching it. Just can't get into it. Play seems to stop for an extended break every few seconds. I know in RL they also have to play the ball but in NFL, the play seems to come to an end quicker and the break is much longer and a complete break. Even in play the balls the defence is moving and the offense if getting organised.
I haven't watched much of it but from what I've seen, I prefer soccer........ or cricket, just not test cricket.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I am a massive NFL fan. Titans supporter unfortunately.

Some may find it stop and start like Equaliser. But if we are totally honest with ourselves, Rugby League is very one dimensional at times. 5 hit ups and a kick seems to dominate play in the modern game. However, I don't think either camp watches either sport for the finesse involved. They are both attractive because they are played hard. NFL more chess like, with NRL being more aerobic. Both sports have their down sides.

My game is obviously football/soccer. To me its unmatched for skill, romance and history. I love it and always will, played and coached at a high level, and i never get sick of it.

Red

Forum staff
I am a massive NFL fan. Titans supporter unfortunately.

Some may find it stop and start like Equaliser. But if we are totally honest with ourselves, Rugby League is very one dimensional at times. 5 hit ups and a kick seems to dominate play in the modern game. However, I don't think either camp watches either sport for the finesse involved. They are both attractive because they are played hard. NFL more chess like, with NRL being more aerobic. Both sports have their down sides.

My game is obviously football/soccer. To me its unmatched for skill, romance and history. I love it and always will, played and coached at a high level, and i never get sick of it.
Where do you watch it? As far as I know the Super Bowl is the only televised game. It starts in the morning and lasts 4 or 5 hours as far as I know. Never followed ti closely either so I might be wrong.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins hit back at NRL over anti-tampering scandal​

Dolphins are on a collision course with the NRL as the new franchise prepares to fight explosive charges over the Deine Mariner anti-tampering scandal.
Sport Confidential can reveal the Dolphins are going down swinging, with the expansion newcomers to lodge a formal report hitting back at sensational claims they tried to entice Mariner into breaking his Broncos contract.

The Dolphins are seething at any suggestion they have deliberately flouted the code’s anti-tampering rules and have filed a robust counterclaim to League Central outlining their defence of Mariner’s poaching allegations.

The NRL integrity unit has breached the Dolphins for failing to provide adequate records of their dealings with Mariner and his manager McIvor. But Redcliffe are going toe-to-toe with the NRL with what they believe is a compelling case.
  • Dolphins bosses have pointed out the club signed 36 players — a complete NRL full-time roster — in just over 12 months, not receiving a single other complaint as they lodged all paperwork with the NRL.

• Such was the integrity of the Dolphins’ negotiations in player signings, it is understood the NRL commended the club for their detailed note-taking of transactions.

• The Dolphins also supplied evidence of negotiations with a number of NRL stars they ultimately failed to snare, including Cameron Munster, Harry Grant, Brandon Smith, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Reece Walsh.

• The Dolphins are also expected to argue that the NRL has cherrypicked quotes from their evidence and, in some cases, used partial quotes to mount their case.

• They will further point out that the evidence of Mariner’s agent McIvor, as well as his subsequent public comments, support their case.

• The Dolphins were of the belief that there was no need to keep written notes of their talks with McIvor because it was simply a general conversation and no dollars or deal were ever discussed.

• The Dolphins deliberately took a conservative stance in talks with McIvor to ensure they stayed within the rules and because they were well aware that the agent had a longstanding relationship with Brisbane recruitment boss Simon Scanlan