What's new

Round 6: Dolphins vs Brisbane Broncos

Josh

QLD Cup
Kodi has only played centre in an emergency. He has never ever been named in that spot in a run on side and won't be this weekend either. I'm not sure of his contract status but Fuller would be a good replacement at FB.
Is he in the top 30? I think he trialed with Melbourne or another team, they decided not to offer him a top 30 contract so he came back to play for Redcliffe but isn't in the Dolphins top 30.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Is he in the top 30? I think he trialed with Melbourne or another team, they decided not to offer him a top 30 contract so he came back to play for Redcliffe but isn't in the Dolphins top 30.
I didn't think so. I wasn't aware that he trialled with another club. Was Lachlan Hubner in their top 30? I don't think he is.

Josh

QLD Cup
I didn't think so. I wasn't aware that he trialled with another club. Was Lachlan Hubner in their top 30? I don't think he is.
He must be or he wouldn't have been allowed to play. Though not sure what the rules are for development players. I thought they weren't allowed to play until round 10.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Kodi has only played centre in an emergency. He has never ever been named in that spot in a run on side and won't be this weekend either. I'm not sure of his contract status but Fuller would be a good replacement at FB.
he played it plenty at other clubs and at rep level

jake be fullback and it wont be val

mr_c

QLD Cup
in all fairness to kodi might not be there either if he came off which will mean edric and robert be there least they look fitter than val

Last edited:

Jetty

QLD Cup
Val could play FB, then you can chant "your just a thin latrell Mitchell a thin latrell Mitchell, a thinnnnn latrell........
Give Val a break. He did the work to lose 10kgs. Though I think he needs to lose another 5~10kgs before he can be a regular NRL player.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Give Val a break. He did the work to lose 10kgs. Though I think he needs to!+!!``+¡ lose another 5~10kgs before he can be a regular NRL player.m

Exactly I am been kind he's not ready simple as that

mr_c

QLD Cup
And SOS is?
i do yes i know hes not everyone's cup tea like tesi like milf but i come to the realization not every ones going be a marquee half or player

just need see the praise he gets from wayne n players to know hes nrl ready

yes hes in cup side but i think he will hold his spot

with milf and kodi n him all contract in next two years and nothing really standing out bar
Joshua James and not linked to any halfs lately would suggest we keeping him

yeah sure hes no marquee player but look at the halfs we were trying sign lot them been average in first few weeks

Jetty

QLD Cup
i do yes i know hes not everyone's cup tea like tesi like milf but i come to the realization not every ones going be a marquee half or player

just need see the praise he gets from wayne n players to know hes nrl ready

yes hes in cup side but i think he will hold his spot

with milf and kodi n him all contract in next two years and nothing really standing out bar
Joshua James and not linked to any halfs lately would suggest we keeping him

yeah sure hes no marquee player but look at the halfs we were trying sign lot them been average in first few weeks
Makes sense but you could surely make the same argument about Val. He's not the complete package because he's overweight and not fit enough but I think for this weekend without Herbie and Hammer, he's the best we've got.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Makes sense but you could surely make the same argument about Val. He's not the complete package because he's overweight and not fit enough but I think for this weekend without Herbie and Hammer, he's the best we've got.
i am sorry but jennings n edric are better than him needs be qld cup to loose the wieght i going be very suprised if they renew his contract

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
i am sorry but jennings n edric are better than him needs be qld cup to loose the wieght i going be very suprised if they renew his contract
Val and SoS both cop a lot of flack. Probably undeserved. Val is too heavy. I think he just can't lose as much weight as he needs to. SOS just isn't a good enough playmaker. Probably trains the house down and is very fit.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He must be or he wouldn't have been allowed to play. Though not sure what the rules are for development players. I thought they weren't allowed to play until round 10.
he must of signed a contract up grade as they can play prior to round 10 if they sign a contract up grade on his last year of contract so would say he be in there this week too

Equaliser

He's in the top 30 though not sure if he has been since the beginning of the season or recently promoted. Clubs usually leave 1 spot open until the end of August when they can no longer make any changes to the top 30.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He's in the top 30 though not sure if he has been since the beginning of the season or recently promoted. Clubs usually leave 1 spot open until the end of August when they can no longer make any changes to the top 30.
yeah hes in the 30 i would say you will probbaly hear more after round 10 i notice we still have one more spot i wonderif we could get jnr now

Josh

QLD Cup
yeah hes in the 30 i would say you will probbaly hear more after round 10 i notice we still have one more spot i wonderif we could get jnr now
Who is jnr?
Junior Tupou? I think Bostock has been ok and Isaako isn't going anywhere.

midlands hobo

Give Val a break. He did the work to lose 10kgs. Though I think he needs to lose another 5~10kgs before he can be a regular NRL player.
He should have turned up fit to preseason. Shows a total lack of respect. I'd say he needs to up his fitness more than anything. The weight will drop naturally if he works to get fitter. It's been like a year and he doesn't even appear fitter as in moving around the park.