What's new

Round 6: Dolphins vs Brisbane Broncos

Chris

QLD Cup
TBH, Broncos mistakes have been keeping us in the game. We weren't leading due to playing better.

Josh

QLD Cup
Need to hang in there and hopefully pip them at the post.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I don't see what's so good about Averillo. Why he keeps Tessi and Val in reserve grade.

Josh

QLD Cup
game over. We have a lot of work to do to match it with the best teams. We are way off the pace. Beating the low hanging fruit created the wrong impression.

Red

Forum staff
I've had enough. I'd just say:
Players who were found out and have to pull their socks up in hard games.
  • Averillo
  • Katoa
  • Nicholls
  • Bostock (He is still on)
Players who had a bad night but have some excuses;
  • JMK
  • Bromwiches
  • Ray Stone
Players who can hold their heads high;
  • Aitken
  • Niko

Chris

QLD Cup
  • Averillo
  • Katoa
  • Nicholls
  • JMK
  • Bromwiches
  • Ray Stone
  • Aitken
  • Niko
Isaako didn't have a good game.

Jetty

QLD Cup
When Hammer went down, we were seriously up against it. But I agree we are still way off the pace with the best teams.

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
  • Averillo
  • Katoa
  • Nicholls
  • JMK
  • Bromwiches
  • Ray Stone
  • Aitken
  • Niko
Not sure what game you were watching - Nicholls was close to Dolphins’ best tonight. Just checked the numbers - in 40 minutes he ran more metres than any other Dolphin (170m), more offloads (2, equal most with Niko) and made 28 tackles at 100% efficiency. And without going through the replay, I don’t think Broncos scored a point while he was on the ground

Red

Forum staff
Not sure what game you were watching - Nicholls was close to Dolphins’ best tonight. Just checked the numbers - in 40 minutes he ran more metres than any other Dolphin (170m), more offloads (2, equal most with Niko) and made 28 tackles at 100% efficiency. And without going through the replay, I don’t think Broncos scored a point while he was on the ground
Stats don't tell the whole story. Though you might be right. Maybe I'm being too harsh. I was just going though the team list with 20min left. But definitely in favour of keeping Wallace in the 17 when Flegler returns.

mr_c

QLD Cup
in all fairness alot our issue was our slow start in first half where lot of players were rushing plays to earlier we were more composed during second half especailly the fact we had more possession missed tackles were the big killer and that was because we were rushing

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
There was a 15-minute period last night where everything went wrong for the Dolphins and there was I way back after Broncos ran in four pretty easy tries, but the loss is not the end of the world. Injuries are going to have a huge impact on this year’s ladder because (apart from the top three or four sides) it is such an even competition. If this spate of early-season injuries turns into a good run with injuries in the second half of the comp then Dolphins will be well-placed for a top-8 finish - fingers crossed

mr_c

QLD Cup
There was a 15-minute period last night where everything went wrong for the Dolphins and there was I way back after Broncos ran in four pretty easy tries, but the loss is not the end of the world. Injuries are going to have a huge impact on this year’s ladder because (apart from the top three or four sides) it is such an even competition. If this spate of early-season injuries turns into a good run with injuries in the second half of the comp then Dolphins will be well-placed for a top-8 finish - fingers crossed
yeah abd we will only get better with more recurits coming in once te older guys go depth is key