What's new

Round 6: Dolphins vs Brisbane Broncos

Dolph

QLD Cup
There was a 15-minute period last night where everything went wrong for the Dolphins and there was I way back after Broncos ran in four pretty easy tries, but the loss is not the end of the world. Injuries are going to have a huge impact on this year’s ladder because (apart from the top three or four sides) it is such an even competition. If this spate of early-season injuries turns into a good run with injuries in the second half of the comp then Dolphins will be well-placed for a top-8 finish - fingers crossed
Definitely need Flegler in the middle and Herbie in the centres. Not sure Reynolds makes much of a difference for them. Overrated.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
They ran in 3 tries against the run of play, while we were on the attack, from dropped balls to kicking luck.

2 depleted teams, with us losing our x factor in Hammer after 20mins.

They weren't the 14 point better side, and we both weren't that bad considering the outs.

Not bothered by the loss, on to the next game.

Dolph

QLD Cup
They ran in 3 tries against the run of play, while we were on the attack, from dropped balls to kicking luck.

They weren't the 14 point better side, and we both weren't that bad considering the outs.

The only meaning this has is that we aren't assured of being top or near the top of the table during the Origin period. With so many injuries and tries against the run of play, not bothered at all by the loss.

Josh

QLD Cup
There was a 15-minute period last night where everything went wrong for the Dolphins and there was I way back after Broncos ran in four pretty easy tries, but the loss is not the end of the world. Injuries are going to have a huge impact on this year’s ladder because (apart from the top three or four sides) it is such an even competition. If this spate of early-season injuries turns into a good run with injuries in the second half of the comp then Dolphins will be well-placed for a top-8 finish - fingers crossed
We will live to fight another day and they did score a few tries against the run of play but we should have been able to score 2 or 3 tries in the first 20min when they were handing us chance after chance.

Reactions: Red

Nashy

Broncos Scout

1712981790811.png

Both were pretty bad mate. 67% completion each.

Red

Forum staff
Capras will be disappointed.
He had a chance and all he really did with it was smash Walsh off the ball. I wanted him to get a chance but I think that's it. Lemuelu will surely be back next week and Averillo is a lock for fullback with Val coming into the centres.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He had a chance and all he really did with it was smash Walsh off the ball. I wanted him to get a chance but I think that's it. Lemuelu will surely be back next week and Averillo is a lock for fullback with Val coming into the centres.
i reckon you wont see val there i reckon kodi be in centre and they bring sean in or euan at centre

Red

Forum staff
i reckon you wont see val there i reckon kodi be in centre and they bring sean in or euan at centre
I doubt Wayne will want to move Katoa. Just when he's getting used to and playing well at halfback and I don't think SOS can play 5/8. Ditto for Aitken. He was being shopped when he was a centre. Since moving he's been better than our big or bigger name backrowers, Kenny B, Kafusi, Lemuelu.

Last edited:

mr_c

QLD Cup
I doubt Wayne will want to move Katoa. Just when he's getting used to and playing well at halfback and I don't think SOS can play 5/8. Ditto for Aitken. He was being shopped when he was a centre. Since moving he's been better than our big or bigger name backrowers, Kenny B, Kafusi, Lemuelu.
aitken was never shopped

be the only way he can do it in the halfs would say he need plath in the forwards

Blockade

QLD Cup
Kodi has only played centre in an emergency. He has never ever been named in that spot in a run on side and won't be this weekend either. I'm not sure of his contract status but Fuller would be a good replacement at FB.