What's new

Round 6: Dolphins vs Brisbane Broncos

Red

Forum staff

BRONCOS v DOLPHINS

Friday, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Broncos:
Reece Walsh is a chance to return from a facial fracture, which would push Tristan Sailor out of the team. Adam Reynolds will miss out due to a hamstring injury, with Jock Madden to come into the halves. Deine Mariner suffered a back injury, which will likely see Corey Oates shift to the wing. Xavier Willison is likely to return from a head knock on the bench.

Dolphins:
Kurt Donoghoe is facing a two to three match suspension for a careless high tackle. Herbie Farnworth suffered an AC joint injury and will spend some time on the sidelines, with Tesi Niu likely to come into the team at centre. Felise Kaufusi suffered a hamstring injury, with Kenny Bromwich likely to shift to the edge, or Connelly Lemuelu could return from injury in his place. Tom Flegler suffered a suspected AC joint injury and is likely to spend time on the sidelines pending scan results.

If memory serves correct, this is so similar to last season. We were cruising but the round before the Broncos game, suffered a few injuries and suspensions. At least the Broncos will be without Reynolds but with Walsh so they will mostly cancel each other out.

Jetty

QLD Cup

BRONCOS v DOLPHINS

Friday, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Broncos:
Reece Walsh is a chance to return from a facial fracture, which would push Tristan Sailor out of the team. Adam Reynolds will miss out due to a hamstring injury, with Jock Madden to come into the halves. Deine Mariner suffered a back injury, which will likely see Corey Oates shift to the wing. Xavier Willison is likely to return from a head knock on the bench.

Dolphins:
Kurt Donoghoe is facing a two to three match suspension for a careless high tackle. Herbie Farnworth suffered an AC joint injury and will spend some time on the sidelines, with Tesi Niu likely to come into the team at centre. Felise Kaufusi suffered a hamstring injury, with Kenny Bromwich likely to shift to the edge, or Connelly Lemuelu could return from injury in his place. Tom Flegler suffered a suspected AC joint injury and is likely to spend time on the sidelines pending scan results.

If memory serves correct, this is so similar to last season. We were cruising but the round before the Broncos game, suffered a few injuries and suspensions. At least the Broncos will be without Reynolds but with Walsh so they will mostly cancel each other out.
They are without Haas as well. They will be desperate. Starting to lose touch with the top of the table.

mr_c

QLD Cup
long as we dont go in letting our success go to our head need start afresh and draw on there weakness

• Sad
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
long as we dont go in letting our success go to our head need start afresh and draw on there weakness
We haven't had any success so far. Unless you count not getting the spoon last year was a success.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod squad member
Yep. Some Dolphins supporters are getting away ahead of themselves.
I am looking forward to the Broncos, as I think it will be a good indicator of where we are at.

A loss won’t mean the cutting of wrists. It will bring everyone to a place where they know what needs to happen.

Don’t get me wrong. I am a excited and encouraged by a lot of what we have and have done.

However, there are pieces to the puzzle that need putting into place still. We need a marquee, among other things. Not so much from a performance point of view, but more of a statement that we are serious and strive to win.

Equaliser

I am looking forward to the Broncos, as I think it will be a good indicator of where we are at.

A loss won’t mean the cutting of wrists. It will bring everyone to a place where they know what needs to happen.

Don’t get me wrong. I am a excited and encouraged by a lot of what we have and have done.

However, there are pieces to the puzzle that need putting into place still. We need a marquee, among other things. Not so much from a performance point of view, but more of a statement that we are serious and strive to win.
If doesn't Reynolds play, there will no excuse. We are drastically weakened due to injury but so are they. If Reynolds and Walsh don't play..... Their best forward, main playmaker and best back out. They will be more weakened than us.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Felise Kaufusi sounds like hes going be out longer than he thought

Chris

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Tesi Niu
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Ray Stone
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Anthony Milford
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Jarrod Wallace
  18. Oryn Keeley
Good luck to Milf, J. Wallace and Tessi

Equaliser

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Tesi Niu
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Ray Stone
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Anthony Milford
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Jarrod Wallace
  18. Oryn Keeley
I'm a bit surprised by Milf on the bench. If Kodi's playing well, surely Wayne won't want to move him mid-game but where else will Milf come on except at 5/8?

Reactions: Red

midlands hobo

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Tesi Niu
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Thomas Flegler
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Ray Stone
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Anthony Milford
  16. Mark Nicholls
  17. Jarrod Wallace
  18. Oryn Keeley
I'm surprised flegler is ok

mr_c

QLD Cup
* Jordan Riki is OUT of the Dolphins derby * Delouise Hoeter set to miss the season with a knee injury.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
* Jordan Riki is OUT of the Dolphins derby * Delouise Hoeter set to miss the season with a knee injury.
few missing for the donkeys, we should kick Oates to death keep turning him around, high balls to Walsh and keep pressure on him.

Equaliser

TBH, I'm not sure him being out will weaken the Broncos. Talking about Riki.