What's new

Round 5 - Dragons vs Dolphins

Jetty

QLD Cup
Bottom line is, there are no easy games. Ask the Broncos about last year when late in the season they lost to the eventual wooden spoon team.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I reckon it's gonna be a tough game, JMK is back which will help, but we are still missing key players and a lot of the initial hype, especially after the Broncos game, is now gone, so it will be a tough test. They are underdogs in the betting odds 2.35:1 and I hope it stays that way to maintain momentum.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
I reckon it's gonna be a tough game, JMK is back which will help, but we are still missing key players and a lot of the initial hype, especially after the Broncos game, is now gone, so it will be a tough test. They are underdogs in the betting odds 2.35:1 and I hope it stays that way to maintain momentum.
This + one thing I think critics got right about the Dolphins is the lack of depth.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
Should get this one easy.
No such thing as an easy game.....

The Dolphins have players missing and new combinations.
They'll have to work hard for it......
which judging by all 4 games thus far......the Redcliffe boys have got tons of resilience.

I expect them to bounce back against the merge in a hard fought game.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

which judging by all 4 games thus far......the Redcliffe boys have got tons of resilience.

They were actually very impressive for 70min against the Broncos. Another team making the pre-season ladder predictions look laughable. At this early stage.

Nashy

Broncos Scout

Phins by 30.

Josh

QLD Cup
Dragons don't look too threatening. Big centres, not very fast. Like ours.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
This + one thing I think critics got right about the Dolphins is the lack of depth.
After yesterday's game against the Bears this is pretty concerning. I thought maybe Kelly would get a look in with SOS out and Milford being Milford, but he was very average.

Wayne was rumoured to be at the game too sussing things out - don't think he would have been impressed.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Will be an interesting game. Do the Dragons players want to play for the Hook? If so, they'll fire up and it'll be a hard game. Thank god JMK will be back. If they don't went to play for Hook, they'll go well for 30~40min and then pack it in unless they are already well ahead.

Red

Forum staff
After yesterday's game against the Bears this is pretty concerning. I thought maybe Kelly would get a look in with SOS out and Milford being Milford, but he was very average.

Wayne was rumoured to be at the game too sussing things out - don't think he would have been impressed.
Where do you get news about QLD Cup games?

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Will be an interesting game. Do the Dragons players want to play for the Hook? If so, they'll fire up and it'll be a hard game. Thank god JMK will be back. If they don't went to play for Hook, they'll go well for 30~40min and then pack it in unless they are already well ahead.
Think we might prove too strong though to take any side lightly is asking for trouble.

Chris

QLD Cup
Team Tips: Sean O’Sullivan (pec) will be sidelined for three months but Isaiya Katoa (elbow) should return. Jeremy Marshall-King (suspended) comes back at hooker. Wayne Bennett said whether Kodi Nikorima plays this week is “debatable” after he was cleared of concussion but required plenty of stiches to his head following a collision against the Broncos. Tesi Niu (leg) was gone after 10 minutes against the Broncos but played through.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
JMK will certainly help things along......

Katoa & Milf
Phins by 30.
On 2nd thought...you may be right 😁

Fuck that was an ordinary 2nd half from Dragons against the Sharks..... 🤮🤮

Chris

QLD Cup
JMK will certainly help things along......

Katoa & Milf

On 2nd thought...you may be right 😁

Fuck that was an ordinary 2nd half from Dragons against the Sharks..... 🤮🤮
What a rabble but they might really fire up in response. It happens quite often. JMK will be a big inclusion and hopefully Niko will be ok.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Broncos will win as well so won't be able to claim our rightful position at the top of the table just yet.