What's new

Round 5 - Dragons vs Dolphins

Josh

QLD Cup
Broncos will win as well so won't be able to claim our rightful position at the top of the table just yet.
In round 8 they face their bogey team, Parramatta. Looks like they will win until then. But we have Souths in round 7. So that's it. Beat Souths and a good chance of going to the top of the table. Assuming form holds as it is now.

From round 8 to round 12, Broncos have a very difficult draw. And I believe from around round 12, SOO will be on. SOO will har4dly affect the Dolphins at all. Tom Gilbert might be called up. Who else? The Hammer on the bench maybe. They will lose Haas so automatically a 12 point poorer side. Also Carrigan, Flegler, Cobbo, Capewell. If NSW have some injuries in the outside backs, maybe Staggs will get called up.

Manly and unfortunately, Roosters right up there as well. They will also be hit hard during Origin. Especially Manly. Roosters have lots of Kiwis among their top players.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I am starting to worry when people expect us to win this easily.
In round 8 they face their bogey team, Parramatta. Looks like they will win until then. But we have Souths in round 7. So that's it. Beat Souths and a good chance of going to the top of the table. Assuming form holds as it is now.

From round 8 to round 12, Broncos have a very difficult draw. And I believe from around round 12, SOO will be on. SOO will har4dly affect the Dolphins at all. Tom Gilbert might be called up. Who else? The Hammer on the bench maybe. They will lose Haas so automatically a 12 point poorer side. Also Carrigan, Flegler, Cobbo, Capewell. If NSW have some injuries in the outside backs, maybe Staggs will get called up.

Manly and unfortunately, Roosters right up there as well. They will also be hit hard during Origin. Especially Manly. Roosters have lots of Kiwis among their top players.
Kafusi has to be in origin surely? Definitely Gilbert but not sure if Hammer will get a spot as Walsh looks to have fullback sewn up if Ponga is out. I don't think Hammer would be chosen out of position on wing/centre above our depth there and not sure if he is a good bench option again?

Wallace may even be a smokey if he continues form?

Kafusi is getting on, so if he plays all 3 games and maybe misses an extra round or two on top of the camp weeks to recover, plus his 4 round suspension, that could be 7-9 rounds he misses for us which is a massive loss for the overall season.

Josh

QLD Cup
I am starting to worry when people expect us to win this easily.

Kafusi has to be in origin surely? Definitely Gilbert but not sure if Hammer will get a spot as Walsh looks to have fullback sewn up if Ponga is out. I don't think Hammer would be chosen out of position on wing/centre above our depth there and not sure if he is a good bench option again?

Wallace may even be a smokey if he continues form?

Kafusi is getting on, so if he plays all 3 games and maybe misses an extra round or two on top of the camp weeks to recover, plus his 4 round suspension, that could be 7-9 rounds he misses for us which is a massive loss for the overall season.
I must have been mistaken. I thought Kafusi has retired from rep football. The Hammer would only get a chance if there are a few injuries to be best 17.

Chris

QLD Cup

Dolphins:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Anthony Milford
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mason Teague
  18. Poasa Faamausili

Jetty

QLD Cup

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Anthony Milford
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mason Teague
  18. Poasa Faamausili
I didn't know Bostock had been promoted to the top 30.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Isaiya Katoa
  7. Anthony Milford
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert
  14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Mason Teague
  18. Poasa Faamausili
Interesting that Wayne has Milford at no.7.
I thought it the obvious choice, but as others pointed out, typically that's where Katoa has played in the past.

I got a good feeling about that halves pairing...... (y)

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Interesting that Wayne has Milford at no.7.
I thought it the obvious choice, but as others pointed out, typically that's where Katoa has played in the past.

I got a good feeling about that halves pairing...... (y)
Probably a typo. Wayne said last week Katoa is a halfback, not a 5/8.

Chris

QLD Cup
Anyone remember the Origin game about 10 years when Andrew Johns referred to Inglis as, 'a black c**t' and Tahu stormed out of the NSW camp? This next game has the same kind of feel about it. St George are being dragged over the coals in the media. It's either going to fire them up to play really well or they are barely going to turn up and get flogged like NSW did that time.

Josh

QLD Cup
I think the Dragons might be fired up for this one. Going to be a hard game.

Josh

QLD Cup
Big game tomorrow. Already showed we can more than match it with the big guns. Now we have to show we aren't complaciant against the lesser teams.

Due to Origan not effecting us much, it will only take a few more wins for us to be very confident of making the finals, if not top 4.

Josh

QLD Cup
Looking forward to this! Hopefully put a big score on.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Broncos fans have said that for the last 4 years and lost 🙃
That loss late last year was an absolute debacle. I very much doubt it's going to be repeated today.