What's new

Round 20: Dolphins vs Penrith Panthers

Nashy

Broncos Scout
No. Apparently he's been moved because centre because Aitken and Te Whare are rubbish centres while Kodi is an ok fullback. I absolutely disagree. Not saying Aitken and Te Whare are really good centres, Aitken will never be and Te Whare isn't yet, but I don't think they are that bad. Not bad enough to justify moving Hammer from his best position in favour of Kodi.

And the results have shown that isn't a winning formula but Wayne is sticking with it so let's see what happens. The spoon won't be visiting us but pre-season predictions about the bottom 4 can't be ruled out.

Stress free September though!

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I used to lose sleep when my old team played finals matches. I tried to convince myself it wasn't that important but didn't succeed.

Dolphins will be there plenty over the next few years. Not sure this year, but the clubs in a better position than I think we all thought it would be.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Wash my mouth out with soap, but if we absolutely have to have Hammer in the centres, I'd like to see Milf go fullback and Niko reserve.

Josh

QLD Cup
Wash my mouth out with soap, but if we absolutely have to have Hammer in the centres, I'd like to see Milf go fullback and Niko reserve.
Moving Milf from his best position to move Hammer away from his best position? Don't like that idea.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Moving Milf from his best position to move Hammer away from his best position? Don't like that idea.
Only if Wayne is fully intent on Hammer playing centres and having Milf on the bench. I just don't like Kodi at fullback tbh, I reckon this game he is gonna get found out really bad in defense with Cleary playing.

I would even prefer seeing Trai get a go there instead of Niko, he he has been playing off the charts for Redcliffe.

Red

Forum staff
Only if Wayne is fully intent on Hammer playing centres and having Milf on the bench. I just don't like Kodi at fullback tbh, I reckon this game he is gonna get found out really bad in defense with Cleary playing.

I would even prefer seeing Trai get a go there instead of Niko, he he has been playing off the charts for Redcliffe.
I don't like Kodi at fullback either. I don't agree with what Benny is doing at all. Even play Kodi at centre to leave Hammer at the back, if Benny is really that down on the clubs stock of centres.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Anyone know what the final panthers team is?

I read Stephen Crichton, Brian To'o, Liam Martin and Isaah Yeo are all not playing now, and no mention if Cleary is actually back or not?

Maybe it won't be the bloodbath I thought it might be - fingers crossed.

Josh

QLD Cup

I read Stephen Crichton, Brian To'o, Liam Martin and Isaah Yeo are all not playing now, and no mention if Cleary is actually back or not?

Penrith coach Ivan Cleary will rest Origin stars Stephen Crichton, Brian To’o, Liam Martin and Isaah Yeo. The Panthers coach said earlier in the week that he was confident son Nathan Cleary will return from a hamstring injury and the Penrith halfback remains in the extended squad for now. “There’s a pretty good chance (he’ll play) I reckon … he’s tracking really well,” Ivan said on Wednesday. “No, not fast-tracking. This was the weekend that he was always aiming to play in. He’s gone well in his rehab, so we just have to see how the week goes.”

Red

Forum staff

Looks like Cleary isn't playing.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Pressure is on to win now. Before no one gave us a chance.
We are still huge outsiders according to betting places - this game is ultra important and at home, I hope they lift big time, we are definitely due an upset.

Nashy

Broncos Scout

Think he's still got it to play back there? I miss the Milf from Canberra.