What's new

Round 20: Dolphins vs Penrith Panthers

Dolph

QLD Cup
I know everyone has a bad game here and there but I think we can officially say we have a halves problem. Maybe Katoa is the answer next year. We will see. Milf and SOS aren't going to get better.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Katoa will be a gun.

You are right, we need a 7 beside him that can March the team around the pitch.

SOS’s execution is poor, his decision making off sometimes. Yes he may be acceptable for a wests tigers. However, if we are serious and want to be competitive he is not good enough.

Red

Forum staff
Katoa will be a gun.

You are right, we need a 7 beside him that can March the team around the pitch.

SOS’s execution is poor, his decision making off sometimes. Yes he may be acceptable for a wests tigers. However, if we are serious and want to be competitive he is not good enough.
Hope you're right about Katoa. At this point, I'm undecided personally. I had hoped Milf would be good for one more year but he needed to step up yesterday but didn't. I wonder what Benny will do.

Red

Forum staff
Signing Payne Haas or Tino would make it a good off season. And two centres. A winger. A new half.
Centres will be ok with Herbie. I think from next year, Bostock will be in the centres or wing every week. A new half and/or 5/8 will be needed if we are going to be a serious premiership threat. Still have the following props next year:
  • Wallace (pick of the props so far this season.)
  • J Bromwich (TBH, disappointing so far.)
  • K Bromwich (was a better backrower but those days are probably gone.)
  • Ese'ese (surprisingly good.)
  • Nicholls
I just checked the stats. Yesterday J. Bromwich ran for 63m. Wallace for 114 and Ese'ese for 135m.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Proud that we competed well until the end but we really should have won that game. We had them in almost all the stats, but our spine let us down with all the opportunities in their 20, plus some soft tries, especially on our left edge. MIlford and SOS were terrible all round.

Even though Niko did well and was one of our best, we definitely need Hammer at FB to become more involved and steady up our spine. He had a poor game in defense, missing 4 of the 13 tackles he made. Hard for him out of position in between SOS and Te Whare - it shouldn't be his job in this team to be holding the defense for an entire edge.

I feel sorry for Katoa being out of place but he does provide some spark, however credit to Graham for making 50 tackles (only 2 misses), but he is a bit like McCullough and dulls our go forward.

We really miss Gilbert in the middle too - Stone missed 7 tackles (as did SOS).
Ray Stone is for me the most consistent forward we have. Not a standout but relentless. Yea he missed a few tackles but go back and see how far he actually tracked to get in the position to try and tackle. Half the squad wouldn't even got close to attempting a tackle

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Ray Stone is for me the most consistent forward we have. Not a standout but relentless. Yea he missed a few tackles but go back and see how far he actually tracked to get in the position to try and tackle. Half the squad wouldn't even got close to attempting a tackle
Yeah Stone has been pretty good usually, but we seriously miss Gilbert at lock - he can't hold a candle to him. It's a big expectation for him to fill, but Gilbert was one of, if not the best, locks in the whole comp. for most of the season. Hopefully he can recover back to 100% for next season.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Yeah Stone has been pretty good usually, but we seriously miss Gilbert at lock - he can't hold a candle to him. It's a big expectation for him to fill, but Gilbert was one of, if not the best, locks in the whole comp. for most of the season. Hopefully he can recover back to 100% for next season.
Our troubles started exactly when Gilbert was injured. Though that was also the time JMK was injured. I guess they were our two most important players.