What's new

Round 2: Dolphins vs St George Illawarra Dragons

Dolph

QLD Cup
3. Hammer
2. Plath
1. Katoa

Katoa had a blinder but forwards laid an excellent foundation for him.

Josh

QLD Cup
I can't select 3-2-1. It was a team effort.
Maybe Hammer gets 3 but 2-1 is a toss-up.

Blockade

QLD Cup
plath by far
Agree you with this time, Geoff. His performance was stunning. He had some great touches at dummy half as well. It will be hard to keep him out of the lineup from here on in.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Agree you with this time, Geoff. His performance was stunning. He had some great touches at dummy half as well. It will be hard to keep him out of the lineup from here on in.
He was good but I didn't think any better than most of the forwards. I'd go with Kafusi or Flegler as the best forward. They were the ones laying the foundation early when it was an arm wrestle. But I'd say Plath is definitely Gilbert's replacement for this year and the early part of next year.

And Katoa, who was my MoM is staying at halfback.

Josh

QLD Cup
i dont see katoa staying there especailly with players knowing what wayne expects
After Sunday you think SOS will force Katoa out of halfback? It would take two very dramatic form reversals. Katoa to get much worse and SOS to get much better.

Josh

QLD Cup
He was good but I didn't think any better than most of the forwards. I'd go with Kafusi or Flegler as the best forward. They were the ones laying the foundation early when it was an arm wrestle. But I'd say Plath is definitely Gilbert's replacement for this year and the early part of next year.

And Katoa, who was my MoM is staying at halfback.
After long thought, I'm going to go with Katoa for MoM as well even though playmakers getting all the accolades after forwards do all the hard work is one of my pet hates.

Reactions: Red

mr_c

QLD Cup
Judging by his performance on Sunday, he knows what Wayne expects of him.
and i am sure more than one player will be as welll its about carrying in after the bye like that

Red

Forum staff
and i am sure more than one player will be as welll its about carrying in after the bye like that
True. But it's also about what competition Katoa has in the lower grades. How did SOS go in the QLD Cup? I used to keep track of it but since last year, suddenly I just don't have much interest in it. I think more important for the Dolphins is the status of Milf. I wanted him in for his kicking game but it looks like Katoa has done a lot of work on that during the off-season so maybe Niko is a better option even after Milf becomes available.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Like I heard on talk Baack as long as forwards dominate wont matter who the half's are

Josh

QLD Cup
for sure but look at the games we won it was won because of forwards
It was won due to a team effort. Even Jack Bostock played well. Katoa had a blinder. Get over it. The only thing that will see him out of the team and out of halfback now is injury. Or selection in rep teams.

mr_c

QLD Cup
It was won due to a team effort. Even Jack Bostock played well. Katoa had a blinder. Get over it. The only thing that will see him out of the team and out of halfback now is injury. Or selection in rep teams

i will wait and see what wayne says personally dont see it happening

Chris

QLD Cup
i will wait and see what wayne says personally dont see it happening
Don't see Katoa hanging around at halfback? If he has several shockers in a short space of time, Wayne might drop him.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Don't see Katoa hanging around at halfback? If he has several shockers in a short space of time, Wayne might drop him.
no i see him going back to 6 only because of one thing he(sully) was only given time of because baby , especailly the fact they given him run in reserve grade dont think he would be in reserve grade this week if wasnt going be there next in the nrl side

Last edited:

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
no i see him going back to 6 only because of one thing he(sully) was only given time of because baby , especailly the fact they given him run in reserve grade dont think he would be in reserve grade this week if wasnt going be there next in the nrl side
People get dropped to Reggie’s to work on their game , why risk playing him in reggies if he is playing nrl next week. And who would he replace in a winning team

Chris

QLD Cup
People get dropped to Reggie’s to work on their game , why risk playing him in reggies if he is playing nrl next week. And who would he replace in a winning team
Kotoa directed the team around very well and also kicked well. Doing that, team is best served having a ball runner at 5/8.