What's new

Round 2: Dolphins vs St George Illawarra Dragons

mr_c

QLD Cup
People get dropped to Reggie’s to work on their game , why risk playing him in reggies if he is playing nrl next week. And who would he replace in a winning team
1 he wasnt dropped ,
2 he plays this weekend there because other wise 2 weeks with no games
3 i really dont think wanye cares whether its a winning team or not fans might by wayne hmmm
if he wants changes he will make them he said prior no spots are safe
especially if he comes out and says room for improvement

waynes not ypur average nrl coach

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Kotoa directed the team around very well and also kicked well. Doing that, team is best served having a ball runner at 5/8.
1 he wasnt dropped ,
3 i really dont think wanye cares whether its a winning team or not fans might by wayne hmmm

I will have a bet with you sos does not get in the team next week if everyone is fit

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
I will have a bet with you sos does not get in the team next week if everyone is fit
1 he wasnt dropped ,

Pretty sure I have never questioned Wayne’s coaching ,

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Thinking of heading over to watch the game on Sunday, didn’t get to many Q cup games last year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
People get dropped to Reggie’s to work on their game , why risk playing him in reggies if he is playing nrl next week. And who would he replace in a winning team
this was wat i was commenting on

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Wayne won’t change a team that won 38-0, unless there is injury.

Wayne had Soward in 2010 and won a comp on the back of a tactical kicking game. Which Katoa executed like a pro against the dragons. It’s the reason we won I thought.

Wayne won’t be dropping him. Unless he is injured or giving the youngster a rest

Josh

QLD Cup
read the comment before mine it states wayne wont change a winning side and i said i dont think he cares if its a winning side or not he will make changes
Ok.
Wayne won’t change a team that won 38-0, unless there is injury.

Wayne had Soward in 2010 and won a comp on the back of a tactical kicking game. Which Katoa executed like a pro against the dragons. It’s the reason we won I thought.

Wayne won’t be dropping him.
100%. And not only that, the last time SOS played "pretty well" was in the first half of last season. Katoa had a better game last Sunday than SOS has ever had for the Dolphins. Furthermore, Katoa played by far his best game in his only game so far as halfback. If SOS can play 5/8, he's got a chance. For now, he has to concentrate on his game in the QLD Cup and see what happens there and in the NRL with Katoa.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Ok.

100%. And not only that, the last time SOS played "pretty well" was in the first half of last season. Katoa had a better game last Sunday than SOS has ever had for the Dolphins. Furthermore, Katoa played by far his best game in his only game so far as halfback. If SOS can play 5/8, he's got a chance. For now, he has to concentrate on his game in the QLD Cup and see what happens there and in the NRL with Katoa.
SOS played pretty well.

Pretty well, in English, is a Qld cup player.

I have never seen SOS play at NRL standard, not even at the Panthers. He is a pretty good player, I agree, but to play halves in the NRL, and be competitive, you need to be better then pretty good.

And thats not a knock on you my friend, Its just i am glad to see him gone

Red

Forum staff
Thanks a lot to SoS for putting in 100%. It just seems a younger, more talented player has now arrived making SoS's position untenable. No shame in that. It happens to almost everyone. Occasionally players retire even when there is no one adequate to replace them. Think Alfie Langer and the Broncos or Thurston and the Cowboys. Thankfully, that isn't the case for us.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Thanks a lot to SoS for putting in 100%. It just seems a younger, more talented player has now arrived making SoS's position untenable. No shame in that. It happens to almost everyone. Occasionally players retire even when there is no one adequate to replace them. Think Alfie Langer and the Broncos or Thurston and the Cowboys. Thankfully, that isn't the case for us.
Lets not crown him the next immortal just yet but yeah, definitely a good first game at halfback.