What's new

Round 16: Dolphins vs Melbourne Storm

Josh

QLD Cup
Not being seriously injured is better than not scoring the try.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Since Herbie moved off the wing and into the centres, the performance of the whole team was much better. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but now we know, don't put Herbie on the wing.

Red

Forum staff
Disappointing but after the first 3 min, much better than I thought it would be.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Bostock's early exit proved to be more vital than I thought it would be. But the Dolphins gave themselves plenty of opportunities to win. Lacked polish and a bit of luck.

They dominated the stats but fell short on the scoreboard. One thing I did take out of tonight's game. The Dolphins are playoff bound in 2024.

Last edited:

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Bostock's early exit proved to be more vital than I thought it would be. But the Dolphins gave themselves plenty of opportunities to win. Lacked polish and a bit of luck.

They dominated the stats but fell short on the scoreboard. One thing I did take out tonight's game. The Dolphins are playoff bound in 2024.
With no back or utility on the bench, I thought we handled it much better than I expected.

Josh

QLD Cup

They dominated the stats but fell short on the scoreboard. One thing I did take out of tonight's game. The Dolphins are playoff bound in 2024.
Melbourne are one of the top teams and we almost beat them. A bit of luck and we would have beaten them. Lemuelu missed by a millimetre. It could have easily been given a try. But remember they were missing their two best players, Munster and Grant. We were also missing Hammer and Kafusi but TBH, I don't think you can say they are as important to us as Munster and Grant is to them.

Josh

QLD Cup
A lot of talk about Hammer and Herbie in the centres, Fuller at fullback. Problem is how well Hammer has been playing at fullback and Fuller is suspect under the high ball. So why not move Fuller into the centres?

mr_c

QLD Cup
A lot of talk about Hammer and Herbie in the centres, Fuller at fullback. Problem is how well Hammer has been playing at fullback and Fuller is suspect under the high ball. So why not move Fuller into the centres?
not going happen trais a qld cup player at best leave him there dont play him outta position fans need think with there heads not with there hearts

Josh

QLD Cup
not going happen trais a qld cup player at best leave him there dont play him outta position fans need think with there heads not with there hearts
Ok, your opinion. I disagree. At least I'd like him to get a chance.

Jetty

QLD Cup
theres no way they be playing guys like him outta position
Herbie played out of position for 78 minutes least night. First on the wing and then on the other side from where he usually plays centre.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Herbie played out of position for 78 minutes least night. First on the wing and then on the other side from where he usually plays centre.
so they were just going to pull a back of the bench ? who else were they going play there

Jetty

QLD Cup
so they were just going to pull a back of the bench ? who else were they going play there
In hindsight, should've put Averillo there. The point is, good players can play out of position. I don't know about Fuller at centre but wouldn't rule it out. Another possibility is having him in the bench and moving Kodi to hooker at some stage but that is also problematic due to how well Kodi has been playing at 5/8. The only weak link where Fuller could possibly play is Averillo's. Either directly or to fullback so Hammer can play centre. But I don't think the latter is happening. Regardless, it seems to me Fuller is too good for Cup. Last night he always looked like our most likely to break the line.

mr_c

QLD Cup
In hindsight, should've put Averillo there. The point is, good players can play out of position. I don't know about Fuller at centre but wouldn't rule it out. Another possibility is having him in the bench and moving Kodi to hooker at some stage but that is also problematic due to how well Kodi has been playing at 5/8. The only weak link where Fuller could possibly play is Averillo's. Either directly or to fullback so Hammer can play centre. But I don't think the latter is happening. Regardless, it seems to me Fuller is too good for Cup. Last night he always looked like our most likely to break the line.
they wont be putting jake in reserve grade anytime soon hes way to good of a defence player, just stop thinking and let it be hes here when we need him