What's new

Recruitment and retention

Red

Forum staff
100%. I actually spent a fair bit of time with some of the Broncos, including Dave, right around when Wayne was at the end of his 2nd stint and then when Henjack took over. Wayne was starting to get Dave on a decent track, but once Henjack took over it was all over. It's not so much a reflection on the coaches, but rather player attitude. The thing with Te Whare is that with the limited amount I know about him, I feel he has the capacity to work hard and thrive, especially under Wayne, whereas guys like Dave didn't. I really hope so, because it would be an awesome story and so good for the club if this happens.
Didn't Henjack take over at the end of Wayne's first stint?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Milf was good again in the second half, wasn't he?
He had some good attacking touches, especially that try assist, but I feel having him and Teague on the bench meant we lacked impact and forward momentum when the starting forwards and injured Aitken came off. If Milf wasn't on the bench, I feel Lemelu could have just slotted straight into center when Aitken went down, and the team dynamic with another forward on the bench could have helped sustain our 1st half domination more. From the last few weeks, it would be hard to drop Nikorima to reserve who has played outstanding, or replace Katoa with him. It's a hard one.

Chris

QLD Cup
He had some good attacking touches, especially that try assist, but I feel having him and Teague on the bench meant we lacked impact and forward momentum when the starting forwards and injured Aitken came off. If Milf wasn't on the bench, I feel Lemelu could have just slotted straight into center when Aitken went down, and the team dynamic with another forward on the bench could have helped sustain our 1st half domination more. From the last few weeks, it would be hard to drop Nikorima to reserve who has played outstanding, or replace Katoa with him. It's a hard one.
I agree. I think Milf should be the 5/8 or not in the 17.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Look, I have watched him (Aitken) closely over many years being an ex-dragon's supporter.

Yes he is playing well now. He is great in defense. He has no idea in attack, and bringing his winger into the game properly.

You guys are watching him now, and he is going well. I just don't trust it. However, I hm happy to go along with you guys for now because he is showing good form. I hope it last for his dolphin career.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Look, I have watched him (Aitken) closely over many years being an ex-dragon's supporter.

Yes he is playing well now. He is great in defense. He has no idea in attack, and bringing his winger into the game properly.

You guys are watching him now, and he is going well. I just don't trust it. However, I hm happy to go along with you guys for now because he is showing good form. I hope it last for his dolphin career.
Very strong ball runner. Not the greatest ball skills but not completely absent either.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

I used to watch him closely before when I played SuperCoach as he was always in my team and ran up great stats when he played for the Dragons. He seemed to consistently get a lot of tackle busts, metres and assists, but not in a flashy way so he never stood out I guess.

Josh

QLD Cup
I used to watch him closely before when I played SuperCoach as he was always in my team and ran up great stats when he played for the Dragons. He seemed to consistently get a lot of tackle busts, metres and assists, but not in a flashy way so he never stood out I guess.
He's stood out in multiple games this year. Not the quickest of centres but with Isaako, Niu and the Hammer in the backs, he can get away with it.

I was equally impressed by his defence last week.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
He's stood out in multiple games this year. Not the quickest of centres but with Isaako, Niu and the Hammer in the backs, he can get away with it.

I was equally impressed by his defence last week.
Yeah his style really fits well into our team structure and the players around him. He is also very good value for what he delivers, I don't believe he takes up much cap space.

No doubt Wayne realised both of these and got him in. He was almost at the end of his playing days at the Warriors.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yeah his style really fits well into our team structure and the players around him. He is also very good value for what he delivers, I don't believe he takes up much cap space.

No doubt Wayne realised both of these and got him in. He was almost at the end of his playing days at the Warriors.
Anyone know if Aitken is looking at time on the sideline and if so, how long? I hope Wayne was comfortable with the halftime score and sat Aitken out of the second half was a precaution.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Rumour going around that Roosters, via a third party (so they can deny it) shopped Sam Walker to the Dolphins but Wayne said, "no thank you". If this is true, I agree with Wayne fully.

Josh

QLD Cup
Rumour going around that Roosters, via a third party (so they can deny it) shopped Sam Walker to the Dolphins but Wayne said, "no thank you". If this is true, I agree with Wayne fully.
Broncos should take him. Reynolds body will struggle to keep going for much longer.
I'd prefer we go with Katoa or Sullivan.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I heard they were up here having a chat. Not sure if it was a no thank you.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Rumour he met with Wayne but Wayne denied it. Rumour a third party approached Wayne about it but was knocked back hasn't been denied by anyone.
Yeah, I am not sure they are allowed before June 30.

I don’t know the rules. However, denying it would be the normal response whether they met or not.

Chris

QLD Cup
Yeah, I am not sure they are allowed before June 30.

I don’t know the rules. However, denying it would be the normal response whether they met or not.
If an approach to us has been made, it would have to be with the Roosters permission otherwise it would be against the rules.