What's new

Injury and suspension

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Been looking but not heard anything. I think it's dubious but if it was proper serious they would have said immediately. I'm hoping they are not certain and doing a shed load of tests.

Chris

QLD Cup
Been looking but not heard anything. I think it's dubious but if it was proper serious they would have said immediately. I'm hoping they are not certain and doing a shed load of tests.
One thing is certain, with a dislocated shoulder the best possibility is several weeks ago. Though I think "partial dislocations" can be a little more mild. Though can also be just a severe. e.g. can still result in a full reconstruction being required.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Anyone know exactly what is wrong with JMK's shoulder?
No idea.

Does anyone have any idea what's going.on with Mr. Gilberts shoulder? As fas as I know, it could be a partial dislocation and be only 1 or 2 weeks out. Or it could mean a shoulder reco which would see him maybe be ok for round 1 next year.

Josh

QLD Cup
Match review committee hammering us again!!!! WTF is going on?

The Dolphins have been dealt a double blow with forward Jarrod Wallace and five-eighth Anthony Milford each handed three-game bans for dangerous tackles during Saturday’s NRL match against the Warriors in Auckland.

In the 13th minute of the Round 14 contest, Wallace was put on report for a shoulder charge on Warriors centre Rocco Berry, who was knocked out and later failed an HIA. The 31-year-old was subsequently charged by NRL match review committee with a grade two offence on Sunday, copping a three-week suspension with an early plea.

It was a shoulder charge but it wasn't late and wasn't high. It was a head clash that that knocked the Berry out. I thought 1 week would be the absolute worst case.

Meanwhile, Milford was sent to the sin bin and put on report by referee Grant Atkins following a late tackle on Warriors winger Marcelo Montoyo early in the second half of the 30-8 defeat at Go Media Stadium.

The 28-year-old was also handed a three-week ban (with an early plea) for the grade two offence.

Milford did hit him late but it wasn't high. I thought sin bin was more than enough. Absolute worst case, 1 week.

Equaliser

The Dolphins have been dealt a double blow with forward Jarrod Wallace and five-eighth Anthony Milford each handed three-game bans for dangerous tackles during Saturday’s NRL match against the Warriors in Auckland.

In the 13th minute of the Round 14 contest, Wallace was put on report for a shoulder charge on Warriors centre Rocco Berry, who was knocked out and later failed an HIA. The 31-year-old was subsequently charged by NRL match review committee with a grade two offence on Sunday, copping a three-week suspension with an early plea.

It was a shoulder charge but it wasn't late and wasn't high. It was a head clash that that knocked the Berry out. I thought 1 week would be the absolute worst case.

Meanwhile, Milford was sent to the sin bin and put on report by referee Grant Atkins following a late tackle on Warriors winger Marcelo Montoyo early in the second half of the 30-8 defeat at Go Media Stadium.

The 28-year-old was also handed a three-week ban (with an early plea) for the grade two offence.

Milford did hit him late but it wasn't high. I thought sin bin was more than enough. Absolute worst case, 1 week.
Extremely harsh!!

Jetty

QLD Cup
Bad news. Probably our second hardest to replace and arguably best player, Tom Gilbert is likely out for the season.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

This is becoming a damn joke.

Chris

QLD Cup
I hope Wayne had given on winning by halftime and that's why he rested JMK. Not because he's really seriously injured. And now he has 2 weeks to get himself right. Because he's badly needed.

Josh

QLD Cup
Huge blow. Probably neck and neck with JMK for our best so far this season.
Just imagine losing both. JMK is an ever bigger loss, IMO because of the lack of an adequate replacement. Donoghoe tries hard but isn't a natural No.9.

Chris

QLD Cup

DOLPHINS

• Brenko Lee (ankle) — TBC
  • Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder) — TBC
  • Sean O’Sullivan (pectoral) — Round 17-18
  • Felise Kaufusi (suspension) — Round 17
  • Anthony Milford (suspended) — Round 19
  • Jarrod Wallace (suspended) — Round 19
  • Tom Gilbert (shoulder) — season

Dolph

QLD Cup
Seems like no injuries from last night. We need the Hammer playing on Saturday.

Equaliser

Anyone got any news on JMK? Is he confirmed out for the season?

Chris

QLD Cup
JARROD WALLACE — Dolphins

Charge: Shoulder Charge

Charge grade: 1

Record: 3rd & Subsequent Offence

Early plea: 3 matches

Guilty at panel: 4 matches

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
It just seems completely arbitrary. I actually thought it was a pretty clear shoulder charge. Compare that to the late high shot that wasn't late and wasn't high that Kafusi got 3 games for early in the season.
100%, I thought he was no chance at defending it. The judiciary and general officials for the NRL have no consistency or unified direction.