What's new

2025 squad/ targets

Josh

QLD Cup
from what i heard yes its closer than that than playing i heard even if they gave him till next season he still may not be able to be recovered
That's really sad news. I hope it gets better.

mr_c

QLD Cup
it will be really intresting to see where the limit will be on stefano only reason i say this look how much dragons put on afb and missed out

Dolph

QLD Cup
it will be really intresting to see where the limit will be on stefano only reason i say this look how much dragons put on afb and missed out
Apparently Cronulla are paying him 950k for 4 years. I think they messed up. He'll be 29 before he plays first game for them. He's already sliding.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Apparently Cronulla are paying him 950k for 4 years. I think they messed up. He'll be 29 before he plays first game for them. He's already sliding.
on books yes but they be 3rd party deals on top hence how they got nico for cheap n few others pretty sure they buy them homes and pay for there food amoung other things

mr_c

QLD Cup
ryan matterson intrests me i know he has a strong bond with both woolf brothers n was linked here before hes hard worker n does the 1% right

he be cheap as especailly if they us fuis as a prop more which i hearing is strong possibility n also hearng connie could be heading out the door to before end next sason
belive connie they dont want to increase his money

Dolph

QLD Cup
on books yes but they be 3rd party deals on top hence how they got nico for cheap n few others pretty sure they buy them homes and pay for there food amoung other things
They got Nicho (Hynes?) cheapish because he was a bench utility at best for Melbourne. Since they had to upgrade him on about 1 mil a year.

mr_c

QLD Cup
They got Nicho (Hynes?) cheapish because he was a bench utility at best for Melbourne. Since they had to upgrade him on about 1 mil a year.
yes but hes no where near that on books hes closer to the 300k figure on books

mr_c

QLD Cup
No fibs more the fact they have player sponsor deals that cover it no player in the big money is something salary to make there contract

Jetty

QLD Cup
No fibs more the fact they have player sponsor deals that cover it no player in the big money is something salary to make there contract
There is a cap for 3rd party deals of about 400k per club and it's very strictly policed so as to ensure the 3rd party sponsor has nothing to do with the club. Hynes is I think on a bit less than 1mil a year and that is on the books. I'm sure he has a 10~20k, maybe a bit more on top of that.

mr_c

QLD Cup
There is a cap for 3rd party deals of about 400k per club and it's very strictly policed so as to ensure the 3rd party sponsor has nothing to do with the club. Hynes is I think on a bit less than 1mil a year and that is on the books. I'm sure he has a 10~20k, maybe a bit more on top of that.
theres also player sponsor deals which are legal as well , which doesnt involve the club just player and the sponsor

mr_c

QLD Cup

i know atleast 3 clubs that have sponsors that give houses cars jobs n houses to family pay for travel kids schooling list goes on all doent need be seen by nrl​

What players can earn outside the salary cap​

Unlimited – Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved by both a player’s club and the NRL. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

i know atleast 3 clubs that have sponsors that give houses cars jobs n houses to family pay for travel kids schooling list goes on all doent need be seen by nrl​

What players can earn outside the salary cap​

Unlimited – Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved by both a player’s club and the NRL. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the
Hynes isn't on anything close to 300k on the books and 700k off. No one is in the NRL. Would make the cap largely meaningless.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Hynes isn't on anything close to 300k on the books and 700k off. No one is in the NRL. Would make the cap largely meaningless.
well then answer me this what sprta money can they earn from these sponsor deals what they earn by cap is tupppence compared to lower grade players

ask yourself this is a million dollar deal really what they getting i know for fact it aint

thars half reason lotta clubs can give lower paid guys more works in a lot of clubs favour

Dolph

QLD Cup
well then answer me this what sprta money can they earn from these sponsor deals what they earn by cap is tupppence compared to lower grade players

ask yourself this is a million dollar deal really what they getting i know for fact it aint

thars half reason lotta clubs can give lower paid guys more works in a lot of clubs favour

mr_c

QLD Cup
thats all well and good they can say they give him that but when you look at the break down of the contract ( what part of that comes out of cap)

ask yourself this how do other clubs keep so many stars ( they say they give them 800k plus but you will find cap wise they actually aiint getting great deal )

hence why they say reportly as no one ever actually knows as thats between them n club salaray caps figures are just averages of what every player should be paid

Dolph

QLD Cup

thats all well and good they can say they give him that but when you look at the break down of the contract ( what part of that comes out of cap)

ask yourself this how do other clubs keep so many stars ( they say they give them 800k plus but you will find cap wise they actually aiint getting great deal )

hence why they say reportly as no one ever actually knows as thats between them n club salaray caps figures are just averages of what every player should be paid
3rd party deals are 100% separate from contracts signed with the club.

mr_c

QLD Cup
3rd party deals are 100% separate from contracts signed with the club.
no they not your mixing up sponsorship deals with third party * they theu ones that nrl needs to know off)

sponsorship ones are done in private with sponsor n player not even club nos the deal details

i know for a fact uncle nick at chocks has a number of big time players on his books paying out deals to players

they even get paid to go on the tv shows on fox n the like

is the important part

If a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap.

Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player.

bit more of a break down

Last edited: