What's new

Round 7: Dolphins vs South Sydney

Red

Forum staff
Dolphins can still be proud imo. Got a little unlucky to start the second half then the floodgates opened when Bromwich got sent. Certainly not easy beats.
It's a good lesson. Something has to be done about the second half fade outs. Kafusi back next week will help. Probably Niu as well.

Josh

QLD Cup
Their first try in the second half was a sick joke. An obvious push in the back. Their next was very lucky. Then Bromwich completely mistimed his tackle and the rest was history.

tommy

Pod Calf
It's a good lesson. Something has to be done about the second half fade outs. Kafusi back next week will help. Probably Niu as well.
Bromwich will get 2 or 3 though you think. Fucking unfortunate.

Chris

QLD Cup
Niu will be the biggest inclusion. Kafusi is a good player but we have over for him. As for Niu, not so much. Bostock, not quite ready yet. Edrick Lee and Jennings aren't really NRL standard anymore.

Reactions: Red

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Euan Aitken just keeps pumping out the run metres. Jesss Bromwich needs to do a little better in that area and Lemuelu needs to watch how Tom Gilbert plays and go looking for half as much work.

As stated above, Niu can't get back soon enough and if he is still out, maybe it's time to revisit Bostock.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Devastated but that first half showed we have the capacity to be a top 4 team. It could certainly have been more in the first half if the left edge (Jennings) gelled better.

3. Aitken
2. JMK
1. Gilbert

Equaliser

Devastated but that first half showed we have the capacity to be a top 4 team. It could certainly have been more in the first half if the left edge (Jennings) gelled better.

3. Aitken
2. JMK
1. Gilbert
3. Gilbert
2. JMK
1. Aitken

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
The NRL certainly aren't doing us any favours early on. First JMK was suspended for 2 games rather than a fine or 1 game. Then Kafusi was given 4 games for something I thought warranted a fine at worst and now this. I was stunned this try was awarded.

‘Utterly bizarre’ Bunker call​

Rabbitohs centre Campbell Graham scored a double but his 44th minute try left commentators scratching their heads when it appeared the Souths star pushed Dolphins centre Euan Aitken out of the way to get the ball.

While the Bunker didn’t have a problem with it, there were question marks over the try. Lachlan Ilias put up a pinpoint bomb with Graham snagging the four pointer.

Johnathan Thurston believed it should have been a penalty to the Dolphins. “Was that a push in the back from Campbell Graham?” he said.

Darren Lockyer said: “I think this is a penalty. They should be looking at that because he was taken out, Aitken. “I’m surprised by that, because he had no chance to compete and protect Nikorima. He gets pushed out of the way. I’m surprised by that.”

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
Thoughts on Katoa....?

If I'm being brutally honest.....he's been a bit, mehhh?

At this point, I'd be dropping him in favour for KNik when SOS comes back.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
The NRL certainly aren't doing us any favours early on. First JMK was suspended for 2 games rather than a fine or 1 game. Then Kafusi was given 4 games for something I thought warranted a fine at worst and now this. I was stunned this try was awarded.

‘Utterly bizarre’ Bunker call​

Rabbitohs centre Campbell Graham scored a double but his 44th minute try left commentators scratching their heads when it appeared the Souths star pushed Dolphins centre Euan Aitken out of the way to get the ball.

While the Bunker didn’t have a problem with it, there were question marks over the try. Lachlan Ilias put up a pinpoint bomb with Graham snagging the four pointer.

Johnathan Thurston believed it should have been a penalty to the Dolphins. “Was that a push in the back from Campbell Graham?” he said.

Darren Lockyer said: “I think this is a penalty. They should be looking at that because he was taken out, Aitken. “I’m surprised by that, because he had no chance to compete and protect Nikorima. He gets pushed out of the way. I’m surprised by that.”
I disagree..... if he was competing for the ball fair enough...but he wasn;t. He was trying to act as a blocker only. Your fair game to get shoved out of the way in that instance......
IMO.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Thoughts on Katoa....?

Undecided but he's definitely a halfback, not a 5/8.

Equaliser

Thoughts on Katoa....?

After the Cowboys game, I ws sure we had our long term halfback. After last night...... Not so sure.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
I disagree..... if he was competing for the ball fair enough...but he wasn;t. He was trying to act as a blocker only. Your fair game to get shoved out of the way in that instance......
IMO.
I understand competing the ball but in the rules, you can't just push an opposition player out of the way to get to the ball.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I understand competing the ball but in the rules, you can't just push an opposition player out of the way to get to the ball.
To look at it as unbiased as possible, I thought it was very obviously a penalty. Aitken wasn't just standing in the way though even if he was, pushing him out of the way isn't allowed under the rules. Aitken also had eyes for the ball and was moving toward it. Whether he was just going to act as a blocker or whether he was going to try to catch the ball is irrelevant.

Reactions: Red

Jetty

QLD Cup
Thoughts on Katoa....?

Hard to judge him on last night. Wayne obviously gave instructions that Nikorima should get his hands on the ball much more often than Katoa.