What's new

Round 27 v Newcastle Knights the Must win

Josh

QLD Cup
Is it ok to speculate our former coach is losing it? Why does he continue to go with the long drop outs? Every other team goes with short drop outs. As far as I can see the downside is very limited but big potential upside. For long drop outs, I can't see any upside unless trying to put it into touch. Short drop out = less energy spent in defence and only costing one or two more tackles on the line.

Anyway, good luck to him at Souths. We are moving forward with Wolff.

Blockade

QLD Cup
WB very unhappy with the Fuller no try. He continues to call for the bunker to be scrapped. It certainly was a big call and may have influenced the outcome.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
WB very unhappy with the Fuller no try. He continues to call for the bunker to be scrapped. It certainly was a big call and may have influenced the outcome.
Agree 100%. It was a try, the person impeding was a knights player that went into tackle the lead runner, which stopped the runner breaking and continuing in the line.

We take the lead there, its a different game in the first half.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Is it ok to speculate our former coach is losing it? Why does he continue to go with the long drop outs? Every other team goes with short drop outs. As far as I can see the downside is very limited but big potential upside. For long drop outs, I can't see any upside unless trying to put it into touch. Short drop out = less energy spent in defence and only costing one or two more tackles on the line.

He is a very good coach. But very set in what he does. So I agree.

He has been a massive success in a league devoid of youthful coaches bringing something different and new. There might be 2/3 others that are first class.

We are in that pool of clubs hoping our new coach can bring something new and elevate our team to the next level. I hope Wolff can do it.

But he is the master coach, one because he is good at what he does, but two, because there are a lack of coaches challenging on that front. SO he has a job for life.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

He's a good manager and motivator but sometimes seems like he's a bit slow to pick up on or take advantage of new rules and tactics.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
So i watched live until about 5mins to go then turned off, i even rewatched and my opinion has only solidified. Just weren't good enough they wanted it more.

Fuller no try was dubious the impeded guy literally took a step and jumped to the floor. If that wasn't a try how was the knights one allowed? Where was hammer? so he showed up in the odd attack and scored the try but basically he was MIA for most of the game. Herbie was if i'm honest trying too hard and made some risky choices to force something. Brommers yellow card was well unlucky, to my mind he was punching the ball loose and caught his head. It was a massively high risk high reward move and at the time in the game and that scoreline I wouldn't complain about anyone trying it. If he had pulled it off he's a hero.

My main issue is the ref, there were a number of set restarts given against which in a similar scenario later in the game were not given for. This is a problem that has bugged me all year.