What's new

Round 26: Dolphins vs Broncos

Red

Forum staff
SOS and Averillo is a strange combo. Great to see that JMK is back and Fuller is included. Even better the health status of Plath and TPJ. The Dolphins will win this.
Averillo might also be on trial for 5/8 next year. Tupou and Herbie centres. Or even Hammer and Tupou centres, Herbie fullback.

I know Katoa's form has been down. Probably needs a break. But I disagree this is a time to take that break. Should've pushed on, IMO.

mr_c

QLD Cup
i dont think it will
Averillo might also be on trial for 5/8 next year. Tupou and Herbie centres. Or even Hammer and Tupou centres, Herbie fullback.

I know Katoa's form has been down. Probably needs a break. But I disagree this is a time to take that break. Should've pushed on, IMO.
no harm in trying diffrent combos now i dont mind it

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

WAYNE BENNETT MAKES MASS CHANGES

Wayne Bennett has made mass changes to the Dolphins in a final roll of the dice to beat the Broncos and keep the Redcliffe club’s play-offs dreams alive. Bennett will unveil a new-look Dolphins team for Saturday night’s Battle of Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King (foot) will make his long-awaited return from injury while Tevita Pangai Jr has overcome a hamstring problem and will face his former club. Halfback Isaiya Katoa has been dumped to the bench, with Bennett to field a new halves pairing in Sean O’Sullivan and regular centre Jake Averillo. That will see Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow shift from fullback to centre, allowing excitement machine Trai Fuller to return to the team at the back.

The winner of the Brisbane derby will remain in the hunt for the top eight while the loser’s season will be over.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

WAYNE BENNETT MAKES MASS CHANGES

Wayne Bennett has made mass changes to the Dolphins in a final roll of the dice to beat the Broncos and keep the Redcliffe club’s play-offs dreams alive. Bennett will unveil a new-look Dolphins team for Saturday night’s Battle of Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King (foot) will make his long-awaited return from injury while Tevita Pangai Jr has overcome a hamstring problem and will face his former club. Halfback Isaiya Katoa has been dumped to the bench, with Bennett to field a new halves pairing in Sean O’Sullivan and regular centre Jake Averillo. That will see Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow shift from fullback to centre, allowing excitement machine Trai Fuller to return to the team at the back.

The winner of the Brisbane derby will remain in the hunt for the top eight while the loser’s season will be over.
I love this wording. As a young player, playing a full season is difficult, and you suffer performance wise. They need breaks.

We haven't had the luxury of giving him a break, I am sure this is that. And it's not a slight on his ability at all,

Equaliser

I love this wording. As a young player, playing a full season is difficult, and you suffer performance wise. They need breaks.

We haven't had the luxury of giving him a break, I am sure this is that. And it's not a slight on his ability at all,
I'm sure that's right. Just bad timing but it can't be helped. He will probably come on after about 20min anyway.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I'm sure that's right. Just bad timing but it can't be helped. He will probably come on after about 20min anyway.
Yeah, I think it is. You guys know I am a fan; however, you can see his performances are of a tired nature, and little mistakes are creeping in. Thats because its a long season for a young body. He is tired asf, and its takes getting used too. The year after next we will see the benefit of what he has done this year.

Chris

QLD Cup
I can't agree about SOS replacing Katoa but I understand Katoa needs a bit of a rest. Been a long season for a 20 year-old playmaker. But I still think it would have been better to push on regardless. Other than that, Averillo is a very interesting choice for 5/8. I like it.

Dophins by 8
MoM: Averillo
First try: Averillo

Reactions: Red

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 10
FTS- Hammer
MOTM- Herbie

Both teams are a rabble as they are decimated by injuries and both have sunk down the standings after having a very good first 10-11 games. But it's a cross town rivalry with the winner staying alive for another week. If the Dolphins hang onto the ball, they should be alright. All the pressure is on the Broncos and that pressure will tell if the Dolphins skip out to an early lead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Game before this, Parramatta vs Dragons is also very important for us and the Broncos.
  • Dolphins by 14
  • MoM = Fuller
  • First try = Herbie

Dolph

QLD Cup
Dragons are going down so no excuses. It's up to this team. Now or never.
Dolohins by 2
MoM = Fuller
First try = Isaako.

Red

Forum staff
Excellent start. Not just because we are ahead but the way we are playing.

Equaliser

can wayne please send someone out to tell them they don't need to score off every play?

Red

Forum staff
Dolphins by 10
FTS- Hammer
MOTM- Herbie

Both teams are a rabble as they are decimated by injuries and both have sunk down the standings after having a very good first 10-11 games. But it's a cross town rivalry with the winner staying alive for another week. If the Dolphins hang onto the ball, they should be alright. All the pressure is on the Broncos and that pressure will tell if the Dolphins skip out to an early lead.
Herbie! MOTM for your life!