What's new

Round 26: Dolphins vs Broncos

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Is this the biggest game in our short history? If St George lose the game before this game on Saturday, it will be the biggest without doubt. Both teams missing key players but hopefully JMK will be back for us but Niko will be out. I don't know what Milf is doing these days but I'd prefer him over SOS. Averillo 5/8, Hammer centre and Fuller fullback is another possibility.

Dolph

QLD Cup
In a big blow for Wayne Bennett, both Kodi Nikorima and Jesse Bromwich suffered category one HIAs in his side’s big loss to the Dolphins. Sean O’Sullivan is a natural replacement for Nikorima in the halves, while Tevita Pangai Junior may be back on deck after missing last week’s loss with a minor hamstring injury to replace Bromwich. If he isn’t, one of Mark Nicholls or Josh Kerr will take Bromwich’s place in the front row. However, in a big boost for the Dolphins’ crucial derby with the Broncos, star hooker Jeremy Marshall-King is expected to return from a foot injury this week, pushing Max Plath back to his preferred lock roll and seeing Kenny Bromwich drop back to the bench.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Looks like Bellamy isn't going to rest the big guns for the Brisbane game. Doesn't really matter. We just have to win our remaining 2 games.

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Sean O’Sullivan
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Kenny Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Ray Stone
  14. Mason Teague
  15. Oryn Keeley
  16. Tesi Niu
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

Equaliser

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Sean O’Sullivan
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Kenny Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Ray Stone
  14. Mason Teague
  15. Oryn Keeley
  16. Tesi Niu
  17. Kurt Donoghoe
I would really, really, prefer Milf @6. What happened to him? I know he hasn't played really well in a long time but if he isn't a better 5/8 than SOS, I'm Wally Lewis.

Blaaayzze

Pod Calf
Milf apparently did really well in cup level last game surprised to see that SOS was still picked over him. I know team list is not at all finalised but seeing Tesi niu on the bench annoys me

Josh

QLD Cup
Milf apparently did really well in cup level last game surprised to see that SOS was still picked over him. I know team list is not at all finalised but seeing Tesi niu on the bench annoys me
JoIn the club. I think he might have fallen out with Wayne or Wolff.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
JoIn the club. I think he might have fallen out with Wayne or Wolff.
Donoghoe would have been my pick after Milf. Followed by Averillo and a backline reshuffle or straight swap Averillo with Fuller.

Equaliser

Donoghoe would have been my pick after Milf. Followed by Averillo and a backline reshuffle or straight swap Averillo with Fuller.
You mean, move Averillo to 5/8 and Fuller to centre? A straight swap would = Fuller centre and Averillo extended reserves.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
You mean, move Averillo to 5/8 and Fuller to centre? A straight swap would = Fuller centre and Averillo extended reserves.
I meant playing in the centres and Averillo at fullback rather than Averillo to 5/8, Hammer to centres and Fuller to fullback.

Fuller has a top 30 contract for next year. If Hammer is locked in at fullback, I'd like to see what fuller can do in other positions. Like hooker, 5/8 and centre. With an eye to him being an interchange utility or in the starting side in the event of an injury toll like now.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Haas set to make a comeback for the Broncos this Saturday. Just our luck. That loss when we were all over Newcastle but couldn't get the job done might really come back to haunt us.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Haas set to make a comeback for the Broncos this Saturday. Just our luck. That loss when we were all over Newcastle but couldn't get the job done might really come back to haunt us.
The loss against a depleted Warriors side will sting more.

Jetty

QLD Cup
The loss against a depleted Warriors side will sting more.
True but difference is we had about 15 line breaks against Newcastle for only 2 or 3 tries.

That's probably an exaggeration but we had a lot more than them but still lost.

Josh

QLD Cup
Haas still not confirmed for them. Even in the likely event he plays, he'll be underdone and has been nowhere near as good this year anyway.
  • Dolphins by 10
  • First Try: Isaako
  • MoM: Herbie

Equaliser

SOS and Averillo is a strange combo. Great to see that JMK is back and Fuller is included. Even better the health status of Plath and TPJ. The Dolphins will win this.
I would have been all for this if Katoa was halfback and SOS was benched.