What's new

Round 25: Melbourne Storm vs Dolphins

Chris

QLD Cup
Dolphins haven't thrown much at them. I guess Niko was a bigger loss than many, including myself, anticipated.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Dolphins haven't thrown much at them. I guess Niko was a bigger loss than many, including myself, anticipated.
Sadly been saying for weeks we don't appear to ever throw much at anyone. No pressure being built and seeming to rely on the back line to open up long range tries. Storm are far too good for that.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Keeley raised his hands like we had just won the premiership after the Averillo try🤣

Red

Forum staff
Sadly been saying for weeks we don't appear to ever throw much at anyone. No pressure being built and seeming to rely on the back line to open up long range tries. Storm are far too good for that.
Had some moments in the first half of the season.

midlands hobo

Had some moments in the first half of the season.
agreed. I'm going to put this out there. The forwards saw the back line let rip and thought they can score from anywhere and all became bone idle.

I'll put notable exceptions for Plath (absolute animal) and stone (not great ball in hand but top notch defence)

midlands hobo

Bloodbath, shoddy defence especially in Bostocks channel. (Although the way the centres play laterally and cover it looks like a deliberately coached scheme.)

If we do the usual let them collect on the 20 and kick in our 40, then we spend 3 tackles to get to the 20 and kick from in our own half its going to be a massacre and i could easily see the Storm going 40 clear.
The crystal ball is firing on all cylinders

Blockade

QLD Cup
No KNik or Jesse next week but TPJ and JMK return. Hopefully the battle for 9th (or 8th) is an epic contest. Both teams are mediocre (mostly injury related) and you can flip a coin for this one. The Broncos will go in as strong favourites with the punters.

Blaaayzze

Pod Calf
I love this team but the past few weeks have been terrible… Boys looked like they had given up after the 2nd Melbourne try. I know they’re number 1 but still feel disappointed with this loss. Won’t even bother with a top 3, Plath as mentioned in previous posts the only stand out player, always puts in the effort - i don’t think he is an 80 min hooker but he does his job and is always impressive-. Bostock and stone honourable mentions for the effort they put in despite the errors (oh did I just accidentally mention a top 3) .. I love katoa but his game has been on the decline the past couple of weeks, or maybe I just expect too much from him, he is a very young halfback after all... hammer vs fuller thing has been debated too much on this forum to even mention. Big momentum swing with SOS being put in the game in favour of the storm. Glad he was on for the field goal couple weeks ago but other than that he hasn’t really contributed a lot .. Despite his errors in past games , TPJ really can swing momentum with his runs and offloads when he is on and we really missed that tonight. I know it will never happen but would love to see farnworth at fullback (I believe he’s the best fullback playing centre in the game atm) and move hammer to centre if coaches don’t want to have fuller on. Farnworth does a lot with the little space he’s given, imagine him with all the space at FB. Wishful thinking… btw I’m drunk posting so don’t go full nrl coach mode on me and judge my opinions.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I love this team but the past few weeks have been terrible… Boys looked like they had given up after the 2nd Melbourne try. I know they’re number 1 but still feel disappointed with this loss. Won’t even bother with a top 3, Plath as mentioned in previous posts the only stand out player, always puts in the effort - i don’t think he is an 80 min hooker but he does his job and is always impressive-. Bostock and stone honourable mentions for the effort they put in despite the errors (oh did I just accidentally mention a top 3) .. I love katoa but his game has been on the decline the past couple of weeks, or maybe I just expect too much from him, he is a very young halfback after all... hammer vs fuller thing has been debated too much on this forum to even mention. Big momentum swing with SOS being put in the game in favour of the storm. Glad he was on for the field goal couple weeks ago but other than that he hasn’t really contributed a lot .. Despite his errors in past games , TPJ really can swing momentum with his runs and offloads when he is on and we really missed that tonight. I know it will never happen but would love to see farnworth at fullback (I believe he’s the best fullback playing centre in the game atm) and move hammer to centre if coaches don’t want to have fuller on. Farnworth does a lot with the little space he’s given, imagine him with all the space at FB. Wishful thinking… btw I’m drunk posting so don’t go full nrl coach mode on me and judge my opinions.
Agree completely about Katoa. Early in the season to around the middle, he looked like a out and out superstar in the making. Well and truly gone off the boil in the last several weeks. He's only 20 in his first season of regular NRL. Perhaps this was to be expected.

Also agree completely regarding SOS. Tries his heart out but he's just not that talented. Shouldn't have seen NRL this year.

midlands hobo

Agree completely about Katoa. Early in the season to around the middle, he looked like a out and out superstar in the making. Well and truly gone off the boil in the last several weeks. He's only 20 in his first season of regular NRL. Perhaps this was to be expected.
I wouldn't knock Katoa too much its not all his fault the first half of the season he had a pack going forwards and time to think. The second half he's been under pressure behind a pack which is doing sweet FA. Even Cleary would look shit constantly kicking from his own half all game.