What's new

Round 25: Melbourne Storm vs Dolphins

Red

Forum staff
It doesn't get any easier. I wonder if Bellamy would do Wayne a solid and rest several players now they've got the minor premiership pretty much locked up.

Even though they've had a bad year, no doubt Broncos have a lot of ability. Specially in the backs. Carrigan and Haas are their only good forwards. Anyway, Bellamy won't want the Broncos in the finals so he might be tempted to rest players now but field a full strength team for the Broncos I think in the last round.

Chris

QLD Cup
Jeremy Marshall-King is tracking for a return from a foot injury and will slot back into the No.9 jersey if he’s fit, with Max Plath shifting to lock. Mark Nicholls is also due to return on the bench after sitting out with a head knock, which will see either Oryn Keeley or Lachlan Hubner drop off the bench.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Jeremy Marshall-King is tracking for a return from a foot injury and will slot back into the No.9 jersey if he’s fit, with Max Plath shifting to lock. Mark Nicholls is also due to return on the bench after sitting out with a head knock, which will see either Oryn Keeley or Lachlan Hubner drop off the bench.
Thats awesome, JMK will obviously make a huge difference.

Josh

QLD Cup
It doesn't get any easier. I wonder if Bellamy would do Wayne a solid and rest several players now they've got the minor premiership pretty much locked up.

Even though they've had a bad year, no doubt Broncos have a lot of ability. Specially in the backs. Carrigan and Haas are their only good forwards. Anyway, Bellamy won't want the Broncos in the finals so he might be tempted to rest players now but field a full strength team for the Broncos I think in the last round.
Bellamy won't do Wayne a solid. Not the remotest chance. The opposite is a distinct possibility.

He might rest some big guns like Grant in the last round or two. Munster has been out too long and is probably lacking match fitness and Hughes is tracking for Dally M player of the year. Bellamy won't rest him and risk costing him the points.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Bellamy won't do Wayne a solid. Not the remotest chance. The opposite is a distinct possibility.

He might rest some big guns like Grant in the last round or two. Munster has been out too long and is probably lacking match fitness and Hughes is tracking for Dally M player of the year. Bellamy won't rest him and risk costing him the points.
Might not be this weekend, but I think Bellamy does his players a solid though.

Penrith and Melbourne can win the comp without 1 or 2 of theirs stars not 100 percent. That’s how far ahead they are. Both those coaches know that resting 1 or 2 won’t cost them points. So I see them resting some rotationally at some stage.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Might not be this weekend, but I think Bellamy does his players a solid though.

Penrith and Melbourne can win the comp without 1 or 2 of theirs stars not 100 percent. That’s how far ahead they are. Both those coaches know that resting 1 or 2 won’t cost them points. So I see them resting some rotationally at some stage.
Won't be until the last round. Possibly second last as well.

Chris

QLD Cup
Storm: Xavier Coates is a chance to return from a hamstring injury within the next fortnight, which would push Grant Anderson out of the team or to centre in place of Jack Howarth.

Christian Welch will continue his push to return from a back injury that’s kept him out since round 18.

Dolphins: Jeremy Marshall-King is nearing a return at hooker which when cleared would push Max Plath to lock.

Mark Nicholls returns from a head knock on the bench.

It'll be just our luck if Coates and Welch are both fit for them but JMK needs another week on the sidelines for us.

Chris

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich
  14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan
  18. Mason Teague
Still going with SOS on the bench. Don't like it. Fuller is an X factor who we might desperately need against Melbourne.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich
  14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan
  18. Mason Teague
Still going with SOS on the bench. Don't like it. Fuller is an X factor who we might desperately need against Melbourne.
I don't like it either. However, I am not sure Max Plath is a 90min hooker, and I don't think we have the forward depth for Max not to play minutes there. Fuller, doesn't have the defense to play hooker as an interchange. And SoS doesn't have the defense either, but I think he nudges Fuller there.

Trust me I agree with you, and this isnt me disagreeing. I just don't know what the alternative is.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I don't like it either. However, I am not sure Max Plath is a 90min hooker, and I don't think we have the forward depth for Max not to play minutes there. Fuller, doesn't have the defense to play hooker as an interchange. And SoS doesn't have the defense either, but I think he nudges Fuller there.

Trust me I agree with you, and this isnt me disagreeing. I just don't know what the alternative is.
I think Fullers defence is better that SOSs.

Red

Forum staff
Tyran Wishart on the wing for Melbourne. They are beatable. Without Munster for half the season, this one of Bellamy's best years yet.

Chris

QLD Cup
I think Fullers defence is better that SOSs.
SOS is a good field goal kicker. If we had them in golden point, I'd prefer SOS. I think we might need Fuller to get close to golden point.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Dolphins by 4
First try: Bostock
MoM: Kodi

Maybe wishful thinking. Storm not resting any of their big guns.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 6
FTS- Issako
MOTM- Nikorima

An almost impossible task when you have little form behind you. Definitely make or break tonight.

Josh

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 2
first try: Kaufusi
MoM: Plath

Going to be a hard day for Katoa. Bellamy is an expert in singling out young halves.

Chris

QLD Cup
Even in the likely event of a loss today, it's not the end of the road for this year. Our for and against is much better than the Dragons so if we can make up that one win on them, we will be in the 8. If we lose and they beat the Sharks tomorrow, it might be too difficult. Have to beat Broncos and Newcstle and hope they lose to Parramatta and Canberra.