What's new

Round 24: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs. Dolphins

Josh

QLD Cup
It's going to be pretty tough now. I'm not overly disappointed as yesterday's performance certainly indicated that they aren't a playoff calibre team just yet. The loss of Flegler and later JMK were killer blows. A full season from Flegs and this team would be firmly entrenched in the top 8. He only played four games but the pack looked so imposing with his presence. Onto next year.
True

Chris

QLD Cup
It's going to be pretty tough now. I'm not overly disappointed as yesterday's performance certainly indicated that they aren't a playoff calibre team just yet. The loss of Flegler and later JMK were killer blows. A full season from Flegs and this team would be firmly entrenched in the top 8. He only played four games but the pack looked so imposing with his presence. Onto next year.
Aitken was a big loss as well. He was just so consistent. I haven't looked at the stats but I'd guess since the first game he has been out, the defence has gotten much worse.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
After a day to think about it, I think you're right. I think my hopes were high too early, and I need to realize this is our second year. Missing those two for such a young club is a massive deal. On to next year. However, I will always believe, so I still have my fingers crossed.

Josh

QLD Cup
After a day to think about it, I think you're right. I think my hopes were high too early, and I need to realize this is our second year. Missing those two for such a young club is a massive deal. On to next year. However, I will always believe, so I still have my fingers crossed.
Not over yet but yeah, writing is on the wall for this year.

moedolph

Pod Calf
They have won something like 9 out of the last 11. They turned good overnight playing teams at the back end of the table.

We were in the top 4 playing the same teams, and have come to the back end of the season with a hard draw and are finding it tough, with injuries to a couple of our dominant players.

Just an opinion, and I generally am a poor judge and get it wrong lots, I think their pack is too small to be the top 2 and no dominant enough, and you saw Curran get smashed a couple of times by an aging forward, and come off third best. Against beast packs like Penrith they are going to struggle. You also saw TPJ throw the grub to the ground, and their whole pack come over, and still didn't want to dominate him in a scuffle, it was like 5 on 1, their pack won't scare a maggot on a chop. And their halves aren't of the class to match the top two. If injuries come into play they have a shot, I think they are out of the running compared to the top 2.

We are out of sorts, and as a fan I always believe we can win, however, missing players that we are as a new club, yesterday was a tough ask. However, we beat ourselves with mistakes and handling errors, and players in key positions that aren't up to the task (SoS a great example). If the Bulldogs use yesterday as a yard stick for the season, they are short sighted, and I think Ciraldo is a better coach then that, I'd be saying to my team after that game, we need to go to the next level if we want to win this, the top teams wont lets us in like the Dolphins did, don't take joy from it, use it as a spring board to go to another level.

If they don't find another level, especially in the forwards, they finish 4thish, and they wont have teams like us, throwing it out blind over the side line, offloading to the bulldogs gifting them field position. Getting tackled into touch early in the set, kicking it out off the kickoff. Having a 7 play 9 spinning in circles making himself dizzy, as well as having no idea then deciding to kick it without anybody knowing, gifting the opposition 7 tackles. And that's just off the top of my head.

We lost the game because we were very poor. Tigers poor. Bulldogs were good, but not as good as you're making out.

Just my opinion.

They've beat a full strength Broncos pack at suncorp with everything to play for, beaten the Sharks who have a monster pack, beaten the Roosters and came close to beating Storm and lost by 6 points to the Panthers. They are the real deal, their smaller forward packs hunt in numbers and are amongst the fittest in the comp, they're obviously not going to beat you through the middle or try to bash other packs but will out compete teams in other areas. A very well coached side, a lot of teams will be nervous about playing them

Jetty

QLD Cup
They've beat a full strength Broncos pack at suncorp with everything to play for, beaten the Sharks who have a monster pack, beaten the Roosters and came close to beating Storm and lost by 6 points to the Panthers. They are the real deal, their smaller forward packs hunt in numbers and are amongst the fittest in the comp, they're obviously not going to beat you through the middle or try to bash other packs but will out compete teams in other areas. A very well coached side, a lot of teams will be nervous about playing them
Full strength Broncos pack isn't very formidable.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I said the top 2. And you have just said they lost to both of them. So are you agreeing with me?

Bulldogs are probably well coached. I’d suggest the top 2 with Bellamy and Cleary arent too different.

I don’t disagree with you. You make good points. I just think they are probably 4th at the moment. Which is kind of where they are.

The gap to the top 2, may seem small. But I think it’s larger then people realise

Josh

QLD Cup
Did they play Storm and Panthers during the Origin period? Panthers have been without Cleary and Storm without Munster for most of the season. Anyway, I don't rate the Dogs. That was another game there for the taking. Now we have all forgotten about that field goal, surely Fuller comes onto the bench for SOS. Even if he has to come on at hooker.

moedolph

Pod Calf
Did they play Storm and Panthers during the Origin period? Panthers have been without Cleary and Storm without Munster for most of the season. Anyway, I don't rate the Dogs. That was another game there for the taking. Now we have all forgotten about that field goal, surely Fuller comes onto the bench for SOS. Even if he has to come on at hooker.

They played full strength Storm and Pathers teams

Josh

QLD Cup
They played full strength Storm and Pathers teams
Penrith were winning 12-0 when Cleary did his hamstring. Lost halfback and best player in the first half and still won. Not sure what happened in the Storm game but anyway, I don't rate them anywhere near Roosters, Storm, Panthers. I think Manly might be the 4th best.

moedolph

Pod Calf
Penrith were winning 12-0 when Cleary did his hamstring. Lost halfback and best player in the first half and still won. Not sure what happened in the Storm game but anyway, I don't rate them anywhere near Roosters, Storm, Panthers. I think Manly might be the 4th best.

They had Hutchinson at halfback during that time. Since then they've brought in Toby Sexton and gone up another gear.

You seriously rate Manly over the team with best defense in the comp?

I know we lost against them but I gotta give credit to them they're good.

Josh

QLD Cup
They had Hutchinson at halfback during that time. Since then they've brought in Toby Sexton and gone up another gear.

Ok. Lets wait 6 weeks and see who is right. Bookmark the page.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

Bro, I would go back to the Bulldogs forum.

I know you're proud of your club, so I would suggest you go be proud on their forums with them.

We are a new club with a long way to go, for me, this result isnt a worry. We are just building to a bright future, and we can't expect it to happen after 2 years.

However, it's my honest opinion that if you want to class yourself in the race, you need to justify how you can beat either Melbourne or Penrith, as only 2 can make the final, and I figure you're going to have to beat one of those two on the way there.

Its great you have called yourself moedolphin and joined to troll these guys, with your awesome post count of 7. But you guys are a long way off the top 2. I wish you guys like, and if you beat them, you will have deserved it, and therefore deserve to win it. I mean after buying half the Penrith side, your probably headed in the right direction, there is no better way to buy a comp, then to buy players that have won it the year before. My only worry with that approach is that 31 point dilemma that bulldogs fans know all too well.

Josh

QLD Cup
Bro, I would go back to the Bulldogs forum.

I know you're proud of your club, so I would suggest you go be proud on their forums with them.

We are a new club with a long way to go, for me, this result isnt a worry. We are just building to a bright future, and we can't expect it to happen after 2 years.

However, it's my honest opinion that if you want to class yourself in the race, you need to justify how you can beat either Melbourne or Penrith, as only 2 can make the final, and I figure you're going to have to beat one of those two on the way there.

Its great you have called yourself moedolphin and joined to troll these guys, with your awesome post count of 7. But you guys are a long way off the top 2. I wish you guys like, and if you beat them, you will have deserved it, and therefore deserve to win it. I mean after buying half the Penrith side, your probably headed in the right direction, there is no better way to buy a comp, then to buy players that have won it the year before. My only worry with that approach is that 31 point dilemma that bulldogs fans know all too well.
I don't think they are headed in the right direction. All those Panthers players went to the Bulldogs because they were offering the most money. Ditto JAC who is apparently on fullback money. Salary cap issues are just around the corner for the Bulldogs.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I don't think they are headed in the right direction. All those Panthers players went to the Bulldogs because they were offering the most money. Ditto JAC who is apparently on fullback money. Salary cap issues are just around the corner for the Bulldogs.
Neither do I, I was being sarcastic. The bulldogs were busted as cap cheats a few years back, and deducted 31 points. Headed in the right direction, and 31 point dilemma, is a pointer to them being a club that has cheated, and tried to buy premierships by cheating.. Not something I would be proud of.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
First game they play against top half team. They lose. And Turbo was injured.

I mean seriously. Hype based on beating lower teams.

Small pack, lack of the right attitude. And for mine, non elite halves.

Josh

QLD Cup

So I think if Dolphins win today, we play Dogs in round 1. I hope that turns out. I expect todays game to be much harder. Bulldogs have overachieved this year. Good for them but it's over now.