What's new

Round 24: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs. Dolphins

Dolph

QLD Cup
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Keeley didn't get on the field.

Edit. Keeley came on with 6 minutes left.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I'm not going to blame SOS for that useless grubber with 90 sec left but I think we can get back to hating his continued selection.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Total domination. A year ago, they would have conceded 50. That's the only positive I can think of atm.

Chris

QLD Cup
Very disappointing. I thought for long periods, we were the better team. Just crucial but simple mistakes and the inability to defend them. Then in the last 10 min they ran away with it.
3. Plath
2. Herbie
1. Stone

Jesse B and Kaufusi also good.

Chris

QLD Cup
Total domination. A year ago, they would have conceded 50. That's the only positive I can think of atm.
Against a really good team like Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, I think we would have conceded 50 easily.

moedolph

Pod Calf
Dogs were just too good. They dominated right from kick off. Anyone thinking it was competitive has no idea. Dogs could all the way. They're playing better than the rest of the top four.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Dogs were just too good. They dominated right from kick off. Anyone thinking it was competitive has no idea. Dogs could all the way. They're playing better than the rest of the top four.
Did we watch the same game? I thought our mistakes were keeping them in it. At least in the first half. In the second it was pretty even until they ran away with it in the last 15~20 min.

Though dominating for 20min is 1/4 of the game so perhaps you are right. I still don't rate them. Cannon fodder for Storm, Panthers and Roosters.

Last edited:

Josh

QLD Cup
It's been another very disappointing second half of the year. Even though we are most certainly a chance and might still be in the 8 at the end of those round, I don't think we'll make it. But what other team could do without 1 Origin player for the entire season and one for almost all the season? I think none.
3. Plath
2. Kafusi
1. Herbie

moedolph

Pod Calf
Did we watch the same game? I thought our mistakes were keeping them in it. At least in the first half. In the second it was pretty even until they ran away with it in the last 15~20 min.

Though dominating for 20min is 1/4 of the game so perhaps you are right. I still don't rate them. Cannon fodder for Storm, Panthers and Roosters.

Nah they will trouble those teams. Their defense has been the best in the league all season, can't expect them to just turn to shit overnight.

Josh

QLD Cup
Nah they will trouble those teams. Their defense has been the best in the league all season, can't expect them to just turn to shit overnight.
Doubt it. Very much doubt it. We won't either but let's blow smoke up their you know where just because they beat an injury ravaged Dolphins.

moedolph

Pod Calf
Doubt it. Very much doubt it. We won't either but let's blow smoke up their you know where just because they beat an injury ravaged Dolphins.

No, if you've watched their games, they've been consistent all season. They're the form team of the comp.

Josh

QLD Cup
No, if you've watched their games, they've been consistent all season. They're the form team of the comp.
Ok. Well lets wait and see. I predict them to be cannon fodder in the finals. If they make the top 4, due to the top 3 teams being so much better than the rest, they'll go out in week 2. If they are 5~8, they'll be out in the first week.

Lets revisit this in 6 weeks from now. Bookmark the page.

mr_c

QLD Cup
sully and stone need mentions like play between 50-60 mins on park n still top 3 tacklers i dont think lachlan n oryn make that great impact yet connie looks like hes still injured was at the game and didnt even look to be stretching out good when was running

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
They have won something like 9 out of the last 11. They turned good overnight playing teams at the back end of the table.

We were in the top 4 playing the same teams, and have come to the back end of the season with a hard draw and are finding it tough, with injuries to a couple of our dominant players.

Just an opinion, and I generally am a poor judge and get it wrong lots, I think their pack is too small to be the top 2 and no dominant enough, and you saw Curran get smashed a couple of times by an aging forward, and come off third best. Against beast packs like Penrith they are going to struggle. You also saw TPJ throw the grub to the ground, and their whole pack come over, and still didn't want to dominate him in a scuffle, it was like 5 on 1, their pack won't scare a maggot on a chop. And their halves aren't of the class to match the top two. If injuries come into play they have a shot, I think they are out of the running compared to the top 2.

We are out of sorts, and as a fan I always believe we can win, however, missing players that we are as a new club, yesterday was a tough ask. However, we beat ourselves with mistakes and handling errors, and players in key positions that aren't up to the task (SoS a great example). If the Bulldogs use yesterday as a yard stick for the season, they are short sighted, and I think Ciraldo is a better coach then that, I'd be saying to my team after that game, we need to go to the next level if we want to win this, the top teams wont lets us in like the Dolphins did, don't take joy from it, use it as a spring board to go to another level.

If they don't find another level, especially in the forwards, they finish 4thish, and they wont have teams like us, throwing it out blind over the side line, offloading to the bulldogs gifting them field position. Getting tackled into touch early in the set, kicking it out off the kickoff. Having a 7 play 9 spinning in circles making himself dizzy, as well as having no idea then deciding to kick it without anybody knowing, gifting the opposition 7 tackles. And that's just off the top of my head.

We lost the game because we were very poor. Tigers poor. Bulldogs were good, but not as good as you're making out.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
They have won something like 9 out of the last 11. They turned good overnight playing teams at the back end of the table.

We were in the top 4 playing the same teams, and have come to the back end of the season with a hard draw and are finding it tough, couple with injuries to a couple of our dominant players.

Just and opinion, and I generally am a poor judge and get it wrong lots, I think their pack is too small to be the top 2 and no dominant enough, and you saw Curran get smashed a couple of times by an aging forward, and come off third best. Against beast packs like Penrith they are going to struggle. You also saw TPJ throw the grub to the ground, and their whole pack come over, and still didn't want to dominate him in a scuffle, it was like 5 on 1, their pack won't scare a maggot on a chop. And their halves aren't of the class to match the top two. If injuries come into play they have a shot, I think they are out of the running compared to the top 2.

We are out of sorts, and as a fan I always believe we can win, however, missing players that we are as a new club, yesterday was a tough ask. However, we beat ourselves with mistakes and handling errors, and players in key positions that aren't up to the task (SoS a great example). If the Bulldogs use yesterday as a yard stick for the season, they are short sighted, and I think Ciraldo is a better coach then that, I'd be saying to my team after that game, we need to go to the next level if we want to win this, the top teams wont lets us in like the Dolphins did, don't take joy from it, use it as a spring board to go to another level.

If they don't find another level, especially in the forwards, they finish 4thish, and they wont have teams like us, throwing it out blind over the side line, offloading to the bulldogs gifting them field position. Getting tackled into touch early in the set, kicking it out off the kickoff. Having a 7 play 9 spinning in circles making himself dizzy, as well as having no idea then deciding to kick it without anybody knowing, gifting the opposition 7 tackles. And that's just off the top of my head.

We lost the game because we were very poor. Tigers poor. Bulldogs were good, but not as good as you're making out.

Just my opinion.
A good part of their "winning streak" was during the Origin period where they only had one player involved. And I read somewhere here, the hype about them only started when they beat a disinterested Broncos. We clocked off in the last 15min but I thought we were with them all the way until then. A very uncharacteristic game from Kodi, a typical game from SOS and some bizarre mistakes from others kept them in it.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Bulldogs play the Warriors next week in NZ. The warriors have a few monsters. Now, the Bulldogs should be winning that game, and the Warriors have nothing to play for.

I reckon it will be a test for theirs forwards and a good game to spring board for them, anyone who thinks they are in it, should watch the game. Don't watch the score, watch the pack v pack match up.

Just my opinion, once again, it is the forwards that win the big games at the point end of the season. Without them, Porsche's in the back line are made to look like KIA Sorrento's

Josh

QLD Cup
Titans not doing us any favours. Dragons giving them a touch up.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Titans not doing us any favours. Dragons giving them a touch up.
It's going to be pretty tough now. I'm not overly disappointed as yesterday's performance certainly indicated that they aren't a playoff calibre team just yet. The loss of Flegler and later JMK were killer blows. A full season from Flegs and this team would be firmly entrenched in the top 8. He only played four games but the pack looked so imposing with his presence. Onto next year.