What's new

Round 23: Dolphins vs New Zealand

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Finally one of these Golden Point games went our way.
3. Herbie
2. Plath
1........ that's hard, I'll go with Kodi

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
They have Jesse Marschke. And that’s about it.

However, I agree, he isn’t any good
I remember your old friend was talking about Jesse Marschke a month or two ago. Something like we were looking to recruit him. Anyway, let's hope Gold Coast does us a favour by putting Dragons out of business next round.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
I remember your old friend was talking about Jesse Marschke a month or two ago. Something like we were looking to recruit him. Anyway, let's hope Gold Coast does us a favour by putting Dragons out of business next round.
He is the forums friend.

There is a reason the dragons have stopped playing Marschke.

Despite Flanno being trash. He is the best they have.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Good point. Worst of the teams still in the running for the top 8.
Are you sure about that? Canberra, StG and the Cowboys have worse defensive records. The Broncos (only marginally) and Newc are better. Newc have scored 150 less points than the Dolphins.

Only the Cowboys (amongst the group still chasing a playoff spot) have a better offensive record. The Dolphins have easily the best +/- of the group.

Chris

QLD Cup
Are you sure about that? Canberra, StG and the Cowboys have worse defensive records. The Broncos (only marginally) and Newc are better. Newc have scored 150 less points than the Dolphins.

Only the Cowboys (amongst the group still chasing a playoff spot) have a better offensive record. The Dolphins have easily the best +/- of the group.
Not sure but:
  1. I know Newcastle and Canberra are a chance but I'm banking on a two way shootout between us and the Dragons.
  2. Our for and against is quite good but over the last several weeks the defence has been atrocious. Roosters gave us a couple of consolation tries.

Blaaayzze

Pod Calf
Happy for the win but so disappointed with our second half performance yet again. Katoa looks like he’s been working on his defence but kicking game was a bit off tonight. Plath and Herbie very consistent as always, Plath starting to look really good at hooker.
3. Nikorima - made a few errors but some great try assists, really crucial to have him healthy and injury free for the rest of the season
2. Plath - as I said, really fitting in to his hooker role, solid defensively and on attack
1. Herbie - just devastating with ball in hand, broke more than a couple of tackles and had so many solid runs

honourable mentions - kaufusi, Bostock, averillo, SOS for winning the game

Unpopular opinion - Hammer isn’t as great as commentators and fans make him out to be. Don’t get me wrong he’s an excellent finisher, one of the best, and is a beast when he is switched on, but hasn’t really created much in terms of attack and has been quite underwhelming in recent games, also has been out of position when a few tries were scored against us. Trai always looks like he’s trying to create something with ball in hand when he’s on field. Just my opinion, hope the boys fix these second half issues for the next few important games.

Chris

QLD Cup
Happy for the win but so disappointed with our second half performance yet again. Katoa looks like he’s been working on his defence but kicking game was a bit off tonight. Plath and Herbie very consistent as always, Plath starting to look really good at hooker.
3. Nikorima - made a few errors but some great try assists, really crucial to have him healthy and injury free for the rest of the season
2. Plath - as I said, really fitting in to his hooker role, solid defensively and on attack
1. Herbie - just devastating with ball in hand, broke more than a couple of tackles and had so many solid runs

Unpopular opinion - Hammer isn’t as great as commentators and fans make him out to be. Don’t get me wrong he’s an excellent finisher, one of the best, and is a beast when he is switched on, but hasn’t really created much in terms of attack and has been quite underwhelming in recent games, also has been out of position when a few tries were scored against us. Trai always looks like he’s trying to create something with ball in hand when he’s on field. Just my opinion, hope the boys fix these second half issues for the next few important games.

💯
This Hammer vs Fuller thing has been going on for a while. Hammers running game is great. No doubt at all but other areas of his game seem to be lacking. Like he'd be a much better centre than fullback.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Been thinking that for a while but as you said about unpopular. He's ok, not bad at fullback. But the best fullbacks create and do it themselves. Hammer does it himself but doesn't create. There was a rumour a few weeks ago he was on the outer. Interestingly, neither Hammer or club denied it.