What's new

Round 23: Dolphins vs New Zealand

Dolph

QLD Cup
Team Tips:
Five-eighth Kodi Nikorima will return after he was a late scratching against the Roosters due to illness. Sean O’Sullivan will make way in the halves. Forward Tevita Pangai-Junior also pulled out late with a hamstring injury — although had to fulfil 18th man duties given not enough players travelled to Perth. Coach Wayne Bennett gave little away in his press conference so the severity of the injury is unknown. Winger Jamayne Isaako picked up an ankle injury in the second half against the Roosters and could be sidelined with interchange player Tesi Niu expected to take his place should he be unavailable.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Lachlan Hubner
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Mason Teague
  22. Trai Fuller

Nice to see Keeley in the 17 but I can only guess Kodi is still injured and in a lot of doubt for SOS to be in the 17. Fuller would offer so much more.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Lachlan Hubner
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Mason Teague
  22. Trai Fuller

Nice to see Keeley in the 17 but I can only guess Kodi is still injured and in a lot of doubt for SOS to be in the 17. Fuller would offer so much more.
Has to be. Personally I'd go with Milf at 5/8 if Niko is still out.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Lachlan Hubner
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Mason Teague
  22. Trai Fuller

Dolphins by 10
First try: Boctock
MoM: Kodi. Kafusi if Kodi is out

Jetty

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Oryn Keeley
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Lachlan Hubner
  19. Tesi Niu
  20. Anthony Milford
  21. Mason Teague
  22. Trai Fuller

This is a must win. Warriors have nothing to play for but pride. A few results are going to go our way with Bulldogs vs Dragons and Manly vs Canberra. So the opportunity is there to at least keep the pressure on if not move back into the 8.
  • Dolphins by 14
  • First try: Averillo (even though we lost, I thought he did pretty well last week.)
  • MoM: Herbie

Josh

QLD Cup
This is a must win. Warriors have nothing to play for but pride. A few results are going to go our way with Bulldogs vs Dragons and Manly vs Canberra. So the opportunity is there to at least keep the pressure on if not move back into the 8.
  • Dolphins by 14
  • First try: Averillo (even though we lost, I thought he did pretty well last week.)
  • MoM: Herbie
After last weeks debacle for the Warriors and with the news of SJ retiring, I think they are going to be fired up. Trust this to happen the week in which they are going to play us. Just been that kind of second half of the season, again.

But at least unlike the Broncos we have a chance. If we were in their shadow last year, a chance to rectify it this year.
  • Dolphins by 2
  • MoM: Hammer
  • First try: Bostock

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Late Mail: It has been revealed that the Dolphins will be hoping to get back hooker Jeremy Marshall-King late in the regular season. He’ll return if the Dolphins are still in the finals hunt. Winger Jamayne Isaako and forward Tevita Pangai Junior will need to pass a final fitness test to take their place against the Warriors in what is shaping up as a must win game. Tesi Niu and Lachlan Hubner are on standby if the pair aren’t deemed fit to play.

Red

Forum staff
Niko, Isaako and TPJ looking almost certain now. So we are only missing the long-term injured. JMK is the only one who might make it back before next season so no excuses really.
  • Dolphins by 16
  • First try: Niko
  • MoM: Katoa

Josh

QLD Cup
Dragons, Titans and Raiders losses make it all on us. This is make or break for this year, IMO.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 12
FTS- Averillo
MOTM- Hammer.

Make or break today. A win will have them back in the top 8. A loss will see them treading water.

Chris

QLD Cup
Warriors have started strongly. Looks like they are up for a big game.

Chris

QLD Cup
Might end up putting a big score on here. How did the Warriors get this bad inside a year?

Red

Forum staff
A pretty typical Wayne Bennett half. No one really standing out but everyone doing their job. I'd just say Herbie and Plath were a bit better than the rest.