What's new

Round 22: Dolphins vs Sydney Roosters

Red

Forum staff
Worst thing that ever happened to RL protecting these halfbacks, its terrible to watch as its like the soccer ballerina acts.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
That loss was inevitable but from now, I think we look forward to a few wins. As was the case with last year, been a rare thing in the second half of the season.

Jetty

QLD Cup
It was a good game. A few things went against the Roosters but we still did well to go with them and even take the lead for a bit. That thing midway through the first half with Tedesco, if it happened to any team except Broncos, Roosters and Melbourne, it would have been a sin binning.

I just want to say Micheal Ennis makes listening to the commentary almost impossible! He switches between gushing over ____________ to laughing hysterically at nothing! I really can't stand it anymore but watching without commentary is hard because you miss a lot of what's going on away from the ball.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
It was a good game. A few things went against the Roosters but we still did well to go with them and even take the lead for a bit. That thing midway through the first half with Tedesco, if it happened to any team except Broncos, Roosters and Melbourne, it would have been a sin binning.

I just want to say Micheal Ennis makes listening to the commentary almost impossible! He switches between gushing over ____________ to laughing hysterically at nothing! I really can't stand it anymore but watching without commentary is hard because you miss a lot of what's going on away from the ball.
I turned the volume off, easily the worst commentator

Red

Forum staff
That loss was inevitable but from now, I think we look forward to a few wins. As was the case with last year, been a rare thing in the second half of the season.
It's been another hard second half of the season with all the injuries. We have by far the worst injury toll. 2 Origin players, JMK a Kiwi international and a really solid backrower in Aitken.

Chris

QLD Cup
It's been another hard second half of the season with all the injuries. We have by far the worst injury toll. 2 Origin players, JMK a Kiwi international and a really solid backrower in Aitken.
Cheer up. At least we aren't traveling like the Broncos.

Josh

QLD Cup
Cheer up. At least we aren't traveling like the Broncos.
Goldy might be the No.1 QLD team this year.

As for the game, we were the better team for large parts. They dominated the first and last 15min.

Broncos are going to be out to beat us and hopefully ruin our season in a month from now.

How is it a team with so much talent has lost so many games in the last 2 months? Speaking about the Broncos.

Josh

QLD Cup

Ennis is an unbearable commentator! In the last 20 min he went very quiet. No boats of hysterical laughter. I think someone told to cut it out immediately. The first half was just painful to listen to.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Walters is in a tough situation. Thier attack centers around Walsh. And teams have worked out all they need to do is push on him early, and it cuts out the play. Titans did that well.

With cap constraints I am not sure how he re-evolves that attack ahead of next year. Cobbo is the option, but he needs to be able to get him mentally right for the challenge.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Walters is in a tough situation. Thier attack centers around Walsh. And teams have worked out all they need to do is push on him early, and it cuts out the play. Titans did that well.

With cap constraints I am not sure how he re-evolves that attack ahead of next year. Cobbo is the option, but he needs to be able to get him mentally right for the challenge.
I think Cobbo is a bit overrated. He was better when he wasn't so big. But anyway, whatever is going on over at Red Hill is their problem. Dragons winning last night added to our problems. Though Warriors losing was good for us. If Melbourne, Penrith, Sydney, Cronulla, NQ and Manly are going to make it, 4 of us, Canterbury, St George, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle are going to miss out.

Red

Forum staff
I think Cobbo is a bit overrated. He was better when he wasn't so big. But anyway, whatever is going on over at Red Hill is their problem. Dragons winning last night added to our problems. Though Warriors losing was good for us. If Melbourne, Penrith, Sydney, Cronulla, NQ and Manly are going to make it, 4 of us, Canterbury, St George, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle are going to miss out.
I wish Penrith, Roosters or Melbourne weren't going to win the premiership but the writing is on the wall. We will be a serious contender next year.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Goldy might be the No.1 QLD team this year.

As for the game, we were the better team for large parts. They dominated the first and last 15min.

Broncos are going to be out to beat us and hopefully ruin our season in a month from now.

How is it a team with so much talent has lost so many games in the last 2 months? Speaking about the Broncos.
Four players from their GF squad moved on to other clubs. Herbie and Flegs were massive losses.

An amazingly light injury toll last year and had a full squad to choose from during the playoffs. They have had their share of casualties this year and none more important than the long layoff experienced by their HB and skipper.

Total lack of depth. The likes of Gosiewski, Hunt, Madden, Sailor, Baker have been extremely disappointing.

Still inexperienced in some areas. The likes of Piakura, Willison, Mariner etc are the future of the team but just don't have the miles behind them. Considering that they are replacing the likes of Herbie, Flegs and Capewell, it's not surprising that the Broncos are struggling.

Poor to average seasons from the likes of Staggs, Mam, Riki, Hetherington and Walters.

All these are factors. They are "god awful" atm and the Dolphins won't ever have a better chance in toppling their cross town rivals.

Last edited:

Chris

QLD Cup
Four players from their GF squad moved on to other clubs. Herbie and Flegs were massive losses.

An amazingly light injury toll last year and had a full squad to choose from during the playoffs. They have had their share of casualties this year and none more important than the long layoff experienced by their HB and skipper.

Total lack of depth. The likes of Gosiewski, Hunt, Madden, Sailor, Baker have been extremely disappointing.

Still inexperienced in some areas. The likes of Piakura, Willison, Mariner etc are the future of the team but just don't have the miles behind them. Considering that they are replacing the likes of Herbie, Flegs and Capewell, it's not surprising that the Broncos are struggling.

Poor to average seasons from the likes of Staggs, Riki, Hetherington and Walters.

All these are factors. They are "god awful" atm and the Dolphins won't ever have a better chance in toppling their cross town rivals.
Fundamentally correct but:
  • Reynolds might be well past his best. They haven't improved since he came back.
  • Herbie and Flegler are massive losses but they have depth to cover the losses. Especially Herbie. they just aren't playing well.
  • Piakura might be massively overrated. Too soon to say definitively but looking like that.
  • Riki used to be overrated but I don't think anyone really rates him anymore.
  • Staggs was atrocious yesterday but has been one of their better players this season.