What's new

Round 22: Dolphins vs Sydney Roosters

Dolph

QLD Cup
Team Tips:
The Dolphins welcome back Kurt Donoghoe from suspension. With Jeremy Marshall-King injured, Donoghoe may start which would push Max Plath to lock. Otherwise, the Dolphins will start Plath at hooker again with Donoghoe to come off the pine. Wayne Bennett could look to make some changes to a side who didn’t score any points in the final 58 minutes in a loss to the Gold Coast.

Donoghoe won't replace Plath who has been playing well but he might be on the bench. It doesn't get any easier. Roosters are copping it a bit for letting Manly back into the game. They will be fired to play for 80min. A couple of our backs, all except Herbie and Bostock might be in for a roasting this week. In the second half, the forwards really needed a lot more help than they got.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Team Tips:
The Dolphins welcome back Kurt Donoghoe from suspension. With Jeremy Marshall-King injured, Donoghoe may start which would push Max Plath to lock. Otherwise, the Dolphins will start Plath at hooker again with Donoghoe to come off the pine. Wayne Bennett could look to make some changes to a side who didn’t score any points in the final 58 minutes in a loss to the Gold Coast.

Donoghoe won't replace Plath who has been playing well but he might be on the bench. It doesn't get any easier. Roosters are copping it a bit for letting Manly back into the game. They will be fired to play for 80min. A couple of our backs, all except Herbie and Bostock might be in for a roasting this week. In the second half, the forwards really needed a lot more help than they got.
Terrible loss yesterday but there are no easy games in the NRL. Considering the injuries, losing Gilbert in a trial game then Flegler. Then Aitken and JMK. How many forwards can a club lose and still be competitive?

Might struggle against the Roosters.

Red

Forum staff

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Oryn Keeley

No surprises but I'd like to see Fuller in the #17

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Oryn Keeley

Roosters are are pretty much full strength. 2 years in a row season ruined by a bulging injury count.

• Sad
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Roosters are are pretty much full strength. 2 years in a row season ruined by a bulging injury count.
Yep. Losing Gilbert in the pre-season was bad. Then Flegler in (was it round 8?) a disaster. Then Aitken and JMK and it became a sick joke.

Equaliser

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Max Plath
  10. Tevita Pangai Junior
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Sean O’Sullivan

18. Oryn Keeley

Fuller definitely needs to be in the 17. What can SOS do better than Fuller? In the event of an injury to Katoa but is that enough to have someone on the bench for?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Fuller definitely needs to be in the 17. What can SOS do better than Fuller? In the event of an injury to Katoa but is that enough to have someone on the bench for?
fullers carrying injury

Blockade

QLD Cup
Fuller just doesn't have the versatility due to his slight frame. A full game in reserve grade is probably more beneficial for him rather than a possible 10 mins off the bench.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Fuller just doesn't have the versatility due to his slight frame. A full game in reserve grade is probably more beneficial for him rather than a possible 10 mins off the bench.
Something to be said for this. Though his defence seems better than SOS.

Josh

QLD Cup
Can we seriously be confident about a win? I'm sorry but......
  • Roosters by 14
  • Dolphins best: Herbie
  • Dolphins first try: Herbie

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 6
FTS- Hammer
MOTM- Katoa.

If the game were in Sydney, I'd probably tip the home team. But a neutral game on the west coast could produce anything. WB will have them pumped due to the importance of the game and I'm betting on a really good performance tonight.

Equaliser

Dolphins by 6
FTS- Hammer
MOTM- Katoa.

If the game were in Sydney, I'd probably tip the home team. But a neutral game on the west coast could produce anything. WB will have them pumped due to the importance of the game and I'm betting on a really good performance tonight.
Love the optimism but we are missing more than half our best forward pack and they are at full strength as far as I can see. And they were already one of the big guns.

Roosters by 10
First Dolphins try: Lemuelu
Dolphins MoM: Kafusi

Red

Forum staff
Love the optimism but we are missing more than half our best forward pack and they are at full strength as far as I can see. And they were already one of the big guns.

Roosters by 10
First Dolphins try: Lemuelu
Dolphins MoM: Kafusi
Two seasons in a row ruined by injuries. Though I'd still give us a chance against anyone but Roosters, Penrith or Melbourne.

Chris

QLD Cup
Probably wishful thinking but
Dolphins by 2
MoM: Herbiew
First try: Isaako

Isaako and Hammer might have gotten a rocket after last week. Might be fired up today.

Red

Forum staff
Is it that Roosters are massively overrated, their coach is a farce or Dolphins B pack is that good?

Dolph

QLD Cup
Surely the Sydney Rorters coach can have them wIn the second half or Politis would be well advised to look for a new coach.

Red

Forum staff
The decision was made Dom Young has a hamstring injury. Big blow for us. He's not half as good as Jack Bostock.