What's new

Round 19 vs South Sydney.

Blockade

QLD Cup
As expected, the Hammer and Felise are unavailable due to SOO. Add to that list, JMK, Donoghoe, SOS, Harry Graham, Flegler and Gilbert. The cupboard is pretty bare in a match which is a definite must win.

Chris

QLD Cup
As expected, the Hammer and Felise are unavailable due to SOO. Add to that list, JMK, Donoghoe, SOS, Harry Graham, Flegler and Gilbert. The cupboard is pretty bare in a match which is a definite must win.
I thought Felise would get dropped.

Fortunately Souths will be without Mitchell and Murray so we have a chance.

Red

Forum staff
I thought Felise would get dropped.

Fortunately Souths will be without Mitchell and Murray so we have a chance.
They still have Wighton, Walker, Arrow, Cook, Koloamatangi. Our big names consist of Herbie and Jesse Bromwich 5 years ago and ........... maybe in a couple of years Katoa will be a big name. If you think about it, we have done really well to be where we are even though it's looking pretty grim for the rest of the year.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
They still have Wighton, Walker, Arrow, Cook, Koloamatangi. Our big names consist of Herbie and Jesse Bromwich 5 years ago and ........... maybe in a couple of years Katoa will be a big name. If you think about it, we have done really well to be where we are even though it's looking pretty grim for the rest of the year.
We have the major thing, Bennett. oh wait.......... but so do they.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
We have the major thing, Bennett. oh wait.......... but so do they.
Wayne is feeling the heat over his behavior. Now he is denying he had anything to do with Cook leaving even though Cook confirmed at the time he had a long conversation with Wayne about it. I know he isn't doing anything wrong if he is doing it in his own time but seriously, it's a really bad look. If we crash out of contention with a couple of rounds left, I wonder if Wolff will take over early.

Equaliser

Dolpins v South Sydney Rabbitohs

Round 17 Dolphins team: 21. Trai Fuller 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Tesi Niu 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 14. Felise Kaufusi 11. Connelly Lemuelu 12. Euan Aitken 13. Max Plath 10. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Mark Nicholls 17. Tevita Pangai Junior 20. Kurt Donoghue 18. Josh Kerr

Team Tips: Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King suffered a fractured foot last time out against the Dragons and will be unavailable until at least Round 25. Post-game, Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett confirmed Max Plath will likely play hooker in Marshall-King’s absence, opening the door for either Kenny Bromwich or Ray Stone to fill in at lock. Elsewhere, Trai Fuller will remain at fullback with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow in Origin camp, while Felise Kaufusi will also be out due to Origin camp, with Mark Nicholls or Tevita Pangai Junior likely taking his place in the front row. Jack Bostock is also due back from a head knock and will displace Tesi Niu on the wing.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Wayne is feeling the heat over his behavior. Now he is denying he had anything to do with Cook leaving even though Cook confirmed at the time he had a long conversation with Wayne about it. I know he isn't doing anything wrong if he is doing it in his own time but seriously, it's a really bad look. If we crash out of contention with a couple of rounds left, I wonder if Wolff will take over early.
woolf be coaching them now yes bennets name is head coach but you can bet wayne is sitting back enjoying what , woolf has to offer and we still aint got enough deepth , in key position and it just showed just how much jmk does in that last game when he went off we were lost big time

i dont blame coaching team and i dont think club wil be jus key signings injured n not enough deep cover that are up to the players we have in top 17 , if we dont get tpj full time if thom gets put on the shelf witth injury we going look pretty bare especially since we dont know what kodis up too

Equaliser

woolf be coaching them now yes bennets name is head coach but you can bet wayne is sitting back enjoying what , woolf has to offer and we still aint got enough deepth , in key position and it just showed just how much jmk does in that last game when he went off we were lost big time

i dont blame coaching team and i dont think club wil be jus key signings injured n not enough deep cover that are up to the players we have in top 17 , if we dont get tpj full time if thom gets put on the shelf witth injury we going look pretty bare especially since we dont know what kodis up too
Isn't this a big problem? He's still employed as our head coach. Publicly, according to Souths players and officials, he's more concerned about coaching them.

Though second paragraph is true. I agree. Too many injuries to key personnel. Any team would struggle in such a situation. But that doesn't excuse Wayne's behavior.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Isn't this a big problem? He's still employed as our head coach. Publicly, according to Souths players and officials, he's more concerned about coaching them.

Though second paragraph is true. I agree. Too many injuries to key personnel. Any team would struggle in such a situation. But that doesn't excuse Wayne's behavior.

well ask yourself this the guy who is our ceo is a serious guy if he and the board have a issue with it wayne be out the door right?
media hype thats all it is

if waynes heart isn't in it no more he wouldn't be here hes been round the traps far to long to give two stuffs what media

what other side can say we have next years coach doing the hands on work already this season

unless club says they upset with it thats when we upset with it till then business as usual

Last edited:

Equaliser

well ask yourself this the guy who is our ceo is a serious guy if he and the board have a issue with it wayne be out the door right?
media hype thats all it is

if waynes heart isn't in it no more he wouldn't be here hes been round the traps far to long to give two stuffs what media

what other side can say we have next years coach doing the hands on work already this season

unless club says they upset with it thats when we upset with it till then business as usual
I think the board has a problem. Why Wayne came out just now and denied what Cook stated publicly a few weeks ago.

No need to be defensive over it. I agree the media is exaggerating. My point is Wayne shouldn't be coaching Souths at all until he is officially done coaching us.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I think the board has a problem. Why Wayne came out just now and denied what Cook stated publicly a few weeks ago.

No need to be defensive over it. I agree the media is exaggerating. My point is Wayne shouldn't be coaching Souths at all until he is officially done coaching us.
i aint merely reminding you

end the day its up to club not us and theres been no nrl investigation or integrity investigation , or club investigation , unless it comes from club or nrl i would not take a player cacch conservation that was put in the media as gospel

its all dribble from buzz whens last time hes put anything nice about wayne or anything qld related the guys a prick hes not a reporter hes a conspiratress

Equaliser

i aint merely reminding you

end the day its up to club not us and theres been no nrl investigation or integrity investigation , or club investigation , unless it comes from club or nrl i would not take a player cacch conservation that was put in the media as gospel

its all dribble from buzz whens last time hes put anything nice about wayne or anything qld related the guys a prick hes not a reporter hes a conspiratress
Not saying he's broken any rules. On what grounds would the club sack him or integrity unit investigate? I think the club has told him to cut it out and Wayne has done that.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Not saying he's broken any rules. On what grounds would the club sack him or integrity unit investigate? I think the club has told him to cut it out and Wayne has done that.
you think ? lol just stop getting your knickers in a not like the media is n let him do his job

Equaliser

you think ? lol just stop getting your knickers in a not like the media is n let him do his job
But he's not doing his job as well as he should be, IMO. As thrashing Dragons gave us or losses to Newcastle and Canberra should make clear.

mr_c

QLD Cup
So none of Wayne's coaching achievements really mean anything because at the end of the day, it was all the players.
so who lead the team once jmk came off theres no leadership in ourside on field bar him hard tp coach any level if teams not prepeared to work together and someone needs to lead them

Bennett will give all the help he can give but , bottom line its 13 guys on the field doing the work , it will just turn into ground hog day like last season we have experienced players ex n current rep players ex n current rep juniors experienced nrl players no excuses on field

Last edited:

Equaliser

so who lead the team once jmk came off theres no leadership in ourside on field bar him hard tp coach any level if teams not prepeared to work together and someone needs to lead them

Bennett will give all the help he can give but , bottom line its 13 guys on the field doing the work , it will just turn into ground hog day like last season we have experienced players ex n current rep players ex n current rep juniors experienced nrl players no excuses on field
Ok. I don't want to argue about this anymore. Seems club bosses have told Wayne to pull his head in and Wayne has done that. So let's move on.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Ok. I don't want to argue about this anymore. Seems club bosses have told Wayne to pull his head in and Wayne has done that. So let's move on.
When did they tell him to pull his head in ? You’ve just made that up