What's new

Round 17 vs St George Illawarra

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Glad i stayed in bed. Just watched the catch up. First half was good, that's about it.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Glad i stayed in bed. Just watched the catch up. First half was good, that's about it.
Can we blame this one on you?

They really, really missed JMK. Donoghoe isn't a dummy half. Absolutely not! Every second pass hit the ground.

Last edited:

Blockade

QLD Cup
Does it have anything to do with Wayne publicly working on what he is doing with Souths?

This is a conversation that needs to happen. I know it was a good win against the Sharks and a good performance against Melbourne but we can still say the side has been sliding for several weeks now.
They've been sliding because they are just a second year team with the oldest pack in the comp guided a 20 yo HB. Add to that, long term injuries to their two best forwards, the Origin drain (although limited) and the fact that they are just an average team on paper.

But they have graduated to a mid range team now which is an amazing achievement for this club. But mid range teams can lose to other teams of the same calibre (StG, Canb, Newc, NZ) and occasionally pull off an upset of a stronger club (Cron). They could sneak a playoff spot but it's like a lottery now as they are now part of a clump of 10 teams fighting for 4 spots.

As far as WB goes, his commitment to Souths would have no bearing. Kris Woolf basically runs all the training sessions and has a big say on selections. If anything, this team has overachieved thus far and are now being brought back to reality.

Last edited:

Dolph

QLD Cup
They've been sliding because they are just a second year team with the oldest pack in the comp guided a 20 yo HB. Add to that, long term injuries to their two best forwards, the Origin drain (although limited) and the fact that they are just an average team on paper.

But they have graduated to a mid range team now which is an amazing achievement for this club. But mid range teams can lose to other teams of the same calibre (StG, Canb, Newc, NZ) and occasionally pull of an upset of a stronger club (Cron). They could sneak a playoff spot but it's like a lottery now as they are now part of a clump of 10 teams fighting for 4 spots.

As far as WB goes, his commitment to Souths would have no bearing. Kris Woolf basically runs all the training sessions and has a big say on selections. If anything, this team has overachieved thus far and are now being brought back to reality.
I agree it wasn't a good look Wayne offering advice to Souths but there no doubt the above is true.

Jetty

QLD Cup
  1. Trai Fuller 4/10 What happened? Went missing.
  2. Jamayne Isaako 5/10
  3. Jake Averillo 4/10
  4. Herbie Farnworth 5/10
  5. Tesi Niu 5/10
  6. Kodi Nikorima 5/10
  7. Isaiya Katoa 5/10
  8. Jesse Bromwich 5/10
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King 6/10 Looked like the most likely to do something good before he was injured.
  10. Kenny Bromwich 4/10 Back to the form of last year.
  11. Connelly Lemuelu 4/10 very, very quiet.
  12. Euan Aitken 5/10
  13. Max Plath 5/10

14. Felise Kaufusi 5/10
  15. Mark Nicholls 6/10 I think he might have been our best.
  16. Kurt Donoghoe 2/10 Can't hit a barn door passing from dummy half.
  17. Tevita Pangai Junior 6/10 Was good.

mr_c

QLD Cup
our forwarfs never got the ball enough herbies run metres were lower than tesis

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team

But they have graduated to a mid range team now which is an amazing achievement for this club. But mid range teams can lose to other teams of the same calibre (StG, Canb, Newc, NZ) and occasionally pull off an upset of a stronger club (Cron). They could sneak a playoff spot but it's like a lottery now as they are now part of a clump of 10 teams fighting for 4 spots.

Agree with everything

mr_c

QLD Cup
sounds like hes not getting it contested and the goats had enough of repeat offenders

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Only thing I will say, and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. On paper, I don't think we are average, however what i am about to say may translate to the side being classified as average.

I think our starting 13 is slightly above average. Herbie, Hammer, Katoa, our missing forwards with some performing beyond their abilities in Isaako etc. Our depth is what lets us down severely, 1 injury screws us. Yes we are a second year team, and yes this is probably why our depth is shit. I think with our incoming forwards, and 1 or 2 more additions, we could be a solid top 8 team in our third year.

As Blockade alludes to, we are ahead of the curve. And we deserve credit, and we should be happy with how they are going. SHould they make the 8 we should be very happy.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Only thing I will say, and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. On paper, I don't think we are average, however what i am about to say may translate to the side being classified as average.

I think our starting 13 is slightly above average. Herbie, Hammer, Katoa, our missing forwards with some performing beyond their abilities in Isaako etc. Our depth is what lets us down severely, 1 injury screws us. Yes we are a second year team, and yes this is probably why our depth is shit. I think with our incoming forwards, and 1 or 2 more additions, we could be a solid top 8 team in our third year.

As Blockade alludes to, we are ahead of the curve. And we deserve credit, and we should be happy with how they are going. SHould they make the 8 we should be very happy.
True but still disappointing after the first half of the season. Remember we are without two of our big guns, Flegler and Gilbert. Most teams will struggle more than us if without 2 Origin players.

mr_c

QLD Cup
one thing we lack is true footy nouse to use yah head but the same time keep calm like jmk brings everyone just rushes

Josh

QLD Cup
  1. Trai Fuller 4/10 What happened? Went missing.
  2. Jamayne Isaako 5/10
  3. Jake Averillo 4/10
  4. Herbie Farnworth 5/10
  5. Tesi Niu 5/10
  6. Kodi Nikorima 5/10
  7. Isaiya Katoa 5/10
  8. Jesse Bromwich 5/10
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King 6/10 Looked like the most likely to do something good before he was injured.
  10. Kenny Bromwich 4/10 Back to the form of last year.
  11. Connelly Lemuelu 4/10 very, very quiet.
  12. Euan Aitken 5/10
  13. Max Plath 5/10

14. Felise Kaufusi 5/10
  15. Mark Nicholls 6/10 I think he might have been our best.
  16. Kurt Donoghoe 2/10 Can't hit a barn door passing from dummy half.
  17. Tevita Pangai Junior 6/10 Was good.
Wouldn't it be worth playing Tessi at centre in place of Averillo next game? When Bostock is back on the wing. Averillo really doesn't trouble the defence.

mr_c

QLD Cup
centres protect the wing, they dont need to run, unless its in support of our wings if thats the case our wings be getting less ball go look at the average game run metres eve thr best ain that high dont see much changing the run metres of all our centres are not far away from each other look at herbies his was lowest its been since we had him

Chris

QLD Cup
centres protect the wing, they dont need to run, unless its in support of our wings if thats the case our wings be getting less ball go look at the average game run metres eve thr best ain that high dont see much changing the run metres of all our centres are not far away from each other look at herbies his was lowest its been since we had him
Averillo needs to run. Of course. But he's not the biggest issue now. Forwards were dominated. Kenny B and Lemuelu were hardly sighted.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Averillo needs to run. Of course. But he's not the biggest issue now. Forwards were dominated. Kenny B and Lemuelu were hardly sighted.
yup mark fuis n pangi n connie all were shut down as well as kodi