What's new

Round 17 vs St George Illawarra

Dolph

QLD Cup
Tessi is the forgotten man in the backline. Would he be better than Averillo in the centres? As for attack, I'd say for sure. As for defence, probably not. Or certainly not on a consistent basis.

Team Tips:

Jack Bostock suffered a nasty head knock and will not feature in Round 17. Tesi Niu played in the centres for Norths Devils last weekend and is the likely man who will join the side on the wing. Connelly Lemuelu looked like he injured his shoulder but got through the remainder of the clash. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Felise Kaufusi are both strong chances of backing up with the longest possible turnaround.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Tessi is the forgotten man in the backline. Would he be better than Averillo in the centres? As for attack, I'd say for sure. As for defence, probably not. Or certainly not on a consistent basis.

Team Tips:

Jack Bostock suffered a nasty head knock and will not feature in Round 17. Tesi Niu played in the centres for Norths Devils last weekend and is the likely man who will join the side on the wing. Connelly Lemuelu looked like he injured his shoulder but got through the remainder of the clash. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Felise Kaufusi are both strong chances of backing up with the longest possible turnaround.
I'd forgotten all about Tessi as well. Has he been injured or just can't get a look in for the NRL team?

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Poor defensively. Stay with Averillo. wont be bad on the wing.

Dragons will play through the middle, as their outside backs are rather slow.

mr_c

QLD Cup
hes doing fine ( jake ) his run metres are good and his d is solid, we getting our attack from a fulback n wings as there defence is no where as good and we got a strong defender coming from tigers too

just leave the sections to wayne

Chris

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Tesi Niu
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Kenny Bromwich
  11. Connelly Lemuelu
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath

14. Felise Kaufusi
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Tevita Pangai Junior

18. Josh Kerr
No surprises I guess. Josh Kerr relegated to 18th man. I guess that is the only option in light of the much improved form of Jenny Bromwich. Unless Jesse was going to be dropped.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Any word on Hammer's shoulder injury?

HAMMER BLOW

Game One hat-trick hero Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow is in doubt for the decider after injuring his shoulder in the 18th minute. The ‘Hammer’ battled on bravely for another six minutes before coming off the field, the sixth time in eight games the Maroons have lost an outside back during Slater’s tenure. By the time he returned for the second half, finishing off a superb 59th-minute try to whittle the deficit to 34-12, the Blues were home. “It looks like he has picked up an AC joint,” Slater said.

AC joint would mean about a month out as far as I know.

Jetty

QLD Cup
That would be a big blow for us. Fuller is good, but Hammer is special
What are the goods on your old team? How are we going to play them? I think spread the ball a lot and kick a lot to keep turning them around is the right way. They have a big, slow team.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
yeah clubs confirmed it now
Dragons also without Lomax. Might be an even bigger loss for them because Trai might not be as good as Hammer but he goes ok. I don't know who they have coming in for Lomax. I know the name, Christian Tu********(something) but never heard of him until now.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 7
FTS- Nikorima
MOM- JMK

It will be another close one and a much tougher outing for the Dolphins compared to the last time they met. A win will keep them clear of the plethora of teams sitting in the cusp of the top 8. They don't want to be caught up in that mess.

Josh

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 10
First Try - Aitken
MoM - Plath

Plath has been a bit down on form recently. Compared to the one who tore Parramatta apart earlier this year. Bounce back today.

Chris

QLD Cup
Huge game. Win and surely it means we at least make top 8.

Dolphins by 10
First try Herbie
MOM Herbie