What's new

Round 15 - Dolphins v Cronulla Sharks

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Great game of football. Great win, hopefully taking us into the semifinals.

3. Herbie
2. Katoa - based on his kicking game. Central to the win
1. Bostock - just for a different shout. Did a lot of work coming off the line, and showed Great effort for the try.

I have to say. I thought Bostock was going to be a dud after what I saw of him at the Dragons. With grade experience he has proven me wrong. For mine he has been the surprise packet of the season and is going from strength to strength. Hope he keeps it up.

Chris

QLD Cup
Great game of football. Great win, hopefully taking us into the semifinals.

3. Herbie
2. Katoa - based on his kicking game. Central to the win
1. Bostock - just for a different shout. Did a lot of work coming off the line, and showed Great effort for the try.

I have to say. I thought Bostock was going to be a dud after what I saw of him at the Dragons. With grade experience he has proven me wrong. For mine he has been the surprise packet of the season and is going from strength to strength. Hope he keeps it up.
That makes two of in regard to Bostock. Massive improvement from last year. Though not enough to give him points from yesterday. I thought Isaako was better. hard to nominate 3-2-1 again but Herbie is a standout for 3, IMO.

3. Herbie
2. Katoa
1. Aitken

Toss up between Aitken and Kenny Bromwich for the 1.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
That makes two of in regard to Bostock. Massive improvement from last year. Though not enough to give him points from yesterday. I thought Isaako was better. hard to nominate 3-2-1 again but Herbie is a standout for 3, IMO.

3. Herbie
2. Katoa
1. Aitken

Toss up between Aitken and Kenny Bromwich for the 1.
I just love when a player proves me wrong, after I have written them off. Giving him the 1 is my way of repenting. bhahahaha

Josh

QLD Cup
what more has he got to prove hes d is strong and thats what hes there for
Averillo is ok. Defence is pretty good. I'd like a centre who can tackle but offers a bit more with ball in hand than I have seen from Averilo but I hope he proves me wrong.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Averillo is ok. Defence is pretty good. I'd like a centre who can tackle but offers a bit more with ball in hand than I have seen from Averilo but I hope he proves me wrong.
yeah but you got remember if we have a running centre , like a lot of other sides it means you need stronger d from our wings n full backs which our guys just dont offer our centres no matter who they are have bee doing the bulk of the tackles for the backs

mr_c

QLD Cup
The Maroons have received a huge boost with superstar fullback Reece Walsh set to be cleared of concussion by Queensland doctors and declared a certain starter in Origin II.
But Queensland have suffered a twin blow with J’maine Hopgood succumbing to a back injury, while Game 1 interchange hero Selwyn Cobbo is a shock scratching for the return bout at the MCG on Wednesday week.
Kaufusi, 18th man in the series opener, was activated to play after Walsh lasted just seven minutes of Origin I and will replace Hopgood on the bench.
Meanwhile, Warriors recruit Kurt Capewell, axed by Queensland coach Billy Slater last year, will make a triumphant return to the Maroons to fill the super-sub void left by his former Broncos teammate Cobbo.
It is understood Cobbo may have picked up an injury in Brisbane’s loss to Souths last Friday night.

Josh

QLD Cup
yeah but you got remember if we have a running centre , like a lot of other sides it means you need stronger d from our wings n full backs which our guys just dont offer our centres no matter who they are have bee doing the bulk of the tackles for the backs
Why don't you expect a centre to be able to break a tackle here and there and be a good defender?

mr_c

QLD Cup
Why don't you expect a centre to be able to break a tackle here and there and be a good defender?
well its simple the teams that have strong running centres have strong defensive backs out side there centres we dont have that

Josh

QLD Cup
well its simple the teams that have strong running centres have strong defensive backs out side there centres we dont have that
Which centres in the competition in your opinion are the ones who can tackle but offer very little with ball in hand and vice versa? Apart from Averillo at this stage. He's not useless with ball in hand but doesn't seem to trouble defenders very much. I can't remember seeing him break a tackle.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Which centres in the competition in your opinion are the ones who can tackle but offer very little with ball in hand and vice versa? Apart from Averillo at this stage. He's not useless with ball in hand but doesn't seem to trouble defenders very much. I can't remember seeing him break a tackle.
hes only 10 behind herbie n hammer wouldnt stress to much

mr_c

QLD Cup
well if you look at tackle bust he averages , 2 a game to herbies four 100 run metres to 145 a gam of herbie not much i be looking to change , ffs hes in first year with us in new combination will only get better , not sure how high you think his stats should be i think hes well deserved his place especailly on d jake and herbie get double figures tackles most games