What's new

Round 15 - Dolphins v Cronulla Sharks

Chris

QLD Cup
This happened last year against the Sharks as well. They were going well, everyone expected them to win. Then we put about 30 on them in the first half and it was game over.

Red

Forum staff
This happened last year against the Sharks as well. They were going well, everyone expected them to win. Then we put about 30 on them in the first half and it was game over.
Nicho Hynes is the ultimate flat track bully.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Ref trying to make it a game. the penalty that led up to that try was BS and so was the 6 again call.

Equaliser

Fucking BS! Katoa jumped out from dummy half and make a good one on one tackle, then steals the ball one on one during the tackle and only then the ref blows a penalty for not square. How does that happen???

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
Maybe, just maybe, the refs aren’t out to get the Dolphins every week. But you wouldn’t know it from reading this forum

Josh

QLD Cup
Maybe, just maybe, the refs aren’t out to get the Dolphins every week. But you wouldn’t know it from reading this forum
I don't often complain about refs but on this occasion......... He was trying to get them back into the game. It was so obvious!

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
And the Dolphins’ dropped balls, missed tackles and penalties from illegal strips and mid-air tackles had nothing to do with it?

Red

Forum staff
I was just thinking this was one of the most flagrant examples of a ref getting an opposition team in the game. I remember when Hasler was coaching someone a while ago, his team got out to a big lead early and the ref was heard saying, "they (other team) are going to turn this around". They did. Haslers team still win but he justifiably blew up after the game. This game reminds of that.

First there was the offside penalty which could be blown 50 times a game. Match the exact moment the ball clears the person playing the ball to move forward off the line. Then Hammer pulls off an outstanding one on one tackle, could hardly get off any faster if he tried and ref blows 6 again on the last....... Just flagrant and I hardly ever complain about refs.

Red

Forum staff
And the Dolphins’ dropped balls, missed tackles and penalties from illegal strips and mid-air tackles had nothing to do with it?
I missed the mid air tackle and the dropped ball happened once when they were well and truely back into the game.

Red

Forum staff
Easy to say in hindsight but seriously, why not a drop kick with 5 min to go?

Equaliser

Better team won but I'm still furious about that 5~7 min period where in the refs eyes, we just couldn't do anything right.

Phins Phan

Dolphins Junior League
Aitken’s stats were good but not amazing (97m and 37 tackles in 80 minutes) but those stats don’t show the number of really tough metres he made coming out of our end. I agree, I thought he was great

Equaliser

Hard one. Haven't looked at the stats but I think Aitken made a lot of high quality tackles and ran a lot of metres.

3. Aitken
2. Herbie
1. Katoa
I'd go with that but I think Herbie made a number of tough carries also and was a constant menace for their defence.

3. Herbie
2. Aitken
1. JMK

1 is hard. I was going to go with Katoa but JMK got trough a lot of work. I think Kenny B was good as well. Best game I've seen from him in a long time.