What's new

Round 15 - Dolphins v Cronulla Sharks

Josh

QLD Cup
Going to be a hard game. But Dolphins are slipping badly. A few weeks ago, going top of the table looked likely. Now we are struggling to remain in the 8. Below us in the 8 are Broncos, Roosters and Dragons. Broncos and Roosters will almost certainly make the 8. Just out of the 8 are the Warriors who are surging after a poor start to the year. We should expect them to make the 8, probably over the Dragons. Then we have Manly who I expect might make it. Finally Cowboys who could or should come good. So this isn't "must win" but we need to score a few big scalps otherwise we will likely miss the 8.

Josh

QLD Cup

Team Tips:

The Dolphins enjoyed the bye in Round 14, and are set to welcome back two key troops. Kodi Nikorima is a chance of taking the field to replace Anthony Milford with the gun five-eighth sidelined due to a calf injury. Meanwhile, Jesse Bromwich suffered a rib injury and is expected take the field which is a huge boost for the Dolphins, with initial fears he could be out for the season after the injury blow. If he can’t take the field, Josh Kerr is a strong chance of taking his spot in the starting side. Tom Flegler meanwhile, is not expected to return this season.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Kenny Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Felise Kaufusi
  11. Connelly Lemuelu
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Sean O’Sullivan
  20. Jarrod Wallace
  21. Tesi Niu
  22. Trai Fuller

With Gilbert and Flegler gone for the season, is this the best team we can field?

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Kenny Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Felise Kaufusi
  11. Connelly Lemuelu
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Sean O’Sullivan
  20. Jarrod Wallace
  21. Tesi Niu
  22. Trai Fuller

With Gilbert and Flegler gone for the season, is this the best team we can field?
Looks like apart from Gilbert and Flegler, this is as good as it gets this year. I'm Tessi might be putting pressure on Averillo who at least hasn't stood out much this year. I saw a comment that his defence has been good. That might be right. But his attack hasn't been much to worry the opposing teams.

Blockade

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Kenny Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Felise Kaufusi
  11. Connelly Lemuelu
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath

14. Josh Kerr
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Oryn Keeley
  19. Sean O’Sullivan
  20. Jarrod Wallace
  21. Tesi Niu
  22. Trai Fuller

It's the best team for who is available this week. Jesse will be back next week and TPJ will arrive at some stage. Kenny isn't anywhere near first grade standard.

Josh

QLD Cup
It's the best team for who is available this week. Jesse will be back next week and TPJ will arrive at some stage. Kenny isn't anywhere near first grade standard.
Forgot about Jesse. I hope TPJ comes good. I think he needs a lot of work on his stamina.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Bad timing for this game. Hynes is copping it for being shit in Origin again. Sharks and him are going to be out to prove a point.

Josh

QLD Cup
Bad timing for this game. Hynes is copping it for being shit in Origin again. Sharks and him are going to be out to prove a point.
Have to overcome it if we are to be taken as a serious premiership force this year. I just wonder how deflating the Flegler news is.

mr_c

QLD Cup
He's behind a few already.
not really with the fact fus could go 4 origin n n the ones on the bench seem to go better of the bench only really leaves kenny and hes easily injury prone

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
not really with the fact fus could go 4 origin n n the ones on the bench seem to go better of the bench only really leaves kenny and hes easily injury prone
I think Keeley is in front of Kenny at this stage.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 4
FTS- Farnworth
MOM- Nikorima

Huge game tonight. The eventual result could set the tone for the rest of the season.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Dolphins by 4
FTS- Farnworth
MOM- Nikorima

Huge game tonight. The eventual result could set the tone for the rest of the season.
Agree. Think this might be the most important game of this season so far. Win and prove we can beat the top teams (though I think they are behind Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Broncos despite the soft underbelly of the Broncos being exposed), lose and you have to think we can only sneak into the top 8 at best.

Dolphins by 10
First try: Plath
MoM: Aitken

Blockade

QLD Cup
Agree. Think this might be the most important game of this season so far. Win and prove we can beat the top teams (though I think they are behind Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Broncos despite the soft underbelly of the Broncos being exposed), lose and you have to think we can only sneak into the top 8 at best.

Dolphins by 10
First try: Plath
MoM: Aitken
You've totally nailed it with your comment. I really worry about the forward pack. It's just not up to standard in it's current state. Anyways, hoping for a solid performance tonight.

Dolph

QLD Cup
You've totally nailed it with your comment. I really worry about the forward pack. It's just not up to standard in it's current state. Anyways, hoping for a solid performance tonight.
Yep. Need one more good middle forward, preferably 2. Like Flegler and Gilbert. That's just the way it goes. Hopefully both Tommy's make a full recovery and we are the real deal next year.