What's new

Round 13: Dolphins v St George Illawarra Dragons

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Just read that the dragon try after the denied one was on the 7th tackle. Apparently the stoppage time to review caused the ref to double count the 4th.

Got to admit I didn't notice.
I didn't notice either, maybe because the number of rums I'd had by then matched the number of tackles it took to score :)

But seriously - that is inexcusable with all the eyes on the game now.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I still don't get the Milf love. I personally think Niko is waaaay ahead of him on form. Unless Milf strings together at least 3-4 minimum games like he did against a flat Dragons pack, I just can't see how he overtakes Nikom or even Katoa.
He had a blinder against the likely wooden-spooners and there is something to be said about Milf playing like that much more often. But I think Niko's versatility is his downfall in regard to starting at 5/8. He might be a better 5/8 than Milf right now but he's better for the team as an interchange utility. That's my opinion anyway.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
He had a blinder against the likely wooden-spooners and there is something to be said about Milf playing like that much more often. But I think Niko's versatility is his downfall in regard to starting at 5/8. He might be a better 5/8 than Milf right now but he's better for the team as an interchange utility. That's my opinion anyway.
I agree with you there. Milf is just so frustrating. He was so good at Canberra playing fullback and ever since, apart from 1 season, he has just been disappointing with all that natural talent. In theory he should be the perfect utility too.

Dolph

QLD Cup
I agree with you there. Milf is just so frustrating. He was so good at Canberra playing fullback and ever since, apart from 1 season, he has just been disappointing with all that natural talent. In theory he should be the perfect utility too.
That's true. He had a different body shape when he was fullback at Canberra. Toward the end of his time at the Broncos and until now, he was outright fat.

His kicking game is still very good. Has always been. I think we can give him that much.

Red

Forum staff
That makes sense but it's a game of 17 on 17 these days. It's such a luxury to have a utility of his ability in the 17.

As for Milf, I think he has lost a few kgs since the start of the season. Still could lose a couple more but I wouldn't call him "fat" right now.

Chris

QLD Cup
That makes sense but it's a game of 17 on 17 these days. It's such a luxury to have a utility of his ability in the 17.

As for Milf, I think he has lost a few kgs since the start of the season. Still could lose a couple more but I wouldn't call him "fat" right now.
It's good to have options.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
I didn't notice either, maybe because the number of rums I'd had by then matched the number of tackles it took to score :)

But seriously - that is inexcusable with all the eyes on the game now.
Simple solution is get the bunker to tell the ref. I.e held up go again tackle 5 etc