What's new

Round 10: Dolphins vs Manly Sea Eagles

Josh

QLD Cup
Centre Tesi Niu suffered an ankle injury against the Cowboys adding to the Dolphins depleted outside back stocks with Euan Aitken a chance to shift to the centres. That would mean Connelly Lemuelu starting in the back row and potentially Jarrod Wallace joining the bench. Edrick Lee could be another option in the outside backs.

It'll be interesting what Wayne does here. I presume he wouldn't want to move Aitken as he's been playing so well in the forwards but I'm not sure Edrick Lee is NRL standard and he's a winger anyway.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Centre Tesi Niu suffered an ankle injury against the Cowboys adding to the Dolphins depleted outside back stocks with Euan Aitken a chance to shift to the centres. That would mean Connelly Lemuelu starting in the back row and potentially Jarrod Wallace joining the bench. Edrick Lee could be another option in the outside backs.

It'll be interesting what Wayne does here. I presume he wouldn't want to move Aitken as he's been playing so well in the forwards but I'm not sure Edrick Lee is NRL standard and he's a winger anyway.
i would say connie be there if herbie cant

Blockade

QLD Cup
i would say connie be there if herbie cant
Connie has gained a few kgs since he last played in the centres for NQ. Not sure if he is still suited for that position. It'll be Aitken or big Val with Herbie a very, very slim chance.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Connie has gained a few kgs since he last played in the centres for NQ. Not sure if he is still suited for that position. It'll be Aitken or big Val with Herbie a very, very slim chance.
Lol Connie's smaller than val no way val be there over the rest

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Lol Connie's smaller than val no way val be there over the rest
Small but also slower. But I get where your coming from. Connie can maintain a similar level of output for 80min, Val can't.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Small but also slower. But I get where your coming from. Connie can maintain a similar level of output for 80min, Val can't.
I wouldn't be too confident in that. Connie played 43 mins on Sunday (and struggled) after having 7 weeks off. He's not a centre option atm. Bennett wouldn't even remotely consider it.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Herbie will be selected this afternoon and he is a 80% chance of suiting up on Thursday.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
The high-flying Dolphins are set to be boosted by the return of star centre Herbie Farnworth for Thursday night’s clash with Manly. Farnworth is on the cusp of returning from a shoulder injury that has sidelined the England international for the past month. The former Broncos gun is expected to be named in coach Wayne Bennett’s starting side for the Sea Eagles showdown, replacing Tesi Niu.

Farnworth hasn’t played since suffering a painful AC joint injury in the Dolphins’ round 5 win against the Tigers. The Dolphins are also hoping to welcome back Kenny Bromwich after he missed last week’s win against the Cowboys due to concussion protocols. Big name players Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (hamstring), Tom Flegler (shoulder) and Tom Gilbert (knee) remain sidelined.

mr_c

QLD Cup
I wouldn't be too confident in that. Connie played 43 mins on Sunday (and struggled) after having 7 weeks off. He's not a centre option atm. Bennett wouldn't even remotely consider it.
and vals not run 43 mins in any game

mr_c

QLD Cup
he will no what it takes to fill in at full game centre

Dolph

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:​

1. Trai Fuller
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kenny Bromwich
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Connelly Lemuelu
  18. Kurt Donoghoe

mr_c

QLD Cup
i am taking it we can count wallace as gone to if not getting no game time ? which might mean we start seeing

RYAN JACKSON after this week​

Chris

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:​

1. Trai Fuller
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Jake Averillo
  4. Herbie Farnworth
  5. Jack Bostock
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Mark Nicholls
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Euan Aitken
  13. Max Plath
  14. Josh Kerr
  15. Kenny Bromwich
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Connelly Lemuelu
  18. Kurt Donogh
This is a pretty strong team. I think they are an excellent chance of beating Manly though Manly will be fired up after giving up a 20 point lead last week.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Wayne Bennett confirms: *Farnworth sails through captain’s run. He’s back v
@SeaEagles
*Hammer (hammie) right for
@WestsTigers
next week. *Kaufusi to spend time at prop. *Flegler return a mystery.