What's new

Recruitment and retention

Josh

QLD Cup
Have Penrith signed him as a 5/8 , Moses has been out all season. Where did I say he wasn’t a good 5/8 , my point was you pulling your cock about a player we haven’t signed . And the coaches your disrespecting have done more in the game than you and I playing and coaching
I did no such thing. I have stated two things about it:
  • Media and rival coaches have been waxing lyrical about him.
  • He apparently played all his junior football as a 5/8.
As for where he will play at Penrith, he won't be the first choice fullback for the next 3 or 4 years. There is a good chance he'll be the 5/8 from next year. Though there is something to be said for what Liverbird with Phins up Liverbird with Phins up said regarding him being eased into it in the centres.

As for the coaches, you can call it disrespecting if you like but if you look at their performance despite numerous chances....... Kearny had the "big call to stamp his authority on the team" by tapping Sean Johnson on the shoulder. Jason Taylor did the same with Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall. Now I will disrespect them. Morons might have achieved more than I have in the game but evidently had too many head knocks.

Red

Forum staff
Time to retire Talagi. Might revisit it in about a year and decide if he's more hype than anything. I saw him play a bit for Parra and looked like a good player but I didn't get all the hype. I'd prefer Katoa who is only a year older.
Talagi is old news. Who cares anymore? Hope Penrith are dramatically overpaying him.

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
I did no such thing. I have stated two things about it:
  • Media and rival coaches have been waxing lyrical about him.
  • He apparently played all his junior football as a 5/8.
As for where he will play at Penrith, he won't be the first choice fullback for the next 3 or 4 years. There is a good chance he'll be the 5/8 from next year. Though there is something to be said for what Liverbird with Phins up Liverbird with Phins up said regarding him being eased into it in the centres.

As for the coaches, you can call it disrespecting if you like but if you look at their performance despite numerous chances....... Kearny had the "big call to stamp his authority on the team" by tapping Sean Johnson on the shoulder. Jason Taylor did the same with Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall. Now I will disrespect them. Morons might have achieved more than I have in the game but evidently had too many head knocks.
Marshall went to Rugby his own choice, Farah white anted the coach. SJ got squeezed out due to the cap and didn’t set the world alight at Cronulla, had 1 good season back at warriors. Sounds like you’ve had too many head knocks

Josh

QLD Cup
Marshall went to Rugby his own choice, Farah white anted the coach. SJ got squeezed out due to the cap and didn’t set the world alight at Cronulla, had 1 good season back at warriors. Sounds like you’ve had too many head knocks
Utter nonsense.
  • Marshall went to rugby after being pushed out by Taylor as a second order of business. He didn't want to play against the Tigers so went to Rugby. I know cause my brother was a Tigers supporter.
  • Farah was pushed out as a first order of business. He was furious and publicly denounced Jason Taylor. If that's what you refer to as "white anting", I guess Farah did the right thing. Look at Taylor's record as a head coach.
  • SJ was pushed out because Kearny didn't rate him. i.e., like most rubbish coaches, wanted to show who was the boss early on by making a big call. SJ had plenty of interest including from Cronulla when it came time to re-sign so even though I didn't watch a lot of them play, he clearly wasn't too bad.
I don't know what you are trying to prove but unless you are related to or have some personal skin ion the game vis-a-vis Kearny, Barrett and Jason Taylor (probably 3 worst head coaches in the NRL era) sounds to me you should try to relax a bit.

mr_c

QLD Cup
well i can tell you this now this get your juicys flowing i know for a fact we are front runners for a prop thats not off contract that has not been mentioned by media and wont be because his family( who work in media want break it when ready )

i give you a hint he played junior league with one our talented juniors who hasnt be brought up too the 30 as yet

Gary

Dolphins Junior League
Utter nonsense.
  • Marshall went to rugby after being pushed out by Taylor as a second order of business. He didn't want to play against the Tigers so went to Rugby. I know cause my brother was a Tigers supporter.
  • Farah was pushed out as a first order of business. He was furious and publicly denounced Jason Taylor. If that's what you refer to as "white anting", I guess Farah did the right thing. Look at Taylor's record as a head coach.
  • SJ was pushed out because Kearny didn't rate him. i.e., like most rubbish coaches, wanted to show who was the boss early on by making a big call. SJ had plenty of interest including from Cronulla when it came time to re-sign so even though I didn't watch a lot of them play, he clearly wasn't too bad.
I don't know what you are trying to prove but unless you are related to or have some personal skin ion the game vis-a-vis Kearny, Barrett and Jason Taylor (probably 3 worst head coaches in the NRL era) sounds to me you should try to relax a bit.
Kearney made the 8 with the warriors Sj wasn’t pushed he asked to explore his options 2 years earlier and the club returned serve by granting it , it was Peter O’Sullivan who did it to free up cap space , Farah didn’t get along with the playing group or the coach and was told he would be playing Reggie’s , I would say out of the two Taylor has been proven right . Marshall chose Rugby negotiated it himself and covered it up by saying he didn’t want to play against tigers. And you can’t tell me nothing because you know nothing happy to catch up for a beer sometime and tell you all I know

Josh

QLD Cup
Kearney made the 8 with the warriors Sj wasn’t pushed he asked to explore his options 2 years earlier and the club returned serve by granting it , it was Peter O’Sullivan who did it to free up cap space , Farah didn’t get along with the playing group or the coach and was told he would be playing Reggie’s , I would say out of the two Taylor has been proven right . Marshall chose Rugby negotiated it himself and covered it up by saying he didn’t want to play against tigers. And you can’t tell me nothing because you know nothing happy to catch up for a beer sometime and tell you all I know
ok. Whatever you say.

Red

Forum staff
What is going on with this? Is Hammer going to come out and publicly deny it like Brian To'o did?

PAYTEN CONFIRMS HOLMES NEGOTIATING WITH RIVAL CLUBS

There’s still every chance Holmes stays put to see out his deal in Townsville though. If he doesn’t, a Maroons teammate could be discussed as a replacement. There are whispers that former Cowboy Tabuai-Fidow is angling for an early release from his Dolphins contract to relocate back north. The Cowboys granted Tabuai-Fidow an early release from his deal at the end of 2022 so the flyer could sign with the Dolphins.

The ‘Hammer’ had a desire to play fullback, but Payten and the Cowboys brass stuck with Scott Drinkwater. Tabuai-Fidow has flourished at the Dolphins in the No. 1 jersey, becoming one of the NRL’s showstopping talents. Payten didn’t deny any rumoured interest North Queensland have in Tabuai-Fidow, stating he’d love to have him back.

“Hammer is a really, really good player, I was really sorry to see him go,” Payten said. “He took an opportunity to play fullback and he’s gone and done that. He’s done terrifically well. “Would I love to have Hammer back in Townsville? Absolutely. “He’s an Origin player and I’m always looking to have good players at our club.”

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
well i can tell you this now this get your juicys flowing i know for a fact we are front runners for a prop thats not off contract that has not been mentioned by media and wont be because his family( who work in media want break it when ready )

i give you a hint he played junior league with one our talented juniors who hasnt be brought up too the 30 as yet
This is the only interesting thing I've read in the the last 3 pages of dross about Penrith and who's the worst coach.

If said player isn't off contract will he be for next season or season after?

midlands hobo

What is going on with this? Is Hammer going to come out and publicly deny it like Brian To'o did?

There’s still every chance Holmes stays put to see out his deal in Townsville though. If he doesn’t, a Maroons teammate could be discussed as a replacement. There are whispers that former Cowboy Tabuai-Fidow is angling for an early release from his Dolphins contract to relocate back north. The Cowboys granted Tabuai-Fidow an early release from his deal at the end of 2022 so the flyer could sign with the Dolphins.

The ‘Hammer’ had a desire to play fullback, but Payten and the Cowboys brass stuck with Scott Drinkwater. Tabuai-Fidow has flourished at the Dolphins in the No. 1 jersey, becoming one of the NRL’s showstopping talents. Payten didn’t deny any rumoured interest North Queensland have in Tabuai-Fidow, stating he’d love to have him back.

“Hammer is a really, really good player, I was really sorry to see him go,” Payten said. “He took an opportunity to play fullback and he’s gone and done that. He’s done terrifically well. “Would I love to have Hammer back in Townsville? Absolutely. “He’s an Origin player and I’m always looking to have good players at our club.”
Fuller offers more excitement, tackles better and breaks the game open more often making a more attacking threat. Hammer is faster and a better finisher but you put Fuller with a good centre (Herbie) and a good finishing winger (I'll say it Bostock (is getting there....)) and i'd have him at 1 any day. Hammer is a better centre

Equaliser

Fuller offers more excitement, tackles better and breaks the game open more often making a more attacking threat. Hammer is faster and a better finisher but you put Fuller with a good centre (Herbie) and a good finishing winger (I'll say it Bostock (is getting there....)) and i'd have him at 1 any day. Hammer is a better centre
I was thinking also Hammer is a much better centre. Not sure Fuller is better but I think we need a real fullback. On with ball skills.

mr_c

QLD Cup
josh marshell didbt go to rugby because he didn't want to play tigers , the same reason he is failing as a coach is the reason is the reason he left because hate been proven wrong go ask john Bateman and other players and robbie why they left its fot one very reason they are sick of benji

few things you and your brother need to know taylor had nothing to do wih benji leaving,

your sj claim that keareny didnt like him also wrong , was more sj was told they couldnt afford anywhere near what he wanted , but wait went to sharks on less ( and i know he went to sharks n came back to earriors on less ( sjs ego go in way )

how do i know this as i said before i am a warriors ex fan and i also know players coaches n mangers agents n familys and they talk so go talk to your brother and tell him hes wrong

mr_c

QLD Cup

when they start with theres stil every chance he stays put you know he only wants to know his value

Equaliser

when they start with theres stil every chance he stays put you know he only wants to know his value
His value as a centre will be less than his value as a fullback but the fact is, centre is his best position. He's a handy fullback as well. Don't mean to say otherwise. Just that the best fullbacks have much better ball skills than Hammer.

mr_c

QLD Cup
His value as a centre will be less than his value as a fullback but the fact is, centre is his best position. He's a handy fullback as well. Don't mean to say otherwise. Just that the best fullbacks have much better ball skills than Hammer.
dudes 22 with 80 games under his belt he learn ffs trais 26 so ofcourse hes going have the edge

Equaliser

dudes 22 with 80 games under his belt he learn ffs trais 26 so ofcourse hes going have the edge
Of course but Hammer is never going to have good ball skills.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I rate Hammer as a fullback. Just saying the best fullbacks have much better ball skills than Hammer. So it's not so surprising if the Dolphins let him go as long as they have a better option lined up.

Josh

QLD Cup
josh marshell didbt go to rugby because he didn't want to play tigers , the same reason he is failing as a coach is the reason is the reason he left because hate been proven wrong go ask john Bateman and other players and robbie why they left its fot one very reason they are sick of benji

few things you and your brother need to know taylor had nothing to do wih benji leaving,

your sj claim that keareny didnt like him also wrong , was more sj was told they couldnt afford anywhere near what he wanted , but wait went to sharks on less ( and i know he went to sharks n came back to earriors on less ( sjs ego go in way )

how do i know this as i said before i am a warriors ex fan and i also know players coaches n mangers agents n familys and they talk so go talk to your brother and tell him hes wrong
Ok. Just like Talagi will only go to a club where he can play fullback.

I'm tired of talking about Tigers, Panthers and etc. Whatever you say is right. That's enough for me.

Josh

QLD Cup
Of course but Hammer is never going to have good ball skills.

Don't try to put words in my mouth. I rate Hammer as a fullback. Just saying the best fullbacks have much better ball skills than Hammer. So it's not so surprising if the Dolphins let him go as long as they have a better option lined up.
Right now, Hammer would be a huge loss. If it's true, I can hardly believe Wolff would even contemplate letting him talk to rival clubs.

mr_c

QLD Cup
its a media gee up josh go read the 1st few lines , theres still every chance val stays when media report that you know they talking outta there ass

Equaliser

its a media gee up josh go read the 1st few lines , theres still every chance val stays when media report that you know they talking outta there ass
Hammer should come out and deny it.