What's new

How bad will the Wests lose this week. (renamed)

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Tigers are at it again. I tipped them for an upset with Korosau back. So much for that....

Jetty

QLD Cup
Tigers are at it again. I tipped them for an upset with Korosau back. So much for that....
I think they'll be a serious team next year. midlands hobo midlands hobo's man Bateman is a serious backrower as is Papali. Then Klemmar and Korosau and a large number of young players. They are probably building the right way. Getting their very highly paid but very average halfback off the books will do them the world of good.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I would make a bet on that however it seems you need the money for a shrink if you think you can polish that turd. :D
Hmmm maybe not next year but in 2 or 3 I think they'll be a serious team. I think they'll be much improved next year.

midlands hobo

In a few years any team can turn it around. But who would want to play there? Past it players on overs. No rising star is going to risk it when they could go to a premiership chasing side. Not until they see results.

Red

Forum staff

TIGERS BACKBONE & HALVES LOGJAM

At Concord, the Tigers will have a 2025 spine capable of mixing it with any top-eight side. Luai is expected to wear the No.7 jersey, where he will reunite with Panthers premiership-winning hooker Apisai Koroisau and rising fullback star Jahream Bula.

Sullivan and Fainu are in the first months of their respective four-year deals worth a combined $1 million a season. They will have to impress Marshall, otherwise you would suggest that one of them would be moved on at the end of the year.

Teenager Lachlan Galvin adds to the Tigers’ halves logjam.

Firstly, WTF are they doing? They also have Adam Douhi on the book on not a small amount of money. So next year they are going to have 4 halves on the books, one of them one of the highest paid players in the comp, and one very promising young half possibly ready for NRL. Sounds like they are just asking for some of their best young players to be poached.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers but a number of years ago they had;
  • James Tedesco
  • Mitchell Moses
  • Aaron Woods
  • Luke Brooks
all looking for big upgrades. I know if it was the Roosters they would have found a way to keep them all but it's not. So they prioritised Luke Brooks. Though even that would have been better than priortising Aaron Woods.

Anyway, not our problem but I'm just thinking, could one of those 4, Luai excluded, could be the answer for our halves problem? Milf and Kodi in the last year of their contracts now. SoS and Katoa with 2 more years.

Josh

QLD Cup
Bludger of a game. If not for Lomax, it would have been comical.
Seems to have hit the ground running. Almost likes he's happy.....
Jack de Belin was best on field.
It's an incredibly close competition this year but I tell you what, if or when Broncos get their best team on the ground, they are going to be so hard to beat. I think Penrith are right up there again as well. Warriors, Storm, Roosters and Dolphins next tier down. Probably can't beat Penrith or Broncos at the top of their game. Manly are a dark-horse. North QLD have the look of flat track bullies.

midlands hobo

Ill be honest I don't see us making the 8. May get into the top 10 but it depends on the injuries

Red

Forum staff
Ill be honest I don't see us making the 8. May get into the top 10 but it depends on the injuries
Those early easy wins fooled us into thinking we're better than we actually are but remember we had 4 of our best pack out last game, not counting Gilbert. Along with our best outside back and lost our 2nd best outside back after 20min.

I can see us making the 8 for sure.

midlands hobo

Those early easy wins fooled us into thinking we're better than we actually are but remember we had 4 of our best pack out last game, not counting Gilbert. Along with our best outside back and lost our 2nd best outside back after 20min.

I can see us making the 8 for sure.
We'll revisit this in September. Roosters, Brisbane and eels all are top 8 sides. Someone is going to be pushed out. I think depth of squad is again a problem. Val not 1st grade, mil has lost the plot, SOS ironically stands for help and can't offer it, who covers FB, Fuller? Either way we barely have 15 good first graders in the starting squad on a good week.

Call me a pessimistic sort but I think pragmatically, improve on last year, wait for the big squad change over in the next 2 years as the first signings leave or in most cases retire and the new signings and juniors back fill. Until then it's a holding pattern

Red

Forum staff
We'll revisit this in September. Roosters, Brisbane and eels all are top 8 sides. Someone is going to be pushed out. I think depth of squad is again a problem. Val not 1st grade, mil has lost the plot, SOS ironically stands for help and can't offer it, who covers FB, Fuller? Either way we barely have 15 good first graders in the starting squad on a good week.

Call me a pessimistic sort but I think pragmatically, improve on last year, wait for the big squad change over in the next 2 years as the first signings leave or in most cases retire and the new signings and juniors back fill. Until then it's a holding pattern
Disagree about Eels.

Jetty

QLD Cup

I also don't really rate Parramatta. Remember they lost to your second favourite team (Wests Tigers) after your second favourite team had a player sent to the sin bin. They are a different team with Moses in but he's out for another 10 weeks. By the time he's back, I think they'll be too far gone. Top 8 for me in any particular order is:
  • Dolphins
  • Brisbane
  • North QLD
  • Sydney Roosters
  • Penrith
  • Manly
  • Melbourne
  • Warriors

Reactions: Red