What's new

How bad will the Wests lose this week. (renamed)

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Don't know how an NRL team can be so bad, for so long.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Klemmer’s role in "appalling" Hastings incident​

Tigers outside back Tommy Talau’s post-match clash with former teammate Jackson Hastings has been labelled “the most appalling sportsmanship” by veteran rugby league reporter Phil Rothfield. Hastings caught the 22-year-old’s face in the 37th minute of the Knights 14-12 victory, breaking his nose. The young gun failed his HIA and was unable to return to the field. Hastings attempted to apologise to Talau after the match only for it to result in an angry confrontation in front of the TV camera.

The NRL360 panel agreed that Talau was in the wrong but Read defended Tigers prop David Klemmer who stepped in and exchanged words with Hastings.
Rothfield, however believed Klemmer’s action were “so out of order”.

“It was a pretty ordinary go from Tommy Talau, he went to apologise, you know the old saying, what happens on the field, stays on the field,” NRL360 co-host Paul Kent said. “That tackle, look it was not right but we see that most weekends now, and most blokes just get on with it.” “Kenty, it was the most appalling sportsmanship, once a game of rugby league is over and the siren goes and the players walk off,” Rothfield said.

“What happens on the field, stays on the field, but for that Klemmer, who only ran 81 metres during the game, he ran further to get involved in that than he did the whole game. “He was so out of order getting involved.”
I know Rothfield isn't very popular but in this case, I agree with him. If the Tigers player wanted to fight about that, Corey Oats must have wanted to publicly behead Scott Drinkwater. And what did Klemmar have to get involved for? He was even worse!

Chris

QLD Cup

I know Rothfield isn't very popular but in this case, I agree with him. If the Tigers player wanted to fight about that, Corey Oats must have wanted to publicly behead Scott Drinkwater. And what did Klemmar have to get involved for? He was even worse!
Klemmar was way out of line!

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member

Rothfield is in the current byeround podcast with James Graham. It's a good listen.

midlands hobo

So how badly will the tigers lose this week....

Any news on the fan protest? On the bye round podcast the had a tigers fans phone in. Depressing

Red

Forum staff
So how badly will the tigers lose this week....

Any news on the fan protest? On the bye round podcast the had a tigers fans phone in. Depressing
They have Bateman on the books now. Surely improvement is just around the corner.

Chris

QLD Cup
Not that bad but I think it's more how average Parramatta are.

midlands hobo

Another loss. I guess at least they are scoring points...

Perhaps the league should wind them up and form two new teams

midlands hobo

I can't make up my mind if they are playing amazingly well or if the cowboys are piss poor.

But it's a very good result for a team that looked like they couldn't beat an egg a few weeks back

Jetty

QLD Cup
I can't make up my mind if they are playing amazingly well or if the cowboys are piss poor.

But it's a very good result for a team that looked like they couldn't beat an egg a few weeks back
Combination of the two. They promoted a lot of younger players and imported a few tried and tested veterans like your man Bateman who seems to have picked up where he left off at Canberra. It took a while to get it together but they've got it together now.