What's new

2025 Pack

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Ok got some news for you.

Tom going under today. Stories about career ending are blown out of proportion.

Yes, there is a chance, like with any op, however, the operation will more then likely see him back.

This from a very good source

Josh

QLD Cup
Ok got some news for you.

Tom going under today. Stories about career ending are blown out of proportion.

Yes, there is a chance, like with any op, however, the operation will more then likely see him back.

This from a very good source
That's good. Fingers crossed he can be back early in 2025.

mr_c

QLD Cup
its experimental surgery , that could cause his injury to retire him of course theres going be concern from all angles some nerve transfers go better than other the fact that it had some the best sport surgeons concerned , tells you there was a need to be worried

Red

Forum staff
its experimental surgery , that could cause his injury to retire him of course theres going be concern from all angles some nerve transfers go better than other the fact that it had some the best sport surgeons concerned , tells you there was a need to be worried
If there was a chance it could get worse, I doubt they'd have gone ahead with it.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Nerve has to take hence 6 to 12 month frame some take some don't some take full year some dont

Jetty

QLD Cup
There is always a chance with any operation. Guy who worked at my last place never woke up after having his teeth out.
He had heart attack or aneurysm while under? There was a friendly who used to sit at the desk behind me. Maybe late 30s or early 40s. Seemed in good health. Not obese or anything like that. One day he just didn't come into work. Turned out the evening or night before while taking or just after taking a bath, died suddenly from an undiagnosed aneurysm.

Last edited:

Dolph

QLD Cup
There is always a chance with any operation. Guy who worked at my last place never woke up after having his teeth out.
For sure there is a chance something unforeseen can happen. He might walk out of the hospital and get hit by an out of control bus. But I don't think there is any possibility the operation will make his nerve damage worse.

mr_c

QLD Cup
For sure there is a chance something unforeseen can happen. He might walk out of the hospital and get hit by an out of control bus. But I don't think there is any possibility the operation will make his nerve damage worse.
It's more that the nerve needs heal n by heal I mean get it going right

Dolph

QLD Cup
It's more that the nerve needs heal n by heal I mean get it going right
If it works at all, it'll take a long time. 6months to a year according to the club. But it won't get any worse as a result of the operation.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
He had heart attack or aneurysm while under? There was a friendly who used to sit at the desk behind me. Maybe late 30s or early 40s. Seemed in good health. Not obese or anything like that. One day he just didn't come into work. Turned out the evening or night before while taking or just after taking a bath, died suddenly from an undiagnosed aneurysm.
I use to work in that field. Your story is generally what happens with Aneurysm’s.

Have one undiagnosed is very common.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Not sure what happened to be fair we were all just told he never came around