What's new

2024 predictions.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Possibly Staggs? I hear they have salary cap issues and won't be able to offer Staggs a new deal.
nah its not staggs hes fine they have cap issues but not majior they need one or two lower level seniors to go jensen is who i have heard theres about 6 clubs withcap issues but nothing majior you would pick jensen up cheap as does soild run metres for older prop

Josh

QLD Cup
nah its not staggs hes fine they have cap issues but not majior they need one or two lower level seniors to go jensen is who i have heard theres about 6 clubs withcap issues but nothing majior you would pick jensen up cheap as does soild run metres for older prop
Is Keeley going to be a prop or backrower? Kenny Bromwich is still around next year as well. I guess it will depend on whether we keep TPJ and if Flegler gets better.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Is Keeley going to be a prop or backrower? Kenny Bromwich is still around next year as well. I guess it will depend on whether we keep TPJ and if Flegler gets better.
back row they use fus as the prop

Blockade

QLD Cup
Will likely need to win four of their last seven to qualify for a playoff spot. Where amongst this schedule will the wins occur?

GC (h)
Syd (Perth)
NZ (h)
Cant (Bundy)
Melb (a)
Bris (h)
Newc (a)

Hopefully can account for GC and NZ (both touch and go). I'm not sure where the other two will come from. The game against Brisbane is shaping up to be a big one.

Josh

QLD Cup
We are still in a pretty good position with for and against but there are teams with some serious talent below us, like Broncos and Warriors and I can't see anyone above us dropping out.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
We are still in a pretty good position with for and against but there are teams with some serious talent below us, like Broncos and Warriors and I can't see anyone above us dropping out.
I think the Broncos are done. And I think we are just falling away in games, something I have faith that Bennett can turn around.

If I had to bet on Bennett or Walters turning around a slump its Bennett.

If you look historically, a lot of Bennett sides fall away at this time of the year, then surge into finals. Obviously, we are new, however, I am hoping he will do the same here.

Josh

QLD Cup
I think the Broncos are done. And I think we are just falling away in games, something I have faith that Bennett can turn around.

If I had to bet on Bennett or Walters turning around a slump its Bennett.

If you look historically, a lot of Bennett sides fall away at this time of the year, then surge into finals. Obviously, we are new, however, I am hoping he will do the same here.
Though Broncos undoubtedly have a lot more star-power in their line up.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Believe it or not, the Dolphins were 8-11 at the same stage last year which is only one game worse to where they currently sit. The difference being that they were languishing in 13th with a -93 f/a. Their positive f/a this year may allow them to sneak in with 12 wins. They will need to find three victories somewhere. Not easy when you are on a 2-7 run.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
updated for rd 26. Basically must win both the last two games to get to 30. I can't see the Eels beating the dragons so they get to 30 this week. Rd 27 Saturday 7th St George play Canberra and if they Win its all over for us. If they lose we go to Newcastle needing a win to make the 8 and Newcastle looking to spoil the party.
23ESTactual
ESTactual
ESTactual
EST
actual
EST
actual
6​
Dogs
28​
30​
30 (5th)
6​
Manly
29​
31​
6​
Manly
31​
33​
31 (got it wrong :D 7th)
6​
Cowboys
32​
34​
34. Yea i called it!
7​
Cowboys
28​
28​
7​
Cowboys
28​
30​
7​
Cowboys
30​
32​
(Bye) 6th
7​
Manly
31​
33​
8​
Dragons
26​
26​
8​
Dolphins
26​
26​
26 (9th)
8​
Dolphins
26​
26​
8​
Dragons
28​
30​
28 (what a game)
8​
Dolphins
28​
30​
9​
Dolphins
24​
26​
9​
Dragons
26​
28​
28 (8th)
9​
Dragons
28​
28​
9​
Brisbane
26​
26​
26 HAHA
9​
Knights
28​
28​
10​
Raiders
24​
24​
10​
Knights
24​
24​
10​
Raiders
24​
24​
26 (surprised!)
10​
Dolphins 262828
10​
Dragons
28​
30​
11​
Titans
22​
22​
11​
Raiders
24​
24​
11​
Knights
24​
26​
11​
Knights
26​
26​
11​
Raiders
28​
28​
12​
Knights
22​
24​
24 (10th)
12​
Broncos
22​
22​
24 (missed the bye)
12​
Titans
22​
22​
12​
Raiders
26​
26​
Final
6​
Dogs
36​
7​
Cowboys
32​
8​
Dolphins
30​
9​
Dragons
30​
10​
Raiders
26​
11​
Knights
26​
12​
Titans
24​

Last edited:

midlands hobo

i'm confused by the ladder Cowboy on pld 21 at 28 points. i'm not sure if they've had their bye accounted for already. If so they could only finish on 30 making a possible 3 way tie

Dolph

QLD Cup
i'm confused by the ladder Cowboy on pld 21 at 28 points. i'm not sure if they've had their bye accounted for already. If so they could only finish on 30 making a possible 3 way tie
They are the only team still in the hunt for a top 8 finish with a bye in hand.

midlands hobo

So looking at the table. We need to beat Broncos next week and for St George to lose Tomorrow as i'm betting they'll comfortably pass the eels next week.

That puts them on 30 and us on 28 leaving the Broncs on 26. If the Knights beat the titans it sets up a banger of a final round at the Macca j's stadium.

Assuming the above broncs could turn over the storm in the last round as i'm guessing they will rest as many of the sq as possible ahead of playoffs but it makes no difference as they would be on 28.

We beat the Knights to go to 30 (if they beat the titans next they go to 28 so its a proper big game when we go there all square on 28)

Its not in our own control anymore, we need the sharks to beat the dragon tomorrow, I'd back the dragons to beat the eels next week putting them on 30 going into the final round. Where we need Canberra to be our closest and dearest southern friends for life and beat the dragons in the last rd.

Josh

QLD Cup
Dragons going down. So our fate is back in our hands. Need to beat Broncos next week.

Blockade

QLD Cup
Dragons v Parra is in the 3 PM timeslot on Saturday so the two teams will know what's at stake.

The Dolphins will treat this as a mini GF. WB will have them pumped and they are a huge chance despite their dramatic slide.

All the pressure will be on the Broncos. They are playing a cross town rival who are in their second year and were built from scratch in a mere 18 months. They shouldn't be in this situation after having nine fingers on the trophy last year. The local media will be hyping this game up this week and the Broncos will be going in as healthy favourites. Absolutely no pressure on the Dolphin boys as no one expects them to win which is why they will.

Unavailable for the Broncos will be Mam, Walsh, Hetherington, Haas. Dolphins will be without KNik, Jessie B along with the long term casualties. JMK and TPJ are rumoured to be returning this week. Either way, I'm tipping a close game. Both teams are mediocre along with the other teams battling for that final spot. But make no mistake, this is a massive game for a plethora of reasons.

Josh

QLD Cup
Dragons v Parra is in the 3 PM timeslot on Saturday so the two teams will know what's at stake.

The Dolphins will treat this as a mini GF. WB will have them pumped and they are a huge chance despite their dramatic slide.

All the pressure will be on the Broncos. They are playing a cross town rival who are in their second year and were built from scratch in a mere 18 months. They shouldn't be in this situation after having nine fingers on the trophy last year. The local media will be hyping this game up this week and the Broncos will be going in as healthy favourites. Absolutely no pressure on the Dolphin boys as no one expects them to win which is why they will.

Unavailable for the Broncos will be Mam, Walsh, Hetherington, Haas. Dolphins will be without KNik, Jessie B along with the long term casualties. JMK and TPJ are rumoured to be returning this week. Either way, I'm tipping a close game. Both teams are mediocre along with the other teams battling for that final spot. But make no mistake, this is a massive game for a plethora of reasons.
I'm in all honesty tipping the Dolphins. I know I do every week but I didn't really think we'd beat Melbourne yesterday.

Dolph

QLD Cup

Today helped our cause but still need to win both our remaining games and hope they lose to Parra or Canberra.

midlands hobo

Dragons going down. So our fate is back in our hands. Need to beat Broncos next week.
sadly its not in our own hands no matter what we do it is reliant on the dragons results going our way. If the dragons win their next two what we do is irrelevant.