What's new

2024 predictions.

midlands hobo

Dolphins Pod squad member
Some good progress but depth still an issue. Origin could be an issue.

10th at best

Red

Forum staff
Some good progress but depth still an issue. Origin could be an issue.

10th at best
Before Gilbert went down, I was thinking top 8 for sure. Now I'll reserve my judgement until I see:
  • Is it indeed an ACL injury.
  • Who is going to replace him if it is.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Before Gilbert went down, I was thinking top 8 for sure. Now I'll reserve my judgement until I see:
  • Is it indeed an ACL injury.
  • Who is going to replace him if it is.
it be like last year and today stone and kenny off the bench or vice versa

Blockade

QLD Cup
Could finish in the 7th to 11th corridor but would need a clean injury slate. TG going down yesterday is the last thing they needed. Still way too many major deficiencies in this squad to realistically consider a playoff berth. Even improvement in these areas will probably see them finishing 10th.

Josh

QLD Cup
Yesterday was a wake up call. Warriors forwards were dominating even before Tommy went down. I'm going to be optimistic and say 7th or 8th.

Dolph

QLD Cup
At least two losses to the Broncos I reckon ;-)
I'm going for us and Broncos to go 1-1. Gilbert is a huge loss but Ray Stone is a seamless replacement.

6th spot after the last round.

Blockade

QLD Cup
I've had a look at the remaining schedule and have made a few predictions. I have the Dolphins finishing 15-9 which includes a maiden victory over their cross town rivals.

It's all speculation of course and anything can happen but 15 wins will certainly get them into the playoffs but will probably leave them short of the top 4.

13 wins should be the cut off this year meaning that the Dolphins only have to win half their remaining games. Not as easy as it sounds though. This team is hard to predict because they have dropped games they should have won eg. Newc, NZ, Canb etc. It will be an exciting couple months.

Last edited:

Jetty

QLD Cup
I've had a look at the remaining schedule and have made a few predictions. I have the Dolphins finishing 15-9 which includes a maiden victory over their cross town rivals.

It's all speculation of course and anything can happen but 15 wins will certainly get them into the playoffs but will probably leave them short of the top 4.

13 wins should be the cut off this year meaning that the Dolphins only have to win half their remaining games. Easier than it sounds though. This team is hard to predict because they have dropped games they should have won eg. Newc, NZ, Canb etc. It will be an exciting couple months.
That will be awesome if it includes making a big contribution to them missing the finals. Which is very possible at this stage, as unthinkable as it was before the season started.

Reactions: Red

Blockade

QLD Cup

13 wins should be the cut off this year meaning that the Dolphins only have to win half their remaining games. Not as easy as it sounds though. This team is hard to predict because they have dropped games they should have won eg. Newc, NZ, Canb etc. It will be an exciting couple months.
Have to settle for 14-10 now. But with a lacklustre performance against StG and a season ending injury to JMK, I may have to reconsider some of these predictions. I can't help but to think it is going to be really tough going from here on in.

Blockade

QLD Cup
It's a little ways off but the rd. 26 clash vs the Broncos could be a big one. The result may determine a playoff spot or not. Although, I think the Broncos may be out of contention by then. They are in big trouble. I'm hoping the Dolphins won't be in the same boat.

Dolph

QLD Cup
Have to settle for 14-10 now. But with a lacklustre performance against StG and a season ending injury to JMK, I may have to reconsider some of these predictions. I can't help but to think it is going to be really tough going from here on in.
2 years in a row we've been decimated by injury. Really need a decent back up hooker. JMK is quite slight for a hooker. I think his injuries aren't just bad luck. But we really need him. I think one could make a case for him being the most important player in the team.

mr_c

QLD Cup
2 years in a row we've been decimated by injury. Really need a decent back up hooker. JMK is quite slight for a hooker. I think his injuries aren't just bad luck. But we really need him. I think one could make a case for him being the most important player in the team.
It showed last game

Josh

QLD Cup
A few games we should have win are going to come back to bite us and we are just going to miss the 8, IMO. Thinking about the Newcastle game specifically but also as you said, the lackluster effort against the Dragons. Golden Point loss to Canberra is another.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Fox Sport predicts us finishing 5th. Hope they are right but I think a bit optimistic.

DOLPHINS (22 points, +40)

Predicted finish: 5th​

Chance of finishing top eight: 75.4%​

Chance of finishing top four: 19.8%​

Chance of winning minor premiership: 0.6%​

Remaining games: Rabbitohs (H), Panthers (A), Titans (H), Roosters (H), Warriors (H), Bulldogs (A), Storm (A),​

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins outfit started the year strongly but have faded in recent months, winning just once in their last five outings. Fortunately for them their form slide hasn’t left them hopelessly chasing a top eight place. However, they face one of the tougher run homes with games against the resurgent Rabbitohs, Panthers, free-scoring Roosters, Bulldogs and Melbourne Storm all waiting for the NRL’s newest side before the end of the year. It’s a tough task for Bennett’s outfit, especially considering the absence of star hooker Jeremy Marshall-King until the last few rounds of the season, but not impossible.

Josh

QLD Cup
Fox Sport predicts us finishing 5th. Hope they are right but I think a bit optimistic.

DOLPHINS (22 points, +40)

Predicted finish: 5th​

Chance of finishing top eight: 75.4%​

Chance of finishing top four: 19.8%​

Chance of winning minor premiership: 0.6%​

Remaining games: Rabbitohs (H), Panthers (A), Titans (H), Roosters (H), Warriors (H), Bulldogs (A), Storm (A),​

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins outfit started the year strongly but have faded in recent months, winning just once in their last five outings. Fortunately for them their form slide hasn’t left them hopelessly chasing a top eight place. However, they face one of the tougher run homes with games against the resurgent Rabbitohs, Panthers, free-scoring Roosters, Bulldogs and Melbourne Storm all waiting for the NRL’s newest side before the end of the year. It’s a tough task for Bennett’s outfit, especially considering the absence of star hooker Jeremy Marshall-King until the last few rounds of the season, but not impossible.
Wildly optimistic but a chance so lets wait and see.

Red

Forum staff
This will be good (as in interesting) if it comes to pass. They are going to blame it on us taking Herbie and Flegler. Speaking of Flegler, anyone have any info on what his status is? Shoulder getting better?

WHY BENNETT REMAINS BRONCOS’ WORST NIGHTMARE

We all know there is absolutely no love lost between Wayne Bennett and the Broncos. So imagine the fallout if Bennett’s Dolphins hold on to make the top eight this year, and the NRL’s powerhouse club miss the cut.

On the back of the Dolphins’ gutsy 36-28 win over the Rabbitohs, the Broncos’ worst nightmare is looking more and more likely. Who in their right mind would have predicted the Dolphins would be six competition points clear of the Broncos at this point of the season? Remember, Bennett was sacked after the Broncos finished 5th in 2018 because the club thought he was too old and had lost touch with the modern game.

That came after Bennett had taken the Broncos to 21 consecutive finals appearances during two coaching stints at the club (1992-08 and 2015-18 where he also won six premierships). As embarrassing as it was for everyone concerned to watch Bennett’s success at the Rabbitohs, this would be an even bigger disaster given the Dolphins live on the Broncos’ doorstep.

mr_c

QLD Cup
This will be good (as in interesting) if it comes to pass. They are going to blame it on us taking Herbie and Flegler. Speaking of Flegler, anyone have any info on what his status is? Shoulder getting better?

WHY BENNETT REMAINS BRONCOS’ WORST NIGHTMARE

We all know there is absolutely no love lost between Wayne Bennett and the Broncos. So imagine the fallout if Bennett’s Dolphins hold on to make the top eight this year, and the NRL’s powerhouse club miss the cut.

On the back of the Dolphins’ gutsy 36-28 win over the Rabbitohs, the Broncos’ worst nightmare is looking more and more likely. Who in their right mind would have predicted the Dolphins would be six competition points clear of the Broncos at this point of the season? Remember, Bennett was sacked after the Broncos finished 5th in 2018 because the club thought he was too old and had lost touch with the modern game.

That came after Bennett had taken the Broncos to 21 consecutive finals appearances during two coaching stints at the club (1992-08 and 2015-18 where he also won six premierships). As embarrassing as it was for everyone concerned to watch Bennett’s success at the Rabbitohs, this would be an even bigger disaster given the Dolphins live on the Broncos’ doorstep.
going be more intresting i am hearing we have two players from broncos looking closely at us 1 a jnr not started in broncos 30 one top 3o players