What's new

State of Origin 2024

Red

Forum staff
I had a feeling. They were the better team for large parts of the game with 12 on the field. Then Murray compared to McInnes and Moses compared to Hynes is a massive upgrade. Kafusi has been great for us this year so far but better than David Fifita? Seriously?

Jetty

QLD Cup
Damn. Quite game from Hammer and I seriously would have picked Fifita, a game breaker, over one of a number of "solid", "hardworking" QLD forwards.

Red

Forum staff
Need an influx of talent. A lot of the QLD from this series have been around a long time.
  • DCE has to go but for who? Sam Walker? I don't really rate him from what I've seen so far. The only part of his game I rate are his attacking kicks. If Katoa was available for QLD he'd be a special, IMO. Might have even been selected this year.
  • Holmes isn't bad. he still goes ok but been around a long time. Who is there to take his place? Cobbo? Not even half the centre or winger, IMO.
  • Gagai is gone. No doubt at all. But once again, who is going to replace him? Who are the good, young QLD centres?
  • Ben Hunt has played his last Origin game. But Grant proved he is quite far from an 80min player. So who is backing him up?
  • Kafusi is gone but that won't be a problem. Fifita will come in.
  • Capewell will be gone but again, Tino will be available, hopefully Flegler and a few other good forwards. Luki or our Finefeuiaki and/or Gilbert.
QLD are ok for forwards. Very good actually but halves and backs are a big problem from what I've seen this year.