What's new

Round 9: North QLD Cowboys vs Dolphins

Red

Forum staff
Origin is the same ball game but of higher quality. No reason Hammer couldn't be a great NRL centre though I think he's doing well as a fullback. Needs to develop his game game more to become that fullback but is still pretty good. If we get a top fullback come through the grades in the next year or two and Hammer isn't needed at centre, can send him on his way as Cowboys did.
I haven't given up on Hammer. Even as is he's a good fullback. But the best fullback score themselves and set up a lot of tries. Hammer only scores a lot himself at present.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I haven't given up on Hammer. Even as is he's a good fullback. But the best fullback score themselves and set up a lot of tries. Hammer only scores a lot himself at present.
Hammer is one of our best but not as good as Tedesco, Ponga, Walsh, T Turbo.

Liverbird with Phins up

Dolphins Pod NRL team
Origin is the same ball game but of higher quality. No reason Hammer couldn't be a great NRL centre though I think he's doing well as a fullback. Needs to develop his game game more to become that fullback but is still pretty good. If we get a top fullback come through the grades in the next year or two and Hammer isn't needed at centre, can send him on his way as Cowboys did.
If moving Hammer from fullback to Centre, is to try and accommodate Fuller, I think the idea has merit.

However, how do we do it, 6 players doesn't go into 5 spots.

Alas, don't despair. I have thought about it.

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Averillo

alternatively

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Bostock
6. Averillo
7. Katoa

Not perfect just an idea.

I have seen hammer defend in origin at centre, I have no worries. However, defensively I do believe Farnworth and Averillo are the better options.

Dont forget Nui as a backup option

Josh

QLD Cup
If moving Hammer from fullback to Centre, is to try and accommodate Fuller, I think the idea has merit.

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Averillo

alternatively

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Bostock
6. Averillo
7. Katoa

I have seen hammer defend in origin at centre, I have no worries. However, defensively I do believe Farnworth and Averillo are the better options.

Another idea is Averillo at fullback. Everyone wants Fuller to do well but I doubt he's big enough for NRL week in, week out. I wish it wasn't so and I hope I'm wrong.

Blockade

QLD Cup

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Averillo

alternatively

1. Fuller
2. Isaako
3. Hammer
4. Farnworth
5. Bostock
6. Averillo
7. Katoa

At 850K per annum, that would make him one of the highest paid centres in the sport. It won't happen. Hammer is the long term FB. Fuller will possibly latch onto another NRL club.

Chris

QLD Cup
At 850K per annum, that would make him one of the highest paid centres in the sport. It won't happen. Hammer is the long term FB. Fuller will possibly latch onto another NRL club.
I think Val Holmes who was signed to be a fullback but is now a centre is on more than that.

mr_c

QLD Cup
Like some kind of clause in his contract where his salary would drop if he wasn't fullback?
yeah nrl has structual causes as generally the fullback is the highest back unless you got young guys hence why lot good players like go to full back

Equaliser

This is the updated NQ team. Clifford comes in for Townsend, not a huge loss in my opinion but other than that, only missing who was already a fringe first grade centre. Would be nice if they had a few more missing but a good test for us.
  1. Scott Drinkwater
  2. Kyle Feldt
  3. Valentine Holmes
  4. Viliami Vailea
  5. Semi Valemei
  6. Tom Dearden
  7. Jake Clifford
  8. Jordan McLean
  9. Reece Robson
  10. Griffin Neame
  11. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki
  12. Jeremiah Nanai
  13. Reuben Cotter

14. Heilum Luki
  15. Thomas Mikaele
  16. Sam McIntyre
  17. Jason Taumalolo

18. Jake Granville

Equaliser

Plaths defence is keeping us in games. 2 try savers in the first set, either side of the field.

midlands hobo

A much more civilised 10:35am KO. Just watched the titans game. Got to admit that last challenge was a disgrace