What's new

Round 8 Dolphins vs Gold Coast Titans

Red

Forum staff
There are just no easy games. Niu back will be a big inclusion. None of Bostock, Lee and Jennings cut it on the wing. The latter 2 are no longer NRL standard and the former probably won't be in the NRL until next year barring injuries. I think he was the best of those 3. Wallace will also be back. He was having a blinder until he was forced off against the Cowboys.

On a dimmer note, GC might be getting Brimson back.

Chris

QLD Cup

DOLPHINS v TITANS

Sunday, 2pm, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Dolphins:
Kenny Bromwich has copped a one game ban for dangerous contact.
This will be somewhat offset by the return of Felise Kaufusi from suspension.
Tesi Niu is a chance to return from an ankle injury and would replace Robert Jennings on the wing if cleared.
Jarrod Wallace returns from a concussion.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Team Tips: The cavalry is scheduled to return for the Dolphins, with Felise Kaufusi (suspension), Tesi Niu (knee) and Jarrod Wallace (head knock) all in the frame for selection. It presents Wayne Bennett with the quite the selection headache. Connelly Lemuelu has impressed on the edge and could be moved to the bench, although that move may wait a week with Kenneath Bromwich taking the early plea for a hit on Taane Milne. He is set to miss one week accordingly. Wallace, meanwhile, is likely to return off the bench as he did in the previous three games before his head knock.

Equaliser

Tesi will be a big inclusion. Kafusi > Bromwich though I rate both.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Team Tips: The cavalry is scheduled to return for the Dolphins, with Felise Kaufusi (suspension), Tesi Niu (knee) and Jarrod Wallace (head knock) all in the frame for selection. It presents Wayne Bennett with the quite the selection headache. Connelly Lemuelu has impressed on the edge and could be moved to the bench, although that move may wait a week with Kenneath Bromwich taking the early plea for a hit on Taane Milne. He is set to miss one week accordingly. Wallace, meanwhile, is likely to return off the bench as he did in the previous three games before his head knock.
Wallace in for JJ Collins, Kafusi in for Browmich and Niu in for Jennings.

Jetty

QLD Cup
The problem is, this team has proven good and able to match it with the top teams but are just lacking one big player in order to be one of the top teams.

Josh

QLD Cup

Dolphins vs Gold Coast Titans

Dolphins team:
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Robert Jennings
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. JJ Collins

No Tessi Niu. Big loss. Because the 3 replacements used so far have proven not to be able to cut it.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

Dolphins team:
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Robert Jennings
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. JJ Collins

No Tessi Niu. Big loss. Because the 3 replacements used so far have proven not to be able to cut it.
Nervous about this. They are going to score a lot of points. So will we but do we have enough points in us when playing Wayne's style?

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:
  1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Robert Jennings
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Felise Kaufusi
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. JJ Collins

Might be time to try Te Whare in 1st grade. He has been playing well in a losing team for Redcliffe. Got hammered 60-4 on the weekend, not a good sign so far this season for future local depth.

Chris

QLD Cup
Might be time to try Te Whare in 1st grade. He has been playing well in a losing team for Redcliffe. Got hammered 60-4 on the weekend, not a good sign so far this season for future local depth.
From reports I've gotten, he isn't really cutting it even in QLD Cup.

Chris

QLD Cup
Late Mail: Felise Kaufusi returns from suspension in place of back-rower Kenny Bromwich. Kurt Donoghoe retains his place on the bench, with Mason Teague and Valynce Te Whare named in the reserves.

No surprises. Teague has to learn to play significant minutes as a hooker if he wants anymore NRL game time this year. Donoghoe is clearly ahead of him as a forward utility.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
From reports I've gotten, he isn't really cutting it even in QLD Cup.
That's strange, e has been really good the games I've seen, especially against Wynnum a few weeks ago. I guess he hasn't had the attacking opportunities so far this year like he did last year when he got best centre in the QRL, but he has been solid I thought.

Josh

QLD Cup
That's strange, e has been really good the games I've seen, especially against Wynnum a few weeks ago. I guess he hasn't had the attacking opportunities so far this year like he did last year when he got best centre in the QRL, but he has been solid I thought.
Where do you get info about the QLD Cup?

Equaliser

Big game this. Win and I think we can at least book tickets for the finals. Considering we are less likely to be badly affected by Origin selections and still haven't had a bye.

Red

Forum staff
Titans all out attack could be a bogey team team for our conservative game.

Chris

QLD Cup
✖ Penalties for high tackles when the player is falling and around waist level.
✖ Going overboard with the hip drop penalties.
✖ Going overboard with protecting kickers.