What's new

Round 7: Dolphins vs South Sydney

Red

Forum staff
One of the pre-season favourites. And as far as I know, they are at full strength. At least none of their big guns are out.

Red

Forum staff
Yep but win it and I think we can forget about just making the finals and start thinking top 4.
In my view, making all these super-optimistic predictions so early in the season is doing the team a disservice.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
In my view, making all these super-optimistic predictions so early in the season is doing the team a disservice.
I'm sure Wayne is keeping the team down-to-earth and focused in the way which only Wayne can.

I agree though, the moment the team starts believing they are a shoe-in and lose the underdog 'us against them' mentality, will be the moment they capitulate - aka Broncos style last season.

I feel our biggest strength is the team culture/mentality which is driving them to doggedly compete for 80 mins. On paper Souths have got us in almost every single position and we look no chance. However, I reckon this week we will get them, especially because Mitchell just had his big game this week and will go MIA for the next few weeks again.

Red

Forum staff
I'm sure Wayne is keeping the team down-to-earth and focused in the way which only Wayne can.

I agree though, the moment the team starts believing they are a shoe-in and lose the underdog 'us against them' mentality, will be the moment they capitulate - aka Broncos style last season.

I feel our biggest strength is the team culture/mentality which is driving them to doggedly compete for 80 mins. On paper Souths have got us in almost every single position and we look no chance. However, I reckon this week we will get them, especially because Mitchell just had his big game this week and will go MIA for the next few weeks again.
Yep. Well said!

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

Mitchell looks like he has a similar diet to Brenko Lee.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Another plus for us will be the way Wayne knows any weaknesses in Souths big guns. Cook and Cody Walker are well passed their best. Cameron Murray is a good player. No doubt.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I really hope Bostock gets the nod over Edrick Lee this week. Be good for him to get a home game and more experience under his belt. I don;t see much upside to Edrick tbh, even with his experience.

Josh

QLD Cup
I really hope Bostock gets the nod over Edrick Lee this week. Be good for him to get a home game and more experience under his belt. I don;t see much upside to Edrick tbh, even with his experience.
Bostock was targeted and smashed by the Dragons. I think he needs at least the majority of this season in the QLD Cup. Next year, he'll be ready to go in the NRL. That's my view.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Obviously I'm not going to second guess Benny but surely Oliver Gildart has more to offer than Brenko Lee. He is playing for the Capra's. I don't know how he has been going but the team has been winning.

Red

Forum staff
Obviously I'm not going to second guess Benny but surely Oliver Gildart has more to offer than Brenko Lee. He is playing for the Capra's. I don't know how he has been going but the team has been winning.
Brenko has had ample chances but has proven to be a weak link. He needs to lose a few kgs and gain some speed as a result. Being that fat is very unprofessional! I'm surprised Wayne has put up with it for this long.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Bostock was targeted and smashed by the Dragons. I think he needs at least the majority of this season in the QLD Cup. Next year, he'll be ready to go in the NRL. That's my view.
He was targeted but he still made more metres from his runs than Edrick did without too much resistance. He won't be targeted like that every week. I just really don't see any upside in playing a 30 year old winger who has lost his speed and doesn;t offer much at all. Who else have we got that could come in?

Jetty

QLD Cup
He was targeted but he still made more metres from his runs than Edrick did without too much resistance. He won't be targeted like that every week. I just really don't see any upside in playing a 30 year old winger who has lost his speed and doesn;t offer much at all. Who else have we got that could come in?
Interesting. I think he definitely offers more than Brenko Lee now but getting targeted and smashed each week won't do anything good at all for his confidence.

Equaliser

He seemed to me to be getting worse as the game went on. I thought he did well but was obviously tough going. I think it'd serve the team better to leave him in the QLD Cup for now and then revisit NRL in a few weeks or at the back end of the season.

Equaliser

Interesting. I think he definitely offers more than Brenko Lee now but getting targeted and smashed each week won't do anything good at all for his confidence.
I think you mean Edrick Lee. Really neither of them are NRL standard anymore.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I think you mean Edrick Lee. Really neither of them are NRL standard anymore.
Yep, Edrick though his cousin has hardly been a standout. Won't Tessi be back this week? It's been 3 weeks and I thought 3 weeks was pretty standard for an MCL strain.