What's new

Round 6 North Queensland Cowboys vs Dolphins

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
  • Isaako.... It seemed like he panicked. He thought "I've just played a near perfect 40min for a winger and no mistakes. That can't keep happening."

This is what you get with Jamayne. He WILL break your heart....

a missed kick in front
a kick off goes over the deadball line
a dropped ball.....a missed tackle

all or anything of those things WILL happen, when the game is on the line.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League

a missed kick in front

That was the Broncos model. Our model is more reliable.

Nashy

Broncos Scout

a missed kick in front

They've still got Tesi though...

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
That was the Broncos model. Our model is more reliable.
I was almost going to say as such at half-time.......but then he played the 2nd half and

well......

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I was almost going to say as such at half-time.......but then he played the 2nd half and

well......

sucks-happy-gilmore.gif
First he threw the ball at the Hammer's knees for some reason. And then because the Hammer actually caught it, he made no attempt to catch Kotoa's perfect pass to put him away. Like he just didn't believe he could catch it even though it was right in his bread-basket.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Red

Forum staff

a missed kick in front

That pass from Kotoa he dropped, if it was anyone else, I'd think he was on the punt, betting against the Dolphins. He didn't believe for a second he was going to catch that even though it was basically a perfect pass.

Red

Forum staff
Anyone want to nominate the 3, 2 and 1 best players from last night? 3 = best and 1 = 3rd best.
  1. Lemuelu
  2. JMK
  3. The Hammer

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Anyone want to nominate the 3, 2 and 1 best players from last night? 3 = best and 1 = 3rd best.
  1. Lemuelu
  2. JMK
  3. The Hammer
1. Gilbert
2. Hammer
3. JMK

JMK is so important to this team. He sets such a quick pace getting the forwards moving forward, always threatens the defense, and comes up with a mountain of tackles. He also seems to have a knack for always choosing the right option at the right time and rarely overplays his hand.

Definitely a clunky game but so stoked as to see them get the win.

Chris

QLD Cup
1. Gilbert
2. Hammer
3. JMK

JMK is so important to this team. He sets such a quick pace getting the forwards moving forward, always threatens the defense, and comes up with a mountain of tackles. He also seems to have a knack for always choosing the right option at the right time and rarely overplays his hand.

Definitely a clunky game but so stoked as to see them get the win.
Flip a coin between the Hammer and JMK for best and between Gilbert and Lemuelu for 3rd best.
  1. Gilbert
  2. JMK
  3. Hammer

Jetty

QLD Cup
Flip a coin between the Hammer and JMK for best and between Gilbert and Lemuelu for 3rd best.
  1. Gilbert
  2. JMK
  3. Hammer
Lemuelu was good but I didn't think anywhere near the top 3. Euan Aitken was massive! Making metres, busting tackles, not missing any tackles, no mistakes.
  1. Gilbert
  2. Aitken
  3. JMK

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Lemuelu was good but I didn't think anywhere near the top 3. Euan Aitken was massive! Making metres, busting tackles, not missing any tackles, no mistakes.
  1. Gilbert
  2. Aitken
  3. JMK
Aitken was good, but what about Hammer?

Jetty

QLD Cup
Aitken was good, but what about Hammer?
A really hard game to nominate a best 3 but someone had to miss out. I think Aitken deserves to be among at least 1 of the 3 so it came down to Hammer or Gilbert for 1 point. I flipped a coin and went with Gilbert.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
A really hard game to nominate a best 3 but someone had to miss out. I think Aitken deserves to be among at least 1 of the 3 so it came down to Hammer or Gilbert for 1 point. I flipped a coin and went with Gilbert.
Hammer got 2 tries, 1 try assists, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists, 9 tackle busts and 130m from 13 runs. Aitken got 140m from 13 runs and 5 tackle busts and 13 tackles.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Hammer got 2 tries, 1 try assists, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists, 9 tackle busts and 130m from 13 runs. Aitken got 140m from 13 runs and 5 tackle busts and 13 tackles.
Hammer did some great things. Especially that try of course. Aitken took the ball forward again and again, sometimes when the team was on the back foot. Gave them forward momentum, shut down their speedy outside backs. Heavily involved, no mistakes. I had to give him 1 or 2 points. The Hammer was massive and I'm a big fan but as I said, someone had to miss out.

I don't really like spine players always getting all the accolades. If Aitken and Gilbert didn't their job so well, JMK as well, the Hammer wouldn't have been able to demonstrate his ability to such an extent. Just the way I see it.

Red

Forum staff
Hammer did some great things. Especially that try of course. Aitken took the ball forward again and again, sometimes when the team was on the back foot. Gave them forward momentum, shut down their speedy outside backs. Heavily involved, no mistakes. I had to give him 1 or 2 points. The Hammer was massive and I'm a big fan but as I said, someone had to miss out.

I don't really like spine players always getting all the accolades. If Aitken and Gilbert didn't their job so well, JMK as well, the Hammer wouldn't have been able to demonstrate his ability to such an extent. Just the way I see it.
Actually, looking at the stats, I want to change. Lemuelu's work was first class but much less of it than others.
  1. Gilbert
  2. JMK
  3. Hammer

Bluey

Pod Calf
Do you guys think JMK was the difference last night to the previous 2 weeks? Sure we lost our 7 two weeks in a row early but JMK to Katoa with Hammer out the back: We looked faster than even the first 3 weeks I thought. A 9 that can get you on the front foot is a must have.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Do you guys think JMK was the difference last night to the previous 2 weeks? Sure we lost our 7 two weeks in a row early but JMK to Katoa with Hammer out the back: We looked faster than even the first 3 weeks I thought. A 9 that can get you on the front foot is a must have.

Try line attack was a little off, but it's to be expected with your play makers sitting out. Defence last night on the wings looks fairly ordinary. Wingers leaving their wing has always been a bit of a Bennett trick, have never liked it.

Josh

QLD Cup
Last week did things go to shit because Milf went off or because JMK moved into the halves and Ray Stone to hooker? Maybe a bit of both.