What's new

Round 6 North Queensland Cowboys vs Dolphins

Chris

QLD Cup
Niko should be back. Or will be back. His running game might really compliment Kotoa, and his lack of running.

So it's not as gloomy as one might think. It might have to suffice for a while. Until he went off and except for that terrible kick about 10min in, I thought Milf was playing well.

Bostock wasn't bad but they definitely targeted him. In a perfect world, he'd have at least another half season in QLD Cup.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I reckon if Albert Kelly can get a bit more match fit he is exactly what we need to slot in and help the halves depth. He seems a bit sluggish and big right now, but his experience would be awesome right now.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
I reckon if Albert Kelly can get a bit more match fit he is exactly what we need to slot in and help the halves depth. He seems a bit sluggish and big right now, but his experience would be awesome right now.
Another one! The following need to lose 2 kg by round 7!
  • Kenny Bromwich
  • Anthony Milford
  • Brenko Lee
  • Albert Kelly
Personally I'd prefer to go with Niko even if Kelly wasn't fat.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
  • Kenny Bromwich
  • Anthony Milford
  • Brenko Lee
  • Albert Kelly
In other news, Redcliffe Maccas has reported record earnings for the previous 2 quarters.

• Wow
Reactions: Red

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
  • Kenny Bromwich
  • Anthony Milford
  • Brenko Lee
  • Albert Kelly
Even though Jack Bird hasn't been near the place.

• Wow
Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Cowboys missing Nanai but getting Drinkwater back. Tommy Gilbert and the Hammer will both have a point to prove. I'm not sure what was going through their heads to let Tommy go. I think he might be a big part of the season they have gone so radically downhill this year.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
providing he can stay sober long enough to put his boots on.

tommy

Pod Calf
What’s the media up in Queensland doing with this game? Anything?

Red

Forum staff
What’s the media up in Queensland doing with this game? Anything?
Nothing out of the ordinary, as far as I can see. Nothing like the Broncos game. I guess we have lost our last 2 and so far this year, Cowboys are rubbish. So it's understandable.

Red

Forum staff
Last week’s Dolphins team: 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Euan Aitken 4. Brenko Lee 5. Jack Bostock 6. Isaiya Katoa 7. Anthony Milford 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Herman Ese’ese 11. Kenny Bromwich 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Tom Gilbert 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Ray Stone 17. Mason Teague

Team Tips: The Dolphins face a halves crisis, with Anthony Milford (hamstring) facing up to a month on the sidelines joining Sean O’Sullivan in the casualty ward. Isaiya Katoa will switch to halfback with Kodi Nikorima due back from a facial cut and expected to play five-eighth, according to Wayne Bennett. Prop Hemran Ese’ese can escape with a fine for a dangerous contact charge.

Chris

QLD Cup
Last week’s Dolphins team: 1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Euan Aitken 4. Brenko Lee 5. Jack Bostock 6. Isaiya Katoa 7. Anthony Milford 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Herman Ese’ese 11. Kenny Bromwich 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Tom Gilbert 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Mark Nicholls 16. Ray Stone 17. Mason Teague

Team Tips: The Dolphins face a halves crisis, with Anthony Milford (hamstring) facing up to a month on the sidelines joining Sean O’Sullivan in the casualty ward. Isaiya Katoa will switch to halfback with Kodi Nikorima due back from a facial cut and expected to play five-eighth, according to Wayne Bennett. Prop Hemran Ese’ese can escape with a fine for a dangerous contact charge.
It'll be interesting to see if Bostock is picked again. I don't think he was bad against the Dragons but they certainly targeted him and he was certainly doing it tough by full-time. He'll be an excellent centre in the future but he's not ready for NRL every week yet.

Jetty

QLD Cup

Dolphins team:​

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Edrick Lee
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Poasa Faamausili
  19. Mason Teague
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Jack Bostock
  22. Robert Jennings

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Edrick Lee
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Poasa Faamausili
  19. Mason Teague
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Jack Bostock
  22. Robert Jennings
I feel sorry for young Bostock, he was heavily targeted last week because of his old team and still held up ok for his first game. Hopefully this doesn't affect his confidence moving forward.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Good to see Donoghoe get another chance even though he struggled when he went on at hooker previously. Hope he's had a few weeks practice in the QLD Cup. What team does he play for in the QLD Cup anyway? I know it isn't Redcliffe, unless he has been injured.

Jetty

QLD Cup
I feel sorry for young Bostock, he was heavily targeted last week because of his old team and still held up ok for his first game. Hopefully this doesn't affect his confidence moving forward.
He'll be better for a little longer in the QLD Cup. He did fine last week but toward the end of the game, he looked liked it was getting a little hard for him.

Josh

QLD Cup

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
  2. Jamayne Isaako
  3. Euan Aitken
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Edrick Lee
  6. Kodi Nikorima
  7. Isaiya Katoa
  8. Jesse Bromwich
  9. Jeremy Marshall-King
  10. Herman Ese’ese
  11. Kenny Bromwich
  12. Connelly Lemuelu
  13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace
  15. Mark Nicholls
  16. Ray Stone
  17. Kurt Donoghoe

18. Poasa Faamausili
  19. Mason Teague
  20. JJ Collins
  21. Jack Bostock
  22. Robert Jennings
How much longer is Tesi Niu out for? If 9, 6 or 7 go down with a long-term injury, big trouble.

Josh

QLD Cup
Obviously Jesse Bromwich is out. I guess that means Kenny is going to be C.

Red

Forum staff
Obviously Jesse Bromwich is out. I guess that means Kenny is going to be C.
Just can't catch a break. The one big problem we had was the lack of depth. But if we could keep the squad relatively healthy, we'd do well. So of course we were always going to have injury/suspension crisis at the start of the season....

Nashy

Broncos Scout
I dunno lads. I think the Cowboys might have a bit of a field day here.