What's new

Round 4, Battle of Brisbane

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
One thing I noticed at the game was there was more 'red' in the crowd but they were not nearly as vocal as the boos when the announcer tried to get a Dolphins chant happening. Maybe new fans are still trying to find their voice or maybe Suncorp/Lang Park really is the Broncos home - which I tend to agree with to be honest.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
One thing I noticed at the game was there was more 'red' in the crowd but they were not nearly as vocal as the boos when the announcer tried to get a Dolphins chant happening. Maybe new fans are still trying to find their voice or maybe Suncorp/Lang Park really is the Broncos home - which I tend to agree with to be honest.
I wonder what's going to happen if the crowds continue flocking to the Dolphins. Or what is a dolphins equivalent of "flock"? Kayo "stadium" won't cut it and Lang Park is far away and Broncos home.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I wonder what's going to happen if the crowds continue flocking to the Dolphins. Or what is a dolphins equivalent of "flock"? Kayo "stadium" won't cut it and Lang Park is far away and Broncos home.
Moreton council already pumped 10 mill into Dolphins Stadium and are dirty they didn't get any type of regional title. However, maybe with the Olympics coming up, State Government could pump some more $$$ into a bigger stadium and public transport infrastructure here to kill 2 birds with one Ray Stone.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Moreton council already pumped 10 mill into Dolphins Stadium and are dirty they didn't get any type of regional title. However, maybe with the Olympics coming up, State Government could pump some more $$$ into a bigger stadium and public transport infrastructure here to kill 2 birds with one Ray Stone.

And call them Redcliffe, and stick the real Dolphins logo on the jerseys.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
And call them Redcliffe, and stick the real Dolphins logo on the jerseys.
100% !!! I think longevity will be the telling factor if they try and infringe upon the Broncos turf and inevitably can't sustain the initial hype.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League
What are you even doing here? You've been an embarrassment to all Broncos fans over at BHQ for years and a main reason th place is so toxic, why bring it here too? Twaddle off on your donkey into the sunset lol.

Someone had to say it.....

thanks-awesome.gif

Red

Forum staff
Anyone want to nominate the Dolphins 3-2-1 best players from this game? I know it's hard when we lose and this was a typical Wayne Bennettesque team effort making it especially hard.
3. Jesse Bromwich
2. Euan Aitken
1. The Hammer

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
That is difficult.....
3. Jesse Bromwich
2. The Hammer
1. Ray Stone (had to play about 50min at hooker and didn't let the team down.

Josh

QLD Cup
I really don't know. As you say, good team effort.
3. The Hammer
2. Jesse Bromwich
1. Milf

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
I thought Gilbert was our best, he seemed everywhere, but the match stats don't really reflect this for some reason.

Chris

QLD Cup
I thought Gilbert was our best, he seemed everywhere, but the match stats don't really reflect this for some reason.
I was going to say Gilbert but he made a few misakes. Euan Aitken seemed everywhere. Tackling well and making good metres, busting tackles almost everytime he got the ball.
3. Aitken
2. J. Browwich
1. Gilbert.

Wingnut

Pod Calf
I was just going to ask about that. Don't you think he'd be better at centre? Because as a winger, even though he has the occasional blinder in him, he's typically average at best. We'd justifiably much prefer Herbie over either.
Cobbo has far more potential and game breaking ability, he's got something in attack Herbie doesn't offer.

He's also a naturally left sided player he'll likely flourish, I'm sad to lose Herbie but Cobbo is not that much of a downgrade.

Josh

QLD Cup
Cobbo has far more potential and game breaking ability, he's got something in attack Herbie doesn't offer.

He's also a naturally left sided player he'll likely flourish, I'm sad to lose Herbie but Cobbo is not that much of a downgrade.
Both good players. I think Cobbo will be a really good centre. But I'd much prefer Herbie at centre. Prefer Herbie at fullback as well. As for a winger, that's hard. Maybe Cobbo.

DolphinLungren

QLD Cup
Both good players. I think Cobbo will be a really good centre. But I'd much prefer Herbie at centre. Prefer Herbie at fullback as well. As for a winger, that's hard. Maybe Cobbo.
Herbie is going to be an absolute superstar, if not already. The Broncos have absolutely primed him for us, I feel bad for them actually. I wonder if he has been promised full back though and what that will mean for Hammer?

Chris

QLD Cup
Herbie is going to be an absolute superstar, if not already. The Broncos have absolutely primed him for us, I feel bad for them actually. I wonder if he has been promised full back though and what that will mean for Hammer?
We will be in the same boat in a few years. Sydney Roosters in particular poaching some of the best Dolphins bring into the NRL.

Wingnut

Pod Calf
He's probably in the top 10 most powerful centres. Very far from one of the most powerful in the comp. He's a good player. Solid first grader, fringe rep player.

Really? Well you would know better than me but I can't recall halves often stopping Cobbo at full speed in his tracks.
I think considering he's 5'10-11 and 95kg I would say he is pound for pound wise
Well yeah he's a broncos junior and we developed him that's as primed as you can get

Josh

QLD Cup
I think considering he's 5'10-11 and 95kg I would say he is pound for pound wise

Well yeah he's a broncos junior and we developed him that's as primed as you can get
Like Reynolds, Capewell, Haas (and the myriad of other GC juniors Broncos have poached over the years). The point is, being dirty over the Dolphins poaching a few Broncos players is stupid. Dolphins will probably poach a few more before promising juniors are shared evenly.