What's new

Round 4, Battle of Brisbane

Josh

QLD Cup
Everything you're thinking about him now is what we thought of him at the Broncos until we eventually gave up hope.

He's not a shit player, and he doesn't have shit games. He will cling to his spot until he becomes the scapegoat for you looking aimless and losing.

He will coast along passing the ball, kicking his bombs, and do 2 or 3 things every game that make you think the next game he'll be even better. But this is his standard. Just good enough to keep you hoping.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but we've seen it all before. He doesn't respond to punishment or incentive. What he is now is what you'll get.
LOL that's ok. We forgive you(y).

As for Milf, let's wait and see. He's had two chances so far. In the second trial, he was fuking terrible! Last night, at worst, he was good. One could argue, very good.

Wingnut

Pod Calf
He and Farnworth were both excellent. Especially the latter. All Straggs really did was run hard. It worked last night but won't for much longer unless he grows another 10cm and puts on another 15kg of muscle. I'm glad we have signed Farnworth rather than Staggs. As for this year, can't wait for round 18. After last night, if the team isn't very confident, it should be.
Ah yes “won’t work” acting like he isn’t one of the most powerful players in the comp.

he has sent more people into orbit with one arm then anyone in the comp playing atm.

Herbie is better but we’ll just be putting Cobbo into to centre which is more then fine

Red

Forum staff

As for Milf, let's wait and see. He's had two chances so far. In the second trial, he was fuking terrible! Last night, at worst, he was good. One could argue, very good.
IMO he was good before SOS went off, very good after. Seemed to relish the extra responsibility.

Red

Forum staff
Ah yes “won’t work” acting like he isn’t one of the most powerful players in the comp.

he has sent more people into orbit with one arm then anyone in the comp playing atm.

Herbie is better but we’ll just be putting Cobbo into to centre which is more then fine
I was just going to ask about that. Don't you think he'd be better at centre? Because as a winger, even though he has the occasional blinder in him, he's typically average at best. We'd justifiably much prefer Herbie over either.

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member

He's probably in the top 10 most powerful centres. Very far from one of the most powerful in the comp. He's a good player. Solid first grader, fringe rep player.
Milford didn’t fold Cobbo in half, he just put his shoulder into him like anyone should
Really? Well you would know better than me but I can't recall halves often stopping Cobbo at full speed in his tracks.

Mr Fourex

Dolphins Junior League

I certainly think Milf is worth persevering with for a bit longer....he was OK, last night. He could have done more......but he can't win games on his own. Thats something that Broncos fans could never get their head around.

His fitness right now is certainly not good enough......needs to work hard on that. I think he and Katoa, might work out ok.

Equaliser

I certainly think Milf is worth persevering with for a bit longer....he was OK, last night. He could have done more......but he can't win games on his own. Thats something that Broncos fans could never get their head around.

His fitness right now is certainly not good enough......needs to work hard on that. I think he and Katoa, might work out ok.
It's a damn shame he can't or won't lose a couple of excess kgs.

I'm also optimistic about him and Katoa. As Benny said last night, Katoa is a halfback who was forced to fill in at 5/8.

BTW Did you see the guy in the crowd, in the background after the Dolphins first try, wearing the Redcliffe jersey from about 20 years ago? Wasn't you, was it?

Super Freak

Pod Calf
That was a typical Wayne Bennett coached team performance.

It was a very gutsy effort. They kept hanging in there, being a persistent thorn in the side of the Broncos despite their outs and the players they lost during the game and nearly came away with the win after all of that.

They can hold their heads up after that one.

It was a very ugly win for the Broncos, but sometimes games are just like that. You need to know how to win ugly. I think the occasion got to both sides a bit and when you add in the humidity and the fatigue from how intense that game was, it's understandable why it turned out the way it did.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Pros:
  • Despite not having a genuine hooker on the field for all but about 3min, almost won.
  • The form of Milf. At least last night.
  • Euan Aitken was a menace for the defence.
  • Lemuelu just keeps getting better.
  • The most popular team at Lang Park.
Cons:
  • Lost.
  • Milf, Kenny Bromwich and Brenko Lee would all be better if they lost a kg or 2.
  • The injury to SOS.
Pro:
  • Despite the suspensions to key players before the game and injuries during the game, so many simple dropped balls which will only happen once or twice max a season. But still right in it until the end. If not for the idiot, (Brenko Lee?) needlessly rushing out of the line which led to the Capewell try, it would have been very interesting.

Chris

QLD Cup
That was a typical Wayne Bennett coached team performance.

It was a very gutsy effort. They kept hanging in there, being a persistent thorn in the side of the Broncos despite their outs and the players they lost during the game and nearly came away with the win after all of that.

They can hold their heads up after that one.

It was a very ugly win for the Broncos, but sometimes games are just like that. You need to know how to win ugly. I think the occasion got to both sides a bit and when you add in the humidity and the fatigue from how intense that game was, it's understandable why it turned out the way it did.
I thought Broncos ball handling was good. Good for them, not so good for the Dolphins.

Red

Forum staff
I thought Broncos ball handling was good. Good for them, not so good for the Dolphins.
A few bad passes led to drops but not many 'clean' drops like we suffered from all evening.

Paul

Dolphins Junior League
Better team won on the night but the Dolphins will take a lot of confidence from that when they meet in round 19. Though they are scheduled to play at the Gabba. I don't know WTF that's about but have to change it to Lang Park!

Super Freak

Pod Calf
Better team won on the night but the Dolphins will take a lot of confidence from that when they meet in round 19. Though they are scheduled to play at the Gabba. I don't know WTF that's about but have to change it to Lang Park!

FIFA have paid enough money to get exclusive use of Suncorp during that period for the women's World Cup.

Equaliser

FIFA have paid enough money to get exclusive use of Suncorp during that period for the women's World Cup.
I wonder why they wouldn't take it to ANZ in that case. I know it's not good for watching live but still better than the Gabba.

midlands hobo

Just had a chance to watch the game 9am KO on a Friday makes it hard to watch here. Enjoyed it, hardly the spanking the broncos were predicting.

Jetty

QLD Cup
Just had a chance to watch the game 9am KO on a Friday makes it hard to watch here. Enjoyed it, hardly the spanking the broncos were predicting.
Some of us were enthusiastic about trying to sign that fullback from St Helens but the Hammer is playing so well...... Of course he'd be a handy pickup but it's not as if the Dolphins are desperately in need of a fullback.

midlands hobo

Some of us were enthusiastic about trying to sign that fullback from St Helens but the Hammer is playing so well...... Of course he'd be a handy pickup but it's not as if the Dolphins are desperately in need of a fullback.
Jack welsby has potential to be world class however he needs to move to the NRL to hit that potential. I'd rather have him in a red shirt than against. He'd work well with Herbie

Equaliser

The Hammer still lacks playmaking ability to be one of the top fullbacks. He looks like a centre filling in at fullback.
Jack welsby has potential to be world class however he needs to move to the NRL to hit that potential. I'd rather have him in a red shirt than against. He'd work well with Herbie
Maybe there is a plan to play Herbie at fullback next year.

midlands hobo

The Hammer still lacks playmaking ability to be one of the top fullbacks. He looks like a centre filling in at fullback.

Maybe there is a plan to play Herbie at fullback next year.
Not popular over here. The England fans want to see him stay at centre for the benefit of the national team. As a Welsh fan I couldn't care less about England