What's new

Round 4, Battle of Brisbane

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
Sully has awesome but I think Katoa-Milf might be a better combo.
Maybe, but the Milf you saw tonight was the exactly the Milf we had at the Broncos. Difference being he was being paid a million bucks a season to win games for us. You see him as a cheapie who's on the verge of a return to form. He's not. He will always tread water.

He couldn't win games for us. He would do just enough not to look bad, but never enough to take control of the game.

He will break your heart.

Chris

QLD Cup
Maybe, but the Milf you saw tonight was the exactly the Milf we had at the Broncos. Difference being he was being paid a million bucks a season to win games for us. You see him as a cheapie who's on the verge of a return to form. He's not. He will always tread water.

He couldn't win games for us. He would do just enough not to look bad, but never enough to take control of the game.

He's still fat. If he lost 3 to 4kg, I think he'd be much better.

Josh

QLD Cup

I guess we are going to see.

Nashy

Broncos Scout
Bench tonight for the Phins was rough once you lost Niko and SOS. I thought Milford was better than he's been in years tonight, which isn't giving him much, but it was left up to him to control the match really, and I think he plays again next week.

The last kick of his to put Katoni over was a great play too.

Chris

QLD Cup
Bench tonight for the Phins was rough once you lost Niko and SOS. I thought Milford was better than he's been in years tonight, which isn't giving him much, but it was left up to him to control the match really, and I think he plays again next week.

The last kick of his to put Katoni over was a great play too.
Aree. I think Teague at dummy half was really poor. Good player, crap dummy half. Milf wound back the clock. Even tackled well. Last kick was just unlucky and a team out on it's feet.

Reactions: Red

Red

Forum staff
Aree. I think Teague at dummy half was really poor. Good player, crap dummy half. Milf wound back the clock. Even tackled well. Last kick was just unlucky and a team out on it's feet.
Was it Cobbo who Milf hammed late in the game? I don't think I've ever seen him do that before. Even when he was at his best.

Josh

QLD Cup
Pros:
  • Despite not having a genuine hooker on the field for all but about 3min, almost won.
  • The form of Milf. At least last night.
  • Euan Aitken was a menace for the defence.
  • Lemuelu just keeps getting better.
  • The most popular team at Lang Park.
Cons:
  • Lost.
  • Milf, Kenny Bromwich and Brenko Lee would all be better if they lost a kg or 2.
  • The injury to SOS.

Wingnut

Pod Calf
He
Was it Cobbo who Milf hammed late in the game? I don't think I've ever seen him do that before. Even when he was at his best.
folded Mitchell Pearce in half, he’s had a few big hits in his time

Equaliser

Dolphins Pod squad member
Dolphins Staggs is your daddy
He and Farnworth were both excellent. Especially the latter. All Straggs really did was run hard. It worked last night but won't for much longer unless he grows another 10cm and puts on another 15kg of muscle. I'm glad we have signed Farnworth rather than Staggs. As for this year, can't wait for round 18. After last night, if the team isn't very confident, it should be.

McHunt

Dolphins Junior League
He's still fat. If he lost 3 to 4kg, I think he'd be much better.
Everything you're thinking about him now is what we thought of him at the Broncos until we eventually gave up hope.

He's not a shit player, and he doesn't have shit games. He will cling to his spot until he becomes the scapegoat for you looking aimless and losing.

He will coast along passing the ball, kicking his bombs, and do 2 or 3 things every game that make you think the next game he'll be even better. But this is his standard. Just good enough to keep you hoping.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but we've seen it all before. He doesn't respond to punishment or incentive. What he is now is what you'll get.